“Home Away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom #3
Dinner on the roof
Dinner on the beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

thesuncha...
Maryland
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 19 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

This place is very nice and the staff is amazing. If you are expecting a typical tourist vacation with a resort feel, this is not the place for you. If you are open to having an actual experience and blending with the locals, stop right here. The home is located in a local fishing community with easy access to the beach and a small private beach. The house was automated and the owner provides you with a cellphone for local calls and contacting staff. The people were hard working and very warm welcoming.

Our Chef was the world famous fish bone and he went over and above in everything he did. He was even kind enough to offer his suggestions on places to have drinks and dinner around town.

The only issue I had and the reason for the lowered rating to four stars was that the driver the owner used Mr. Headley was a crook. My suggestion for local transportation is have someone help you find a local company. His prices were ridiculous and his attitude when you turned him down was even worse. I sent this to the owner (see below) and he immediately refunded the money that Mr. Headly should have never collected
1) he charged one of us $20 to stop at the grocery store on the way back from the airport versus $30 for all six of us to go to the same place

2) he charged us $16/pp to go to the craft market on Sunday and immediately stopped at his nephews store (which happened to offer the highest prices so we opted to keep walking) according to him everything else in the area was closed (NOT TRUE) that area was closed. The area around the restaurants and Margaritaville were all opened for business.

I do understand that everyone needs to make a living. I also understand that negotiations are part of the experience and are expected. However, if you start of trying to take advantage of the situation that you sour the deal and turn people away from your business.

ssap01
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A week in Paradise”
Reviewed 17 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Villa Maria and the staff that work to make this villa stay exceptional. The villa is spotless and the staff does a great job making sure all of your needs are met. There is a Chef, Driver, House Manager and Housekeepers that assist you. Stephanie(Housekeeper), Fishbone (Chef) and Headley (Driver) were very helpful and went above beyond for our group. The villa was always spotless, food was prepared just at the right time and the driver was always prompt. The House Manager made sure any issues that occurred were handled promptly.

On the first day of our arrival we were greeted with Rum Punch, fresh fruit, finger sandwiches and cheese and crackers. We also had a wonderful seafood dinner on the beach that night. Fishbone prepared seafood rice, seafood soup, fish, shrimp, seafood salad, and vegetables. The food was prepared with love and tasted great. Our group opted to do our own grocery shopping and Fishbone created the best tasting meals all week.

We would definitely visit this villa again in the future. Its the perfect place to get away to.

Explore69...
“Best Location in Jamaica”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

My friends and I stayed here for our annuals girls trip and to say our stay was AMAZING would be an understatement. The staff at Villa Maria is the BEST. When we arrived, we were greeted with fruit, rum punch and mini sandwiches which set the tone for the entire stay. The property is absolutely beautiful. Everything is very clean and modern.The staff really treats you like family. Wayne and Rowan/Reeba were very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed and wanted. You must use the Chef for at least one meal. We had dinner on the beach area. The set up was breath taking and the food was delicious and there was plenty. They even give you a phone so that you can keep in contact without incurring international charges. I would highly recommend doing the snorkeling boat tour with Reeba/Rowan. The location is perfect because it is close to the airport and you are in the village so you can really experience true Jamaican culture. We walked through the village to a beach that is about 5 mins away. This was one of the best vacations for me and my friends and that says a lot because we are frequent travelers. I am looking forward to staying here again. Also, the area is close to shopping, nightlife and other tours and excursions. We took a day trip to Negril. If you have 6 people or less Reeba or Wayne are able to transport you to where you need to go. Since it was 9 of us, we needed a bigger van which was no problem. They found us a driver and his price was very reasonable. We pretty much paid $10 round trip to get everywhere we needed to go except for Negril it was obviously a little more because the ride is about 1.5 hours.

Sbrinson0...
“Did not want to leave !!!!”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

I came to Jamaica to celebrate my 30th birthday with a group of friends(6 of us). My stay here at Villa Maria was more than what I could have imagined. The staff was amazing and I hope we all keep in touch. They will spoil you here so be careful. After the second day it felt as if we were family and we only came down to visit. If you need anything all you have to do is ask Reeba. He is always there to greet you with a warm smile and ready to take you anywhere you want to go(time did not matter). If you choose to pick a different driver do remember you are a tourist so you will be treated as one when it comes to prices!!!! Just stay with Reeba. I do recommend for you to go out and try the local foods but if want to have great food cooked for you PLEASE HIRE CHEF AND HIS APPRENTICE FRAZER!!!!They can cook you anything and I promise you will not be disappointed. The beach is in the backyard but the coral makes it a little difficult to get in but don't worry you can walk to the beach. The beach is down the road and is breath taking. You can go jet skiing, lay in a hammock,catch a tan or get something eat or drink while listening to music. The food there is also cooked by Chef and Frazer. The house keeper Charmaine is also wonderful but we did not talk too her as much only because there is so much to do in Jamaica. She will also make your stay a wonderful one. We had such a great time that we are planning on coming back. The only thing I have to warn you about is the night life. If you want to party come to Jamaica on a Thursday threw the weekend. If you want to just relax and sight see anytime is perfect. I miss them all already .

Management Response
7 Nov 2016
It was a pleasure serving you and your group. We look forward to seeing you again.
jdhrdy
Fargo, North Dakota
“WOW! Everything truly is "IRIE"”
Reviewed 23 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I could write a 12 page paper and that still wouldn't be enough... So this is what I will do, to experience the things that I was actually looking to experience no sugar coat no mix, is possibly one of the best things in the world to do. I was home, i was a local, or should I say I was a villager. And the people in this place made it so. So to village Maria and the home felt whitehouse village I thank you and so look forward to my next trip... Thanks Wayne and crew... Soon forward .lickelmore!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Can't decide
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Oct 2016
Hey John it was our pleasure to give you guys a true Jamaican experience.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing