“Absolutely epic trip of a lifetime! Sandra and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Yacht Ngoma

Interior Dining Area
Back Bedroom
Front Bedroom
Outdoor lounge area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Erin K
Danville, Indiana
“Absolutely epic trip of a lifetime! Sandra and Robin are the best!”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We spent 5 lovely nights aboard Yacht Ngoma for our anniversary. We had planned the trip for at least a year and a half and poor Sandra had to put up with my incessant emails trying to nail down all our details. I am such a planner that I'm sure I drove everyone around me nuts planning the details of our trip! We were picked up at Union Island and then visited the Tobago Cays, Mayreau, and Bequia before we boarded a plane for St. Lucia. Robin was an excellent captain and safety his first priority. Sandra was an AMAZING cook and hostess. They are lovely people with fascinating life stories. They are an inspirational team, working together flawlessly after 53 years of marriage! We spent many hours talking and getting to know them. We loved going to their favorite snorkel spots and seeing all kinds of amazing fish and sea life. Our cabin was cozy and comfy and we wanted for nothing. We joked about Robin's weather forecasting skills...the sun will always come out in 30 minutes :) We feel blessed to have been able to share Yacht Ngoma with our lovely hosts. Thanks for having us aboard, and safe travels!!

Josh and Erin Kimble

27 May 2017
Dear Erin and Josh,

I have just recovered my e-mail file after loosing it almost immediately after you left. I am so happy to have contact again. First of all thank you both for being such great guests and for thinking of us after you left too. Robin and I really appreciated your kindness. Thank you for the review too. Wishing you both everything of the best both now and in the future. Robin and Sandra, Yacht Ngoma.
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

2 Feb 2017
Thank you girls. Robin and I enjoyed your company and are happy that you were able to relax for a time in your very hectic lives.
jmcdowall
Arkansas
“Something Special”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We were excited to have the opportunity to stay on the catamaran Ngoma and weren't disappointed. Ngoma was a handsome vessel maintained in tip top shape by owners Robin and Sandra Smallwood, who took care of everything as we sailed, swam, snorkeled, read (my husband brags that he read 3 books) and caught up on our sleep. We boarded in Bequia, stayed a day waiting for diesel to be available (island time...) and moved to Mayreau, then Tobago Quays, then Union Island. The scenery and water were sublime. Snorkeling so wonderful. Lobster dinner prepared and served by locals on the beach in the Quays was a treat. Other meals were prepared by Sandra on board. She is an accomplished cook and we were treated to a varied menu and well prepared food. I was so impressed with what she was able to do given the limited space available. We were aboard 8 days and could have stayed another week. Accommodations were comfortable.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sailing and snorkeling in the Grenadines
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Jul 2016
Thank you Judy for your review. Robin and I appreciate it. We enjoyed your company on board and still miss you both. Our first Arkansas guests and what a great couple.

Take care and go well

Robin and Sandra
Reinhardu...
Augsburg, Germany
“We felt comfortable, like we were together with the family on go.”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

t was our second trip on the Yacht Ngoma.
It was again a stay in this beautiful corner of the world with real friends.
It was again a wonderful stay. We felt comfortable, like we were together with the family on go.
Sandra and Robin, we thank you for this beautyful days.
We could imagine no better hosts.
Keep you healthy and happy. We will keep in touch.
Someday we will sail with your own boat. Sandra and Robin, you will be always in our mind.
All the best
Marion and Reinhard

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Dear Marion and Reinhard,

It was wonderful to have you on board again and such fun!

I was happy the weather was good for snorkelling and loved watching you both in the water. So relaxed and competent.

I hope that your sailing training in Germany is going well and look forward to hearing how you are getting along with it.

Best wishes,
Sandra and Robin
karen m
Windsor, Canada
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My husband and I spent 9 glorious days on the yacht Ngoma with Sandra and Robin. We are well travelled and have been to the Caribbean on numerous occasions. This trip was by far the best vacation we have ever experienced. Our only regret was that we only booked for 9 days.
The yacht is exactly as shown and was perfect for a couple. Loads of space and the private head was a very nice touch.
Sandra's food was outstanding. Each meal was better than the one before. The food was obtained at the local markets and so was fresh and unique. Sandra went out of her way to introduce us to fruit and vegetables we had never before tasted. This was a true "eating experience".
We went to numerous islands including Tobago Cays, Mayreau, Sandy and Union Island and Bequi. Each had its own charm and it would be difficult to say which was the best.
The snorkeling was much better than we anticipated and was the highlight of out trip. It was like being in your own Nemo.
I would highly recommend the Yacht Ngoma for your next vacation. You will not be disappointed. We always felt safe and secure with Robin's sailing expertise and his caution and respect for the ocean.
Sandra and Robin are perfect hosts and have a way of making you feel so very comfortable and at home on their yacht. They are an amazing couple who go out of their way to share their Caribbean home and experiences.
It was for us the trip of a lifetime. We are already looking forward to our next years adventure on the Ngoma.

Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: The entire experience was outstanding.
Liked least: There was nothing not to like
Dear Karen and Tim,

I have already thanked you for your review - but this is the "official" thank you. I am not very good with my computer skills and am only finding out things that, really, I should have been aware of before.

Thank you for coming to stay, we loved having you on board and hope that your next trip will not be too far off.

Take care and go well,

Sandra and Robin
Yacht Ngoma
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing