“In need of a re-haul.”

Ranked #58 of 76 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Twenty years ago the Tropicana was the place to visit. As far as I know it was the first place in Grenada to offer take-away food. It has a prominent position in St George's, on the route of carnival, so lots of people stay there or stand behind its walls to witness the spectacle of Jouvert Morning and Pretty Mas. Long ago it was the place we would go for a quick drink but the tired decor is no longer welcoming and there are much trendier bars on the island now. As for food, the large images of food on their menu stuck on the walls was more off putting than it was appealing. I had breakfast there the other day and made the mistake of not ordering the traditional breakfast of bakes and saltfish etc because it looked delicious. The people who did order it said it tasted delicious too. I tried to order an omelette with bacon and sausage, what I recieved was a poor excuse. I ate it anyway, I would not rush back but if I were to I would stick with Grenada's traditional dish.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on carnival day. Arrived early enough to eat. Food was mediocre compared to other meals we had had over the previous 2 weeks and was served by a very surly member of staff. Drinks were extremely expensive. Charged $3EC to use the toilet and unbeknown to us a member of the bar staff blocked our car in the car park. Prior to finding this out we asked the owner at the end of the evening if he knew whose car was blocking us in and he replied that he did so we assumed that he would ask them to move it. Half an hour later after waiting in the pouring rain for the owner to let us out our nephew asked the barmaid if she knew whose car it was. She said it was hers and that no one had told her that she was blocking us in. Will never give my hard worked for cash to such an arrogant man again. We subsequently found plenty of friendly bars with much better prices to choose from next time.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I was so surprised by the amount of Calaloo soup...a serving was enough to share with 2 others and the serving size was very generous

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Stopped here on an afternoon right before Carnival to enjoy a quick fish and chips and a few beers. Great balcony seating with a view on the main road. Great music and decent service. Everything was affordably priced and this proved to be a great spot to relax for a few hours.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

went during the carnival season it was sad to see the food was not as good as I remembered . I was disappointed .