Hotel Residence Playa Colibri(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$109
US$106
Hotels.com
Hotel Albachiara(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$107
US$93
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Resort Costa Las Ballenas(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotel Atlantis(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdel marinfinity poolliving roommini marketjuan migueldominican breakfastcayo levantadohotel marinaspent two nightsmountain viewluxurious accommodationhour drive from santo domingonice swimmingitalian restaurantdi parmadominican republiclong weekend
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Samana is beautiful enough in itself, but this hotel is a prime jewel. Excellent conditions, big rooms, decent price, wonderful food (in 3 separate restaurants), great service, and a gorgeous Marina. It's my place to stay during my future business and family trips to Samana.

Room Tip: any room of the upper floor with a Marian view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Administration T, La Administración at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion on TripAdvisor following your recent meeting in The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, your opinion is very much valued.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our facilities and our service, it helps a lot to keep improving and striving day by day to continue offering the best of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Samaná in the near future!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The hotel views aré amazing. The rooms are very nice with a living área and a kichenette.
There is not hot water in the bathroom, just warm water
The staff is also very nice and attentive. The things that didn't work were the wifi, and the evening restaurant.
The pool área is beautiful and has a nice restaurant. And the location is great

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kasilda
Administration T, La administración at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion on TripAdvisor following your recent meeting in The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club.

On the other hand, we would like to apologize due to your comment about the hot water and the wifi. We have taken note of it, and we will ensure that it does not happen again, as it is not the image or service we want to give to our customers. We strive to offer exceptional service and experiences and we are disappointed this was not the case on this occasion with this points.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Samaná!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed three nights on a long weekend. This is a beautiful hotel, on the edge of the water, with a marina right in front. The scenery of the place is pretty on its own, with the green tropical hills on the back and the blue bay on the front.

The hotel has ample, open spaces, high ceilings and clean decor on the lobby area. Rooms are pretty spacious and confortable, all of them with views of the bay. Our boat tours to see the whales and Cayo left from the marina, so there was no need to move elsewhere.

The breakfast and the food from the two other restaurants were just ok, nothing extraordinary, but at least we had choices. One thing that just didn't work was the wifi signal, neither in the rooms nor in the lobby area where the router is located. It only worked about 10% of the time.

Customer service was good. Specially thankful to the manager mr. Wellington who solved a small problem with the laundry very efficiently.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Administration T, La Administración at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased to read that you had a lovely stay, and that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the wifi and the laundry service.

We will look into the issues that you have mentioned in an attempt to correct and improve them.

Thank you for your kind words towards Mr. Wellington, which was pleased to assist you during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review of our property, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Samaná!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Wonderful location outstanding views and great accommodation. This is a lovely tranquil location away from the chaos of Samana. What stops the hotel getting the higher award is the food offering in the Evening. The resort pool bar does a lunch menus all day. The Italian Separately run from the hotel has a good menu but is really only competent to cook take away pizza. Some folks waited over 90 mins for a main course checked the kitchen to see what the delay was and left hungry.

Room Tip: Top floor sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Administration T, La Administración at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the views and the accomodation.

On the other hand, we regreat to read that the restaurant service did not live up to your expectations , please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your comments are very much valued and we take note of all of them to certainly address this internally and investigate the reason why this happened.

We hope you can give us a second chance and come back to visit us in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

First, allow me to state how beautiful this property is. It's quite small but the ocean view room is perfect with a living area, kitchenette, comfortable bedroom, and bathroom. There is also a decent size balcony overseeing the harbor. There is one defect which is the ventilation in the bathroom -- there isn't any so there is an overbearing smell in the bathroom which is obviously not pleasant when showering or blowing out my hair/putting on make up. The food is decently made which is exciting because I am a foodie.

Now... the staff at the front desk and restaurant is VERY VERY VERYYYY unprofessional and not fully trained or just lazy. I've had to call down 4 times to get a room service menu on my second day and nothing was done until I yelled at them... then of course the menu came up within 5 minutes. The restaurant server also told me that I couldn't put the food charge to the room unless I had some imaginary voucher. After expressing my concern with the Front Desk -- since after all they did authorize my credit card for incidentals-- they apologized and said the restaurant was supposed to call the front desk first to confirm if incidentals were taken. I've told the morning lady at the front desk that I was stepping out and would like my room to be serviced and she told me that she guarantee that the housekeeper would eventually come.... totally disregarding the fact that I wanted the room serviced as I was away. I've also had to call the hotel to postpone the spa treatment to 5:30pm and I explained this to the lady in the front desk because the spa attendant was not available and she basically told me I had to call back .... she couldn't go the extra step to take a note for the Spa attendant. I had to use my brain on my vacation to think for this employee because she just couldn't take the time to service me correctly. Housekeeping never came that day, and the spa doesn't offer services after 5pm (5pm is last call). So disappointed. When I asked for a manager they never seemed to be around or at the property... which seems very interesting. The morning staff is excellent though. They are very attentive and they service you with grace.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Administration T, La Administración at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Dear guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us.

I am very concerned that the problems were directly with our staff service, as we try to apply exacting standars and we strive to offer exceptional service and experiences and we are disappointed this was not the case on this occasion.

On the other hand, I will investigate the reason why the staff did not told me to speak with you, since the management of this hotel are close to 12 hours a day overseeing all departments. In fact, surely we crossed us in several occasions but did not have the opportunity to know each other.

We have taken note of your comments and we will certainly address this internally.

We wish you could give us a second chance to show that this hotel is improving day by day, and we take into consideration the opinion of our customers when changing procedures and services.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property.

Best Regards,