We stayed here for the first 2 weeks in March in the Hibiscus room which is upstairs on the corner of the building.
The room is huge with a very high vaulted wooden ceiling. Their is adequate furniture & the room is kept spotlessly clean. The bedding & towels are changed regularly. The a/c & fan provide adequate cooling. We made full use of the fridge which although very old works very well. We didn't do any cooking but provided our own breakfasts as breakfast in the restaurant is quite basic. We didn't consider this to be a problem.
Our only slight complaints were the dripping tap in the kitchen sink & the broken light bulbs. The staff were aware of these faults but they never got fixed. It didn't spoil our stay.
The location is truly fantastic as previously reported. All of the staff are really friendly & Nikki runs a great bar. Leenet & Rikel cook the lunches & dinner & we tried several restaurants in Grenada & reckon the Oasis to be as good as any. In fact we ate seafood for every meal. The catch of the day was always well cooked & served with a good salad & choice of vegetables. The lobsters were excellent.We had long Sunday lunches here for both weekends, a great way to kill a few hours eating, drinking & mixing with the locals.
We hired a jeep while we were here, Rikel provided us with a contact. On his day off he willingly volunteered to show us around this beautiful island. What a great day we had & he turned out to be an excellent guide. On the way we met several members of his family as well as enjoying all of the obvious sites. Waterfalls, distilleries etc. We treated him to lunch at the Bel Mont estate, the only payment he would accept.
Altogether, an excellent vacation. Would we return to Grenada?...........YES
Would we stay at Jenny's?......................................................................YES!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Apartments and suites, just steps from Grand Anse beach. The best beach on the island. Jenny's Place was described as one of the top ten places to stay in the Eastern Caribbean (Guardian Travel, February, 2012). Other facilities include: restaurant and bar, daily maintenance and breakfast. All other meals can be purchased from onsite restaurant.Jenny's Place is perfect for couples of all ages, with or without children. Give us a call to discuss any special requests you may have. Owner and operated by Jennifer Hosten. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jenny's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jenny`s Place Hotel St. George`s
- Jenny's Place Grenada/Saint George Parish