Lowest prices for your stay
US$164
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$146
Agoda.com
US$115
Hotels.comUS$146
TravelocityUS$146
Trip.comUS$121
All reviews jamaican breakfast busy road lay your head breakfast was delicious short stay dumplings ocean view continental soundproofed shout
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2021

The front desk staff were friendly and professional and happy to help. If you just need a place to lay your head, shower and go, then this place works. The room was OK and the bathroom was clean and fairly updated. The biggest complaint i had was my window was small and was located at the side of the building under the stairs so it did not allow for a good view or sunlight.

The hotel is located on a busy road and the acoustics of the hotel does not shield you from the noise outside. The proximity to restaurants, beach, stores and bars was a great.
Breakfast options were good with both a local breakfast and continental being offered.

Overall , the hotel was clean, worked for me and was comfortable enough for my trip.

Room tip: Rooms at the front would give better views of the beach, but closer to the street noise.
Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 7 April 2020

Do not go to this place,it is highly unpleasant. They have roaches,the floors are dirty the air conditioning system needs to be cleaned (everytime I turned it on I ended up with a sore throat,the room is very small and they overcharge you for breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Donahue Jarrett, Marketing at Altamont West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Good day - Im not sure which property this guest stayed at as, we DO NOT have roaches, Our air conditioners are regularly maintained, and as our rooms are cleaned daily, our floors tend to not be dirty. Breakfast is normally included in the room rate, unless a guest requests accommodation without breakfast. Some of our rooms are small, and priced accordingly, I will concede, but there are also rooms which are quite spacious. If this guest is indeed certain that he/she stayed at Altamont West and had a negative experience, I would love to invite them back with an upgrade to a Suite.

Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

A friend and I arrived in Montego Bay and had a bad experience... the room that we had booked for 5 nights wasn’t available. We had to look for another place and we got to Altamont. The ladies have been truly friendly and helped us in every possible way from giving us a room to helping us with the tours organisation. Everyone has been really gentle and friendly. Thanks once again!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2019

Definitely have to revisit. ALTAMONT WEST is one of the most hospitable locations with comfortable amenities. I have to plan for a longer stay on my next visit. Big up to the staff and managers. Thanks to Miss Sheena Green for looking after us.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2019

We arrived in Jamaica on a later flight. I didn't want to pay for a full day at a resort when I was just basically going to go to bed so I chose this hotel and it was perfect. It's pretty close to the airport, I felt safe, and the room was very clean and nice. We had not had dinner and were surprised to find the little restaurant still open. We ordered a few things to share without high expectations and they were actually really good. I have good status at several hotel chains, and this isn't like a Ritz or anything, but it was perfect for one night. If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't even consider another hotel. This little hotel is actually pretty awesome. I had two children and they liked it too. Room 201 has an ocean view and two double beds.

Room tip: Room 201 has an ocean view and two double beds.
Date of stay: July 2019