We have just returned from 2 weeks in the Sandals Carlyle and I have to say it was the best land based holiday I have ever had.
This resort is sold as the entry level Sandals and what it loses by not having the private beach and full on amenities that the other resorts have it makes up for in personality and intimacy, let me explain.
When you go to this resort you get greeted very personally and within a day everyone knows your name, your drink etc and then you spend a few days out at the other resorts on the beach at Montego Bay Sandals and admiring the private island and the Royal Caribbean resort, all of which have their own personality, (Montego Bay is more party and happening whilst Royal Caribbean is more refined and elegant) but I and many others always found ourselves back at the Carlyle by the pool or on the public beach here, we even met people who stayed at the Royal Caribbean and are now going to book again but at the Carlyle.
There are some things people have raised as issues which need addressing, firstly the beach is a public beach yes, but the staff will gladly set you up on the beach no problem, the locals love it when people mingle, they are no hassle (you get the odd one trying sell you stuff you don't want but just say no, they leave you alone) some of the best times were had partying with the locals.
Yes sometimes a plane goes by but virtually all of the main resorts in Montego Bay are by the airport, the Sandals in Montego Bay is right at the end of the runway and it is 10 times worse but is still not a problem, you will also get planes at the Royal Caribbean and also at the RIU Montego Bay just to name a few.
The food at all the resorts including Carlyle is exceptional, the service was fantastic, whatever you wanted it was never too much trouble and I would gladly go again.
Finally take an excursion and see some sights, if you want to do Dolphins go the one at Lucea, its half the price of the Dunns River Dolphin experience and just the same and we also did a day trip to Negril, for $75 we were taken out all day, played at Sandals Negril included, taken through various places to shop and then into The Cave next to Ricks Cafe to see the best sunset I have ever experienced, well, worth the money, make sure Dalton is your guide, he is famous for the tour
All in all, we have had a great holiday, would definitely do it again and probably will do
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay