“Thirty Years Later”
Review of The Ruins at the Falls - CLOSED

The Ruins at the Falls
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

The first time I was at The Ruins at the Falls was 30 years ago and so I was delighted to see it was still there on my visit to Ocho Rios in March 2013.
It is a fabulous place to take memorable scenic pictures on the bridge with the Falls in the background .
If you are going to Ocho Rios it is worth a visit!

1  Thank Toni K N

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was a fab excursion that everyone I went with loved. I cools you down whilst also eating the heart pumping.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

If this place lived up to the beautiful surroundings the food should have been fantastic. Unfortunately, it is anything but! When looking at the menu prices then saw what was delivered from the kitchen it really made you realize that you were paying a lot and getting very little in return.
A buffet was also offered that supposedly had Jamaican dishes. I have enjoyed eating at Croydon Plantation in the past so had an idea of what Jamaican dishes should be. None of my table mates who went to the buffet had anything good to say about the food. It consisted of some dried, tasteless chicken and lukewarm side dishes.
I realize that this restaurant was busy, but still for the prices being charged you should have received something much better. If you are willing to just enjoy the surroundings then this place may be worth a visit. If you want to enjoy some good food find another place.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

last June (2012) on my trip to Jamaica with my niece, we took the Bob Marley and Dunns River tour. Lunch was at the Ruins - heaven! The buffet was a delicious array of Jamaican and Chinese dishes. We stayed a bit late at the Marley mausoleum and childhood home - so we were a bit late for lunch - no problem! We were seated quickly, and the food was waiting for us in the covered area, tasty and warm. We had second helpings of most things. I loved the variety so that even the pickiest eater in your group would have been satisfied.
The cost was included in our tour package, and it was a great value. I highly recommend it for families and also for romance.

1  Thank angela a
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I really hope the owner of the establishment is reading this or someone close to that position i went there on a family outing last christmas and it was the WORST dining experiece any of us has ever been on the food was teribble and the prieces were soo high and ridicilous the propotion of food was way off we spent over $20,000 on food and got nothing the only good thing was the athmosphere I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE and i advice those who havent tried it as yet DONT ENTER PLEASE

1  Thank TAMMY f