We spent Christmas there and loved every minute. The first time we walked out to the main pool and looked and the view it was more breathtaking then the pictures. The town of Samana to the left with boats and a cruise ship in the distance, the long bridge you can walk, and the beach below. When you go to the other side it's a whole different world and just as beautiful.
We had a suite in the villas below and our view, for us was like being at our cottage. The quiet pools below are lovely and we liked that you could move around the resort (also no chair problems everywhere we went) and enjoy it for different reasons. The property is well maintained and the food very good.
The beach is nice, but If you are looking for a long white beach to walk this resort is not for you and would suggest the Grand Bahia El Portillo also in Samana. We have also stayed there. The Two resorts can not be compared as they are beautiful for different reasons. We loved this one for its rugged atmosphere and we cant say enough about the wonderful staff and all they did to make our stay awesome. We truly cant decide which one we are going back to with our friends next February.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana