Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 29/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Free cancellation until 28/05/21
Hotels.comUS$110
Expedia.comUS$110
HurbUS$124
All reviews hip strip close to the airport deluxe room basic hotel nice pool hotel restaurant poolside bar main pool tonys mobay jamaica
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

My cousin was getting married in mobay at a villa but last minute the venue pulled out, leaving my cousin upset and our family out if pocket due to flights and hotels for this purpose. I was staying at Tobys and with 7 days until the wedding date we spoke with reception. Annie I believe co owns the hotel, gave us an idea of the price of a wedding held at the hotel. The next day we spoke with Annie again and she arranged the wedding with less than a week to go. I am aware she even cancelled a trip to be there on the day. Micheal, the bar tender was amazing with his help and I did not see him take a day off until after the wedding. On the day the decorations looked stunning, the food was great. Every member of staff was involved. Michael became the master of ceremonies as we did not have one. The other waiters ensured that everything went to plan. Shane one of the other owners ensured that the quality was perfect in what we were getting. My husband was not able to attend the wedding because of the 15 person rule at the moment so Shane sent him a bottle of champagne to the room and a gift bag for us each. My actual stay was great. Clean, food was great and the security ensured I was safe when leaving the hotel alone. The housekeeper also did my laundry which I believe is not the usual custom. I will be going to Tobys again. Its a beautiful hotel with great owners thay really understand how to run a hotel.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ChevGaniza
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

My wife and I spend one night at this Hotel. We were pleasantly surpr8by the cleanliness of the room. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. For the price it was well worth it. The restaurant staff was very helpful. I would recommend this property for short stay. It's near to the airport and it's right on the hip strip.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

Buyer beware!! Massive conflicting information re: Jamaica's Covid US tourist policy. Do not travel here w/your hard earned $. You're asked personal medical information among complete strangers. You are a hostage in your hotel room or on your resort property!! If you test positive, they require a 14 day quarantine in their country & you pay for your healthcare! Stay HOME or go elsewhere!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Flew in late & rather than drive for 4hrs stayed at Toby’s. Decent bed! Better than average for this hotel category. Parking was tight but in a secure yard. Wifi was troublesome with weak signal. Another system is in the restaurant, a bit better. Its an old property though it has been spruced up. Pool & poolside bar. Walkable to casino but neighbourhood (Hip Strip) is getting even more seedy. Limited sidewalks with broken concrete. Very limited food outlets in the immediate area. We did not use the hotel restaurant so no rating and we were on the road next morning very early. Overall reasonable value.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank im44
Reviewed 25 February 2020

We've stayed at Toby's a couple of times when in Montego Bay and it's ok. It's quite basic but it is clean and within walking distance of the tourist centre of Montego Bay. Having had both a standard and a deluxe room I think it's worth paying extra for the deluxe. The breakfasts are decent however there could be a bit more choice for vegetarians. The breakfast area is quite pleasant and you benefit from the breeze while looking out onto the gardens. Overall it's fine for a night or two but I wouldn't choose it for a full holiday.

Room tip: Deluxe rooms are best. Room 69 is a corner room and has a reduced balcony as a result.
Date of stay: February 2020