16 people are viewing this hotel
US$210
Free cancellation until 25/08/22
US$208
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$180
Hotels.comUS$210
Trip.comUS$192
TraveluroUS$251
All reviews sea garden beach bar ocean view jerk chicken nightly entertainment buffet style gift shop pool side jamaican food red stripe a lot of fun resort margaritaville bellman jamaicans negril vendors
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2022

This is a pretty property, with well maintained gardens and clean basic rooms but the staff really needs to get their act together .
The room supposedly had a kettle and tea and coffee and I had to request for a working kettle three times . The tea making kit had everything but the tea bags . Had to call the housekeeping thrice and then finally after I went to the front desk , they sent tea bags ! And over the three days I was there , they gave me three kettles that wouldn’t work ! I gave up after the third time . I never could make a cup of tea in my room .
The place is also very noisy. No chance to enjoy any peace and quiet. Live music is on by the pool side till 10 pm and even sitting peacefully on the beach side during the day is not an option , loud music starts at 10 am . Meal times including early morning breakfasts at 8 am is accompanied with loud music.
The staff at the egg station is clearly overwhelmed and could not deal with the morning rush .
Really disappointed, wanted some peace and quiet but just the basics in this pretty property were not quiet there .

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JayaM335
DMJ SGBR-JA, Marketing at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2022

Dear Jaya M,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide constructive feedback on your stay.
We appreciate your opinion and take your views seriously. They will assist us to thoroughly assess ways to enhance our offering in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2022

My wife and I were disappointed from the moment we stepped onto the property. We arrived at 5pm from the airport and were starving after a long travel day. We found a gap in the food service from 5pm when the Beach Grill closes to 7pm when the dinner buffet opens. An all-inclusive resort should have better options around traditional service times.

Disappointment continued as we were not provided any information on additional restaurants, hours of service or where anything on the property was located. We had to walk around to find everything from the coffee stand to the gift shop to the restrooms / showers at the beach.

The bar service provided drinks with little to no alcohol (unless you drink the Red Stripe tap beer). The drinks are served in eight ounce glasses, so plan on bouncing back and forth to the bar several times a day.

There are better options to choose from. There may be some more costs, but you will be disappointed in the value of this resort while trying to save a few dollars. Keep looking.

Date of stay: April 2022

Dear tedaustad,

We appreciate your opinion and suggestions. This review will be shared and assessed by our team, as we continuously strive to expand our service provision in the best manner possible for all our guests.

Reviewed 28 March 2022

We stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2020 and it was a dream. We enjoyed the quaint feeling that they've set with the greenery, small buildings and overall vibe. The staff was very friendly, the food was good but mostly the pool was cold & enjoyable with drinks to unwind with. It is locally owned, which was one of the pros when it came to booking this resort.

Date of stay: April 2021
DMJ SGBR-JA, Marketing at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2022

Dear Alicia A,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback on your stay with us. We here at the resort are thrilled to know that you had such a marvelous time. We look forward to welcoming you back to SeaGarden Beach Resort in the near future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 25 March 2022 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Thanks everyone. The first day we asked for the hotel map :) LOL they told us "You don't need any map just ask anybody for any thing you want! " "Just ask" worked very well. We had a great time staying there. Room were perfectly clean. Food was better than I expected. Some nice Jamaican food. Entertainment at the beach at the drink service was 5 stars. Everyone was sooo friendly. Some things like a hot tub are still out of service because of Covid but we don't use it anyways so not disappointed. There was some renovations just in front of our balcony but it was no noise at all. Planes landing is actually cool to watch and you don't hear it because of the music playing at the beach. I will probably come back.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
DMJ SGBR-JA, Marketing at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2022

Dear Elena,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide constructive feedback on your stay with us. Thank you for your marvelous feedback; it means a lot to us here at SeaGarden Beach Resort. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 23 March 2022

I found our stay in this resort frustrating because it has all the bones and features to be an amazing 5* resort but is let down by many small efforts that could so easily be changed.
One example is when you check in, they tell you nothing of the amenities and features of the resort, there is no welcome book or information in the room so you could easily spend days here without hearing about the resorts 2 extra restaurants, spa facilities and water activities available. Some guests we got talking to were shocked to hear about these facilities on their last night unfortunately. Could be simply resolved by an in room welcome pack with information on.
We dined at the resort restaurant called the Chatham which you pay $38 for pre ordered 5 courses which all sounded very impressive (lobster, filet Mingon, scallops etc) however we were extremely let down at the effort and quality out into this, some dishes were inedible and I asked for a refund which I was very grateful to get however the staff seemed in utter shock that we did not enjoy this meal. Again, simple things like actually providing the dishes requested (they gave me triangle chunks of cheddar on my caprese salad and tried to tell me it was mozzarella)
And serving fresh seafood instead of frozen.

They also don’t have any drinks list at the bar so when I first when and asked what they have I just got stared at. I asked for a cosmo, Prosecco and cider and they had none of them but then no list with other alternatives. I found myself pointing at strangers cocktails and asking what they were. Such a simple thing that would make guests far more aware of the availability of beverages and surely speed up the service times too.

The other big issue with staying here is the noise at night time. If you want to sleep at all DO NOT request an Ocean view room. The locals park thier cars on the main road outside and BLAST thier music on the loudest speakers I’ve ever heard from about 9pm. When I called the reception about this, again they seemed shocked that it was disturbing us. I find it very unlikely no one else has ever complained about this and thier security team do go out tell the locals to turn it down or move further down the road but they will not do this pro actively, you have to call down every night and ask. Again, simple things that just really affected our quality of stay that could be so easily monitored.

Now the positives…
The rooms were very clean everyday,
the beach resort across the road is gorgeous and the accessibility to the water sports and snorkelling gear is great. The bell guys that work on the front door are very helpful.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon S

Dear Shannon S,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide constructive feedback on your stay with us. SeaGarden Beach Resort is committed to improving our offering. Your feedback has helped us move forward and assess avenues to improve the quality of service we provide.