We visited the Royal Catalonia Bavaro for the third time from Feb. 7 to the 21st. Previously for 2 weeks in 2009 and 2010. We keep going back because we know that the rooms are comfortable, the service excellent, the staff are friendly and helpful, the drinks are wet and wonderful as well as the food for the most part is very, very good. We do not go to the buffet at all, tried the Italian again and were not thrilled with it. Talhassa, Cata Tapa, Sea Blue and Mikado Japanese were all better than ever. Blackened Cuttlefish Spaghetti, Surf and Turf, Crab Cakes, Grouper, wicked Bacon Cheeseburger, etc., etc. The food is awesome!
The first 2 times we visited we had rooms overlooking the pool side of the resort. I had requested the same by email for this trip but when we arrived there was only a room facing the service and walk path between the Royal side and the regular side. It was fine as in truth the path is quiet, the palm fronds were approaching our balcony and in the end, you're not supposed to spend a lot of time in your room anyway.
We don't spend much time at the beach but it is lovely. Yes, there is seaweed which gets cleaned every day. You are next to the ocean!! The pools are very nice. The pool with the swim up bar can get noisy. The infinity pool is quieter if the main pool gets rowdy and you want more quiet.
What people need to know and realize about this place is that it definitely is a 5 Star. Just that it is a Caribbean 5 Star. It's not Toronto or New York folks, it is the Dominican Republic. Relax and enjoy. Give this resort a try and have a great time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro