29 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$231
HolidayInn.comUS$231
HurbUS$256
4,211 results
All reviews jerk hut barefoot bar adult pool seabreeze restaurant ice cream hut vip lounge burger bar nachos stayed in building italian restaurant grilled cheese main restaurant kids club hot dogs tennis courts main pool a la carte restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022

The resort is beautiful with the little island just off of the beach. It's easy to walk over to it as the water is only just above knee depth. We were in block 1 and had been told that this is the worst block, but we didn't experience any problems at all. However, we were at the back overlooking the Seabreeze fish restaurant and the sea, so didn't get the noise from the entertainment. Our room was a little old fashioned, but we didn't really expect ultra modern anyway. We had a junior suite, which had 2 beds (not big enough for 2 people, so small doubles) and a double sofa bed. Sofa bed was comfortable to sleep on and we took turns sleeping on it. The food in the buffet restaurant was ok, not the best I've had, but i found something to eat every night. We booked the fish restaurant one night and I, personally, wouldn't recommend it. We also booked the Italian restaurant twice and it was amazing (and air conditioned!!). You have to pay if you want to go to the Japanese restaurant $29, we didn't bother, nor did we try the Jamaican restaurant as from looking at the menu the food would have been too spicy for our tastes.

The pool is lovely, but is only 3 1/2 feet all the way round, so not possible to swim "properly", just pop in for a dip and a cool off. The adult pool is also the same depth, has a swim up bar, but I found it to be a little dirty with bits and insects floating in it. However, I only went there once.

The downside, for me, was that the resort is too noisy. Music too loud round by the pool, can also be heard on the beach, the Jerk Hut also blares music, as does the adult pool, so nowhere really to just lie and relax in peace.

We did 3 trips. Horseriding, which was fantastic, rafting with a limestone leg and foot massage which was amazing. A boat trip to Dunns River Falls that stops for snorkelling and swimming which was brilliant, the only down side for me was when the music started on the boat, suffice to say my ear drums have not yet recovered!! I was unable to climb Dunns falls as I am diabetic, but wasn't advised of this when we booked. TUI are now aware and I did get a part refund. We were due to go to Rick's Cafe, but got the wrong day, so missed it. However, we met a lady who had had a bad accident there and she told us there were no medical staff on site to help her, so be warned.

Overall the resort is beautiful, just like the pictures online and in the brochures, sea is crystal clear and warm. But for me it was just far too noisy.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are the nicest apparently
2  Thank bichongirl
Reviewed 20 June 2022

The room was just what I needed for the relaxation, It was such a well-spent vacation. From my feet hit the ground. The friendly and courteous staff at the front desk was amazing. The unlimited food especially the Jerk hut, the ambiance, the 24-hour help desk, not to mention the activities.... and oh the pool:). The extra care and detailed attention to ensure safety were evident in the constant sanitizing and cleaning.

Room tip: Up stair or higher floors/ Balcony, quieter
Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank nicolewT2321SI
Winsome Hooper, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2022

Dear Nicole,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while vacationing with us.

Thank you for the kind feedback shared, and we are certainly looking forward in welcoming you back soonest.

Reviewed 20 June 2022

I really wanted to give 5 stars because the resort is just beautiful. To say it’s on the beach is an understatement, any closer and it would be floating and the private island adds an extra special touch.
The coach driver told us they don’t have problems in Jamaica, just issues that can be solved. We did encounter a few of these issues due to the hotel being busy and the Jamaican culture being a little more laid back than us Brit’s are used to!
When we arrived we had to queue for 50 minutes to check in. Unfortunately this was following a nine hour flight and various queues at the airport for different reasons (we didn’t encounter any issues the other side of the airport coming home, in fact it’s the nicest departure area I’ve ever seen)
A few fans in reception would’ve been nice while we were queuing to check in or a jug of water as we were all sweating. I eventually sent my husband to the bar for a cheeky drink while we were waiting which helped and the view from our room 2328 was just breath taking and made up for the wait.
On other occasions we had to wait briefly for a table in the main restaurant and the snack huts ran out of cups, plates or bananas for the banana Daquiri which was my favourite. We waited or found an alternative (no problem, just a small issue!) The al a cart restaurants were not open every day and you could only book the day before so we only managed the sea food one which was amazing.
The hotel is also strict on covid regulations in the restaurants so if you think you’ve left mask wearing behind think again although it’s a small price to pay to keep everyone safe and the reputation of the hotel intact.
As for the Jamaican culture as mentioned above, everything is quite laid back. For example, if the band is due on at 7.30, it’s more likely to be 8.30!
These aren’t really ‘moans’ but I wish I’d known about some of these things before I went so I am just forewarning others.
The positives are the absolutely beautiful location, the food and drinks, the friendly locals and the music which all added to the unique atmosphere.
A special thanks to Kingsley, one of the taxi drivers who took us to Hip Street and to Bob Marley’s house. Thanks for keeping us safe (some of those roads to St Anne’s we’re a bit dodgy!) and for sharing your knowledge of the area with us.
All in all I had the best holiday ever and have already started to look at prices for next year. Would (and have) recommend this holiday to anyone who will listen!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah B

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for the very candid feedback posted.

We have taken note of the areas where you stated your experience fell short, as well as the actions which you thought would have made the difference.

Please be assured that we are committed in ensuring that your next visit will be not be "almost perfect, but perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope to welcome you back home soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of a holiday booked through Tui. While we made the best of our holiday and the hotel met basic requirements, there were a number of issues which need to be highlighted. The reception desk is well staffed but all questions unrelated to check in are bounced to a nearby “service desk” which is usually swamped - this led to repeated frustrating experiences where reception staff would not advise us of where toilets /dining areas were, how to order towels etcetera. Even through the service desk we had to request new towels 4 times before this took place which is not a good service experience. While the reservation restaurants offer good dining options, the main buffet areas are examples of glaringly poor service with dirty tables being left while customers queue for dinner. On one occasion I had to go into the kitchen myself to acquire cutlery after asking our waitress several times. The main lobby area and entertainment areas are stuffy with no attempts made to deter flies or other insects.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We regret the experience being relayed. Please know that the situation described does not in anyway reflect our team's service experience goal, and moreso the standards by which our hotel is operated.

Please be assured that we will re-evaluate all the areas highlighted and if/where necessary make the necessary adjustments in ensuring that our valued guests, like yourself, have the excellent service experience with which our team is known to create for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we do hope that we be allowed another opportunity to reaffirm your faith and confidence in our hotel's product and service.

Reviewed 20 June 2022

I booked this resort through Tui and stayed for a week with my son. We had an absolute ball. I had been a little nervous with it only being 3*. I’ve been in 5* hotels all around the world but I have to say that this was on a par with many of these places.

The vibe there was just beautiful. Everybody was happy and chilled - the beach was just gorgeous and relaxing. The view from our balcony of the sea to one side and the mountains on the other was just gorgeous and I know that we didn’t even have the best views that were on offer.

The al a carte dining was great. The restaurants were easy to book and we tried the seafood and Italian. The food in the Sorrento restaurant was amazing and Tamara, our waitress, was lovely. The buffet had some nice food and the lady at reception there was great. To be honest though the waiting staff were really busy and it was hit and miss with what type of a service that you were going to get. Sometimes you’d be offered wine in the evening other times you were lucky to be able to get a clean cup to get yourself some water in. It was a similar situation in the mornings with coffee. I found myself seeking the staff out at their stations. However, that was really the only problem. It wasn’t the fault of the staff. It’s not like they were stood around doing nothing. I just think they need more staff. I’d like to see more Jamaican food at the buffet too. Other than dumplings and plantain, I can’t recall seeing much else. Oh there was some yummy oxtail one night. The jerk hut was fabulous but they ran out of plates on occasion too. I’ve really missed the breakfast since arriving home.

Entertainment began a bit late for us at 9. By that point, dinner was often over and it wouldn’t be long before we’d be in bed. Again, that could be hit and miss but there was an amazing Bob Marley tribute and some nice steel drums one evening.

The staff were always respectful and pleasant. We took a snorkelling trip one morning which we hired from the hotel and the men were great at teaching my son and keeping us safe. No awkwardness at all, they were just lovely. I was always helped with my bags too.

I didn’t discover until the last day that there was a taxi service with excursions that could be hired from the front of the hotel so I booked mine with Tui. There’s also a shuttle bus that leaves for Rose Hall and to take you shopping. I’ll know this for next time.

I did experience an issue with housekeeping. I was told the room would be cleaned every other day but unfortunately only happened twice within the week. To be fair, on one occasion a cleaner did arrive but it was almost 7pm as we were getting ready for dinner so I asked her to come back the day after, which didn’t happen. The toilet wasn’t great at flushing and there were ants on the balcony so I think now covid has become more manageable,housekeeping should be more regular again. My son did have an accident one night so along with towels, bedding was necessary so it was a little frustrating.

The pool was great but very shallow. I didn’t go in the adult’s pool as it was small and there were a lot of people but I’d imagine it was deeper. The adult’s only section was glorious btw. The main pool was manned heavily with lifeguards but they could be a bit grumpy. Giving my son a 5 minute time out because he kicked a volleyball yet ignoring when another child slapped my son in the face. They were pleasant enough to me though. Speaking of the pools, the aqua aerobics in the mornings were ace and the guy leading it was truly funny. I really miss partaking in that.

Despite the little niggles mentioned above, I’m already planning a trip for my whole family in December now. It was one of the best holidays I’ve ever been on. We really did have the time of our lives.

Trip type: Travelled with family