“Don't Leave Grenada Without Experiencing Local Grenadian Food.”
Review of Boots Cuisine

Boots Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Every year my family and I visit Grenada and we just have to visit Boots Cuisine few times on our trip. The food is excellent showcasing Grenadian food at its best. The owners are fantastic service is excellent. Best Lambie and Lobster Lunches.Local Grenadian food with a twist.

1  Thank cornwalllord

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Look, do yourself a big favor and go to Boots. Ms. Ruby will pick you up and deliver you back home. This is a very good thing as her rum punches are the best on island. After a couple of them, you shouldn't drive. After eating a wonderful meal prepared as you like it by Mr. Boots, you are unable to move very well. Again, a good reason to avail on Ms. Ruby's wizardry behind the wheel. Yes, this is a pricey meal, but the value is really there. Treat yourself and eat some of the best Grenadian food on the island.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Family of four had a wonderful dinner last night. Ruby picked us up ,on time, from radisson. We were the only guests at the restaurant. All interesting courses were good and spacing time between courses were perfect. Most importantly, service was fantastic. Price very reasonable. Memorable dinner in a friendly setting.

1  Thank Abcdgo
Reviewed 19 March 2016

First, let me say that I feel terrible that we have visited Boots so many times and this is my first review. My husband and I are in Grenada 2-3 times a year and Boots is on the top of our list for "must have" food while on island.
It's like visiting family. They are inviting you to dine on the verandah of their home for a traditional Grenadian meal. Boots is the chef and Ruby is the waitstaff/ bartender/ hostess (and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet). The menu is limited but with advance notice, they will honor requests if available.
Every meal we have had was fantastic, true home-cooked, traditional Grenadian food. The menu is pre-fixe, so several fixed courses and then usually 4 options of entrees which then are served with traditional Grenadian sides or provisions (and of course, dessert!). We have enjoyed such a variety of foods that I'm not sure where to start- Lambi, lobster (and I'm not a Caribbean lobster fan but Boots was fantastic!), tuna, pork, chicken, and callaloo (that is to die for!)
Alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available additionally. We were there one evening that I was feeling a bit under the weather and Ruby made me a fantastic ginger drink that really hit the spot. Other than that occasion we usually head right for the rum punch.
Call ahead for reservations with enough time for meal preparation and if you need transportation from your hotel, they will be glad to for a very reasonable fare (less than standard cab fares).
Also please be advised that Boots is cash only so go prepared. But definitely go! If you're of an open mind for new cuisine and appreciate the time and love that goes into a home cooked meal, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank lanziean
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Before writing this review, I stopped and tried to put my finger on what it is about this restaurant that particularly appeals to me.

I like the fantastic value, the unpretentious set-up, the imaginative cooking, and the friendly welcome.

This is very much a small family business, and this is very apparent throughout. Each night, the menu changes, and you need to phone in advance, so that Boots can decide what he's going to cook that evening.

We strongly suggest that you take advantage of their reasonably-priced door to door service, particularly if you plan to try the rum punch, which has on both occasions struck me as the best I've had on the island.

This is an imaginative, hugely enjoyable experience, run by a charming, friendly family, to whom I wish every success.