Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Orbitz.comUS$203
TravelocityUS$203
getaroom.comUS$212
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020

I stayed there 08/2019 and in 2weeks i will be back i felt safe and its around everything i love love love it see you in 2 weeks.. The beach is across the street the casiono is about a mile away the bar is not far

Room tip: I want room 7
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 6 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed there for one night because I needed to be close to the airport. This was the absolute dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. Mind you I’ve spent a lot of time on a budget in Eastern Europe and China and have seen sketchy hotels. The common areas are cute in a shabby chic way but the room/bathroom were ICK! All of the linens towels/sheets were gray (not original color) and smelled musty like they had been washed with kitchen towels. My thoughts were if the sheets smell this bad I don’t even want to think about the bedspread! The bedside lamp had what appeared to be dust but on closer inspection it was a layer of greasy dust so this thing had not been wiped in a looong time. I can handle peeling paint, and the occasional missing tile if things are clean but this place was faaaar from clean. The vanity in the bathroom was originally white but it had such a nasty layer of scuz that it appeared streaky gray. Don’t stay here! Go to Toby’s where even if it’s not super up to date at least it’s very clean. Only reason I didn’t was because they were booked. Never again!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2019

The hotel is attractive in a shabby chic way but misses out on supplying todays travellers with what they expect, internet in the rooms. As a female solo traveller I rely on this access to plan my next day. Internet access is not much better in the lobby either.

The location however is the best, directly across from Dr. Cave beach which is beautiful.

Room tip: Keep to the main floor so you have access to internet , also no elevator
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 21 November 2019

We stayed 1 night and that was more than enough. Our family was exhausted from lack of rest. The motel is located on a busy street where you hear every car/bus and lots of honks. The rooms surround the pool area which has a dance club style party every night beteen 7pm-11pm. The music was so loud, it was impossible to sleep and even watching TV was a challenge. Then there was the AC unit. While the room was cool, the unit was very loud.

We almost immediately regretted our choice to book here as we learned about the extra fees for things. 1st there is no airport shuttle and a cab was about $15 for a 5 minute ride. At check in we learned it would be an $80 deposit plus $3 daily charge to use the in room safe. This made us nervous as the street had many bars on windows and fences. We really were unsure if we would be safe and considered leaving. The free WIFI is only in the public areas not in room. Local calls are also an extra charge and require an upfront deposit. We learned the motel is not affiliated with Doctors Cave Beach Club, so if we wanted access it would be $7 per person to gain entry.

Then there are the issues with decor/amenities. Hard mattresses, dated furniture and no elevator. No water, coffee or toiletries were provided in the room. The tub had no plug and the water in the shower kept going hot to cold.

I would say the staff was nice and welcoming, but spend your money somewhere else!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2019

The worst experience of a lifetime at the Doctors Cave Hotel here in Mobay, Jamaica. They have no good wifi services, lacking proper equipment in the room such as iron board and clothes iron, only to be told you have to pay extra for these services including a safety deposit box for your security and conveniences. With the amount you pay this hotel the beach in not included as you have to another $650 Ja dollars for the beach. This is a total waste of time you are better off going to Cuba and be entertained with respect and love. Doctors Cave is a total waste of time not to mention there staff is not hospitable.

Date of stay: September 2019