“Good food”
Review of Helena's

Helena's
Ranked #61 of 223 Restaurants in Grenada
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Diners be aware that there are only 2 tables outside on the balcony, food is cheap and good. The tables are often reserved for tour groups and inside is a little drab, but clean. Toilets very clean! Staff were OK.

1  Thank dave b

Reviewed 6 May 2018

On a tour with Sunsation and I had told them ahead of time I did not want to eat at the Belmont Estate. When the guide suggested Helena's I was excited because I had researched some possible alternatives and this was one of them. I was expecting to order what I wanted since I am a picky eater but instead we were led to a buffet. The other three people I was with thought everything was delicious however. I was surprised at the price per person of $15 and that it had to be paid in cash that was not ripped or worn in any way. The view was beautiful from the terrace eating area where we sat. As long as you are good with the buffet dishes this is a good place to eat.

1  Thank Eva P
Reviewed 1 April 2018

As noted by a previous reviewer we too were on a tour with Mr. Edwin Frank (Edwin Frank Tours and Taxi Services edwinnatfrank@gmail.com mobile 1 (473) 407-5393 an extremely knowledgeable guide and harmonica player!). We were a small party of four and when we arrived the lunch was ready and waiting for us. It was a small buffet and so gave us the opportunity to taste a few different dishes. Their icecream nutmeg and coconut was one of the best we had tasted. The food was delicious and nicely presented and the view from the balcony terrific.

1  Thank GregoryB
Reviewed 31 January 2018

It's worth stopping here to eat just for the view from the patio while you eat. However the food is well prepared home cooking, filling, and priced reasonable. All in all a good stop if you're in the area. It may not be gourmet, but it is truly local flavor that was very good.

1  Thank RC30319
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Small undistinguished looking restaurant near the sea, but once inside the food tells you all you need to know.

Stopped here for lunch on an island tour arranged by St. James travel (proved to be an excellent company, used by BA, can recommend). Tables were reserved on the balcony overlooking the sea for our party of eight and a delicious buffet had been prepared with fish, chicken, salad and vegetables, lovely golden apple juice too. This was followed with nutmeg ice cream, best we have tasted on the island.

If you are not travelling with a tour but independently, look out for this little place - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank roy430