“Fine dining with local flavors”

Ranked #20 of 73 Restaurants in St. George's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the resort and dined here four nights; we enjoyed most of those nights. The meal was well-prepared with a mix of traditional and local foods and flavors. Everything was high quality and so fresh! And we enjoyed trying local dishes, foods and flavors. The menu changes daily with a buffet on a Fridays - meat, poultry, fresh catch, soups, salads, and sweets. We loved our first night; everything from the amuse to the dessert we'd recommend and get again. Other nights were just okay. While there are number of options to choose from for each course, including lighter and vegetarian options, there were some nights when nothing was appealing and we dined off resort - you may want to check the menu before you go. Bummed not to have spiny lobster as an option any nights which is a treat for us when we visit the Caribbean. Attentive, welcoming and exemplary service always there when you needed, refilling wines and ensuring we were enjoying our meals. Some nights had live music. Lovely ambiance near the beach so you can hear waves crashing. Fans above to keep air flowing. Guests were expected to dress for dinner, "resort elegant" vs. more casual. We appreciated that families with children under 5 dined in adjoining dining space so their energy and explorations didn't disturb the fine dining experience. Definitely worth a visit for a special meal!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Thank you for the lovely welcome at the entrance to the hotel.
Nice setting but lacking in atmosphere in the restaurant itself.
A meal that has been booked and looked forwarded to in a place like this should be as slow as possible and although the food was ok the service we felt was rushed.
You certainly don't want to feel you are constantly been watched to see if you are ready for the next course especially when the courses are quite substantial.
Tuna starter ok, soup nice enough but too much for a tasting menu with a lot of courses.
Lobster ok, strange mix of flavours with truffle mash which was a bit lumpy and we felt far too strong to be along side quite a rich Fish like lobster.
Lobster was a little dry and could have done with a fresher sauce.
This is a pleasant place , but food not really 5 star, I had better flavours in my local bistro back home last night, and please slow down with your service, less is often more in this respect

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We went to this Restaurant on 30th March with my husband for dinner for my birthday.
The restaurant was nice but when we were given the menu we were quite surprised as it offered a rather narrow choice & didn't have any of the items we had read on the reviews.
So we just had to settle with what they were offering.
For my starter I chose a vegetable muse and my husband had green beans & chick pease salad which came with rocket. Unfortunately the small muse that was served as a starter was totally tasteless & very disappointing. My husband's salad was just ok.
For my main meal I ordered fried shrimp & my husband had fish of the day. I was hoping at least my main meal prove to be better than my starter. But I was quite surprised to see that it included only 5 shrimps and little steamed vegetable. In a way what was served as the main meal was just good enough as a starter rather than the main meal !!!!
At least my husband's fish was a bit better than my meal. As far as the service was concerned they were very attentive and various people kept coming and asking whether everything was ok!!!
At the end while we were waiting to get the menu to order a desert they brought a small chocolate birthday cake for me which was nice.
Overall we felt while the service was good, the food was not up to the standard of a top restaurant and the price of US$235 for such tiny portions was excessive.

1  Thank Sima M
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We sat in the "tent" overlooking the wonderful beach at Oliver's in the Spice Island Beach Resort We had a light lunch which was excellent and the service was impeccable. This is an upscale hotel, probably the best on the island. It is somewhere we might stay next time. It has a calm and quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely wonderful. I had the roast beef for my main and it was the best roast dinner I've ever had outside of the UK. I couldn't fault anything. The service, the food and the wine was all fantastic. An experience I will never forget.

1  Thank goldengirlgoldie