See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I knew the hotel wasn't a 5* when i booked it, but i will definitely be staying there again with my future visits to Jamaica. I found the staff helpful, friendly and polite. I found Brandon and his family very accommodating and extremely helpful when i needed to rush my daughter to the hospital, there weren't no if or buts he just took us straight to the hospital and for that i will always be grateful. Our stay here was a home from home considering there was over 25 family members attending a wedding there were a few hiccup's but nothing major. Thank you Brandon and your staff ( Chef next time we will make a list )

Room tip: Higher floor is cooler and has better views
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank _sachapingue
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have been for quite a week in this hotel. The bedrooms are clean and essential, the personnel was really nice and gentle and helped us in our hour of need. The little beach of the hotel is beautiful and 10 minutes to swim there is a splendid reef. It was also great to eat the delicious dishes at the restaurant by the sea, watching the sunset and drinking some good cocktail made with rum! One more word goes to Brandon, the owner, that for a week was our great uncle and treated us with great affection. This place, these people stay in our hearts...thank you very much! hope to come back soon!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank silviaf237
Reviewed 3 March 2016

My review is based only on observations as I could not even stay one night.
The hotel is off the main road and down a lane, not the easiest of places to find. The receptionist was pleasant whilst checking in. She did her best to be welcoming but other than this and the fact that there is a seaview the hotel was in a poor condition.
Shown first room - decor poor, paint peeling, no handle on cupboards, no working AC, wires sticking out of walls, linen poor quality and stained likewise the bathroom. Door closure/lock looked unsafe I Declined this room. Shown to a second one which was no better. Asked about a key for the safe and told there was none.
Signage in the foyer says -hot water only available twice daily during certain hours.!!
Unable to stay here. Checked out.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank liketravelling07
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely, rustic, home from home kind of setting. The staff are attentive, the manager is a genuine good guy. The restaurant staff are friendly and have good knowledge of all you need to know. I didn't spend too many nights but I could have stayed the whole two weeks. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, it was a nice view from the balcony, what more could you ask for. It's not sandals no, it's not posh but it's a comfortable, welcoming little place in central ocho rios. Lots of good little places to eat and drink within minutes walking distance and the on site restaurant is nice (I like to explore though). I spent my second weekend at sandcastles with a view of the car park and an extra charge for housekeeping@ 165quid for 2 nights I'd have rather stayed at ocean sands with the beach view and the nicer people at the cheaper price. That's a lesson learnt, I'd defo stay here again and give the big dog places a miss. Thanks for having us ☺

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I had a great trip for 10 days . Great room and good staff. WOULD STAY AGAIN! Thanks for the good trip and good service. The food was great and the price was better than other places. I cant wait to go back again and this was my 31st trip but first to stay here.