The first thing to strike you when you arrive at Jenny's is the setting - an impressive building overlooking a beautiful, secluded, garden, at the end of which is a comfortable and attractive outside lounge and the restaurant and bar. The rooms are large and - for the Caribbean - well appointed and spotless. The bed linen is premium stuff and starched - always an important test. Good quality beach towels are provided. The aircon is modern and effective. Rooms either open on to a shaded verandah or long balcony.
The staff are wonderful - relaxed but always trying to make you feel special. The first time we stayed there, we arrived exhausted from a fourteen hour journey at 7 pm and our meal and a cold drink were immediately sorted; I asked for something that was not on the menu and that arrived beautifully cooked. Later, when we needed to leave before breakfast to catch a ferry, an amazing tray of food was prepared for our fridge.
At the end of the restaurant, there are gates that open onto Grande Anse beach - a beautiful 3km curve of white sand with calm, clear, Caribbean water. A short walk along the beach takes you to a small centre where you can buy drinks and snacks, as well as locally produced jewelry, T shirts etc. Across the road is a supermarket and a bank with a 24 hour ATM.
You can get around easily and cheaply by using the local buses - small 12 seater Toyotas - that charge a fixed $3 EC to get into the capital. Don't miss the tours of the Fort, with its secret tunnels and jails where slaves were held.
To summarise - a happy and relaxed place to stay, in a great location. Good value and recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Apartments and suites, just steps from Grand Anse beach. The best beach on the island. Jenny's Place was described as one of the top ten places to stay in the Eastern Caribbean (Guardian Travel, February, 2012). Other facilities include: restaurant and bar, daily maintenance and breakfast. All other meals can be purchased from onsite restaurant.Jenny's Place is perfect for couples of all ages, with or without children. Give us a call to discuss any special requests you may have. Owner and operated by Jennifer Hosten. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jenny's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jenny`s Place Hotel St. George`s
- Jenny's Place Grenada/Saint George Parish