1,036 results
All reviews sky bar yoga mat boutique hotel glass of champagne welcome drink johnny cakes business trip front desk manager other hotels devon house complimentary breakfast infinity pool the entire staff kingston area visiting kingston business or pleasure rum punch
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are modern and comfortable and the restaurant's menu is outstanding. The cafe is of a high standard too. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful at all times. The gym and bar could both be enlarged and spruced up but they're adequate. I was particularly impressed, however, with how management dealt with a problem with the first room I was assigned. An alternative room was found immediately and I was generously compensated for the inconvenience without a moment's hesitation. In the interim, the problem is being fixed. Thanks to Joseph and his team for an excellent stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came to Jamaica to spend our 29 wedding anniversary, we made a trip into Kingston for a one day visit, we booked a room at the Spanish court hotel , not expecting to really enjoy the stay. You really don't hear many wonderful things about hotels in Kingston, but we were absolutely pleasantly surprise by the great service and nice demeanor
of the staff. From the receptionist Jhenille who checked us in , to the waitress Taneisha who waited on us the next morning at breakfast. The room was clean, the food was delicious especially the local food. Last but not lease Joseph the Manager was Absolutely pleasant to talk to, he made us feel like we were friends just visiting to come back again and again lol.
From Mr and Mrs Richard Robinson. Thank you all. Will return soon.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in Kingston over the years. This hotel beats each of them. It's a stylish fairly new property. We stayed in a room with a king size bed, it was in perfect shape and super clean when we checked in. We slept well. WiFi was included and worked without hassles. The check-in was efficient. Each staff member you encounter in this property is super friendly, and definitely well-trained to do their job (something that just isn't always the case). Can't praise them enough. Great hospitality! They have two pools, a smallish pool at the front of the hotel (called somewhat bombastically 'Skypool', I think), and an actually brilliant large pool at the back. The latter is highly recommended. The breakfast selection is somewhat basic for what you pay, but lack of competition has hotel prices artificially inflated in this town, so that explains that probably.

You might want to avoid staying on the ground floor as the rooms border right on the parking lot, so unless you close your dark curtains, you literally have cars a few centimetres away from your window. It feels like staying in a parking lot.To be fair, the windows perfectly isolate sound, so you don't hear folks revving up their cars. Of course, the only view you have from that floor is the parking lot view, so unless you care passionately about cars... avoid.

Despite this drawback: Highly recommended at the time of writing.

Room tip: grab the higher floors so you avoid staring at the car parking lot and having a car parked right inf ront of your window.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The staff - every single one I encountered - consistently displayed the prime example of how customer service should be....almost to a fault. Going over and beyond my expectations. Their attentive was genuine not just out of duty.

Hotel was always clean. Decor is modern and eye catching. Everything is well maintained.

Food was also amazing. You will enjoy the other amenities, like the pool and sky bar.

I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to stay in Kingston. You will be content.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The Spanish Court Hotel is in the heart of the business district in New Kingston. Once you step through the door you know...the experience is going to be wonderful. From the staff that great you with their award winning smiles to the over and above customer service, the food that is just out of this world and the Pina Colada's that are just insanely delicious! I'm just getting started. The Junior King suits are well appointed and comfortable. There is so much more...you have to go and check it out. Big THANK YOU to Joseph and the staff in making this a memorable stay! See you soon!

• Trip type: Travelled on business