We arrived at this horrible place after a great virgin flight. The approach is an unmade steep track full of potholes. Impossible for anyone with the slightest mobility problem to negotiate making it essential to either hire a car, or use the very expensive taxi service in Grenada.
The stairs to the upstairs rooms are exposed to the elements, lovely when dry but hopelessly slippery when wet.
The room itself was very large with an excellent view from the terrace, but having been advertised as a studio with a kitchenette, we were appalled to discover that the cooking facilities consisted of a coffee machine, non-functioning microwave, kettle and a toaster. Every single holiday apartment we have rented has at least a 2 ring hob. Just the bare minimum of crockery was provided for two people and the advertised breakfast consisted of just milk, tea and coffee.
The pillows were very lumpy and the bedlinen was of very poor quality. Likewise the towels. Only lukewarm water was available in the large bathroom which was very poorly equipped. An awful bathroom cabinet with no room for toiletries and no other shelving. Not even an socket for an electric razor or toothbrush. The air conditioning unit was so noisy that we could not sleep with it on.
We stayed just one night and moved into the Radisson Resort for a small additional outlay.
We lost our deposit at Jenny's Place and remain out of pocket by over $1000.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Apartments and suites, just steps from Grand Anse beach. The best beach on the island. Jenny's Place was described as one of the top ten places to stay in the Eastern Caribbean (Guardian Travel, February, 2012). Other facilities include: restaurant and bar, daily maintenance and breakfast. All other meals can be purchased from onsite restaurant.Jenny's Place is perfect for couples of all ages, with or without children. Give us a call to discuss any special requests you may have. Owner and operated by Jennifer Hosten. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jenny's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jenny`s Place Hotel St. George`s
- Jenny's Place Grenada/Saint George Parish