* nice facilities, beautiful rooms, well equipped kitchenette
* beautiful infinity pool, nice tennis courts
* nice breakfast (a-la-crate)
Basically- the service.
also wi-fi and reception issues
regarding the service - we stayed there during low season, and the hotel was literally empty. Even so, and even though we mentioned in the reservation that we are on our honeymoon, they didn't put us in a room with an ocean view, which was a bit disappointing, but still OK. At first we found out that the room we were given doesn't have any wI-fi, nor any cellphone reception. The receptionist said that it's a well known problem and basically they only promise wi-fi in the lobby (!), and that she could ask to put an extension near our room that might help. Never happened.
In the evening I wanted to take a shower, but there was no hot water at all, nothing. We called the reception and were told they would send someone from maintenance right away. He came after 45 minutes just to turn on the water to see there is no hot water. long story short- we waited for 2 hours (!!!!) until taking lukewarm showers, with no apology, no exchanging rooms (mentioning that it is "probably" like this is all of the rooms, nor any promise for a compensation.
The next day, we complained to the reception manager and he changed our room and gave us a complimentary massage. the new room also had wi-fi and reception (so why not giving us that room in the begging??). There were some other minor issues with the service, but overall these were the main issues.
Eventually it was OK, too bad it took so much time, it could have been solved a lot earlier and with less hard feelings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the mountains and the sea, The Bannister Hotel is a wonderful retreat in the Caribbean. This stunning hotel is a member of the elite collection Small Luxury Hotels of the World, focusing on good taste, high quality, tranquility and splendor. It features 30 finely-decorated suites with outstanding views, along with a variety of amenities and impeccable service.Leave your worries behind, let the warm breeze fill you with tranquility, and enjoy a place which will fulfill your needs and indulge your desires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.