Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$125
eDreamsUS$125
Agoda.comUS$125
TripadvisorUS$125
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021

The Mynt Retreat is a gem! The property and space is lovingly created and maintained by the owner and her staff. When I had cell phone troubles (due to my cell plan and lack of int'l coverage) the owner, a beautiful soul, set me up on her own personal wi-fi so i could contact my family whenever I needed. I highly recommend the Mynt Retreat.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2021

This was my time away from friends that traveled with me to Negril for a week. Once all that nonstop party got out of their systems and they left, i needed A BREAK!! Mynt Retreat provided the solace I needed. Ms. Valarie and her son Ryan were truly awesome as well as their Housekeeper and daily cook. I really vibed with the housekeeper because she was an EXCELLENT cook and really loved her job & made an AWESOME POT OF COFFEE for me. I drank so much coffee and was still able to sleep at night. I would sit and talk to Ryan at night after coming in from Peppa's. Every time I'm in Montego Bay I go to Peppa's Chill Spot to eat and relax. IT was so perfect that Mynt is right next door. This was the best decision I made to relax and chill in Montego Bay before returning home to the states. I loved every bit of the time I spent there and would gladly recommend them to family and friends. She has a driver on call that can take you to a local spot or two for a very affordable rate. The WIFI was really good on my mobile phones. I didn't bring my laptop, so i don't know what it would be like to attempt to work but checking emails and doing things on my multiple phones were just fine. I randomly ran into an old classmate from Highschool at Mynt Retreat, such a coincidence because I'm super lowkey about my travels. You never know who you'll see while away so just be kind in life. This place is wonderful for those that want to chill, kick back & mind your own business.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 1delta97
Reviewed 6 December 2019

This property is charming, clean and Valerie, the owner is so helpful and kind. Next door there is a great local restaurant (casual) called Peppers, where you can eat under the stars.

Mynt has small but relaxing grounds and is directly connected to Peppers via a garden-like walkway. Mynt is reasonably priced, so whether you are in the area for vacation, or need a place to stay before/after the flight - consider Mynt. A superb value. It's not on the beach but I was told you can see the water from its location high on a hill, we arrived to late and left too early to tell,. You are near a roadway, but thats to be expected in/near any city, so was not a problem at all for us. Probably anyplace not directly on the beach is near a roadway...

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 10 May 2019

If you are looking for something beyond the hyper-touristy glossy and packaged resorts then Mynt may the place for you. We made a trip to Jamaica in Feb and stayed at the Mynt for 4 nights.
It is a pretty short hop from the airport and is located away from the resorts and the central hubbub. There were some reviews complaining about the noise, but we did not have any such experience. The hotel is adjacent to a very popular restaurant and may have been the source for the noise.

The hosts were welcoming, warm and helpful all through the stay. The rooms are named after Moroccan towns and are light and airy. There is a great view of the bay from the balcony. The breakfast was excellent everyday - wonderful Blue Mountain coffee, made to order eggs, tropical fruits and local fare. Enough fuel to sustain the traveler till late afternoon.

Some Tips
1) The hotel provides airport transfers, but you deal directly with the driver in terms of payments. It is NOT free

2) Email a request for a 2nd floor sea facing room . Not all rooms do so and we were not sure which ones did.

3) The rooms are clean with comfortable pillows and linens although some folks may feel they are a bit barebones especially the bathroom and closet. Even though they are air conditioned, we did find ourselves being bitten by some mosquitos. Stock up on some mosquito repellents from the local store. The water pressure was a bit low and the water lukewarm on our 1st two days. The host attributed that to some maintenance work, but something to remember and check

4) Mynt is also off the beaten path in more ways than one. Nothing except the restaurant next door is within walking distance and you ned to make transportation arrangements either with Mynt or through some other means. We were fortunate to have very nice, friendly drivers who acted more as guides . Check with the hosts

All in all, a place that we recommend

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mcvadhool
MyntRetreat, General Manager at Mynt Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2019

Thank you for your kind words and thorough review. We aim to constantly improve our guests’ experiences and we appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves especially on our service and our breakfasts, and we are happy to see that you were pleased. It was a joy having you! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

Repeat visitor to this wonderful b&b 5 minutes from Montego Bay's Airport. Spent 4 nights with my 2 adult daughters. We stayed in Marrakesh large room with 2 very comfortable large beds and a sofa bed. Valerie, Ryan, Yvette and Sherece did everything possible to make us welcome and comfortable I could not ask for more. We also had the best Jamaican breakfast which was included in the price. Very centrally located it was a great base to move around from. Definitely the only place for me in Montego Bay!

Date of stay: April 2019