Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$259
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$240
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$508
US$261
US$255
US$465
US$444
Bookit.com
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$361
US$295
Melia.com
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$508
Orbitz.com
10,889 results
All reviewsxhale clube teamsilk citysuper magnificostrip grillbaby bluewink barkibbehshake shakeblack angelfreestyle poolronald mcdonaldvip hostfrench restaurantpool partiesfoam partyred bull
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went to this resort to celebrate our 10 years anniversary, and it didn't disappoint us. Since we arrived, we were treated very well. The food was very good, we loved the Japanese restaurant, and the buffet was always great. The breakfast buffet with a DJ playing music is super fun. Billy the man was our VIP host, and was outstanding! One day I asked him if he could help me preparing a surprise for my husband, he did everything I asked and more; we came to a room with cake, strawberries, champagne, and a beautiful decoration, the hot tub was ready for us to enjoy, pretty amazing! The room was beautiful and neat. The beach was also pretty good, and with good friendly service. The entertainment at night was super fun; a beach party with an awesome DJ, a magic show, a karaoke night who was in need of more participants with good voices, but I think that is not the hotel fault. We paid the VIP package, and we like it. Anyway, great experience, we would love to come back.

Room Tip: The ocean front is beautiful, plus is quiet in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cielo_ondrejcak
BreathlessPC, Director General at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Cielo_ondrejcak,

Thank you for celebrating such special occasions with us and for your review. We love to know that you had a great vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our concept, facilities and service. Comments like yours are our best reward, and we are sure Billy will be happy to get your kind feedback. Breathless Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This resort is amazing. The food is amazing, the e-team is amazing, the pool parties and event organized are amazing. the beach is OK. The rooms were great. Try avoiding the first floor as you hear everyone walking and talking. the service is EXCELLENT. Definitely need to go!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra0493

Dear Alexandra0493,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. We love to know that you had a great vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our concept, food offer and entertainment. Breathless Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this place. We stood in September which was great because it wasn’t peak season so it wasn’t overly crowded, yet there’s was a great group that made partying fun. I stood in a swim up room and it was worth every penny. My friends did the xhale which I can say the room was gorgeous but that’s it. The xhale club pool was closed at the time and our friends pretty much stood with us the whole time. So I personally wouldn’t upgrade. To rent a cabana for the day was only $100 which including them bringing you lunch and of course your drinks. I can honestly say we were treated like royalty. The food was mediocre but that’s expected with all inclusive... the grounds were kept beautifully and always clean. The beach was amazing and clean as well. Nothing about this place disappointed me. We were a group of six in three rooms and two rooms had birthdays. They put a banner on our door for our whole stay and there was a birthday cake in our room. They have turn down service which they did automatically and left bottles of water by our bedside which was a nice touch. Especially if you were drinking that night. The staff was super friendly and always eager to help. I give this place 5+ stars and can’t wait to go back. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vanessa T

Dear Vanessa T,

Thank you for visiting us last September and for your review. We love to know that you had a great vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our concept, facilities and service. Following the suggestions from our guests, we are working on important changes in our menus, and we will have yours very on account. Breathless Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one week in a swim up Allure Jr suite. We previously stayed at the Hard Rock and it was difficult not to compare the two while there. I like each resort for different reasons. Here are some of the positives of Breathless:

1. The swim up was nice because the pool was only about 10 steps outside our patio door. There was also a nice jacuzzi tub outside our room. There was bar service at this pool but it was less frequent than the main pool. My only complaint was that they chlorinate the pool around 6:00 each day which I found was early and meant that we couldn’t go in it as the sun was setting. The person doing it wore a mask but I found myself running back into the room as the chemical smell was strong as he threw the chemicals into the pool. I recommend the rooms that back onto the side pools as opposed to the center main pools which are very noisy from 3:00 pm - midnight.

2. Everything is close at this resort. The pools and beach are close to the rooms and the restaurants are all within a 5 minute walk. At the Hard Rock you have to mostly take shuttles to get to the beach, pools and restaurants.

3. The food was actually tasty and better than we expected based on the reviews. The buffet was varied and we did go to the Now Onyx buffet a few times for breakfast and lunch. Having another hotel to visit was a nice option.

4. The drinks were strong and the staff were attentive to filling up drinks.

5. The restaurants we really liked were Coquette, Silk City - menu sushi bar, and the Italian restaurant. The Strip and Mexican were half decent.

6. The hotel is clean and the grounds are well cared for. Washrooms were always very clean.

7. Staff were friendly overall.

Some things that the hotel could improve on:

1. The musty smell of the rooms is a concern and needs to be addressed. When we arrived our room had a very strong chemical smell. We then lost power for 3 hours. They fixed everything and the hotel did try to find an alternate room but it had a similar smell. We were able to fix it with turning the air conditioning on and off and sometimes just using the fan. They have incense in the room to help with the issue. They need dehumidifiers though to address this issue.

2. Only the Japanese cooking table Silk City requires reservations. But despite empty tables we waited one hour for Coquette (with a buzzer) and at least 20 minutes for the Mexican and Italian restaurants. We did make reservations for the other nights and that worked well. The reasoning from the restaurants was that they were understaffed in the kitchen and with waiters so they had to stagger people getting seated . We saw several people upset with having to wait even though there were empty tables.

3. Very few staff spoke English and we found it a bit of a problem when we lost a swim shirt and a swim ball. No one could tell us if there was a lost and found. We never found our things even though we knew that the swim shirt was picked up with one of the brown swim towels that was on our patio. It likely would have been in the laundry but no one could look into this despite our calls to concierge and housekeeping. Language seemed to be a barrier.

4. The stores could be improved. Hard Rock has amazing stores that sell some interesting products.

5. The amount of people approaching us asking us for the Unlimited and to have lunch with them, people asking us to do tours around the pool, the people on the beach with parrots, iguanas and monkeys was all overwhelming and became invasive. Every day we had to repeatedly say no thank you. It became a little too much and we found ourselves walking around certain areas to avoid the sales people. Parrot guy asked for $40 after taking our picture. We got away with $20 for 3 blurry photos on our own phones. The people on the beach with brown shirts do not work for the hotel. We didn’t realize this until it was too late.

6. The entertainment was just ok. We watched a magic show one night and we went to the blue light party by the pool. This was fun but it was quite a party crowd there and people were very drunk. The main pool hot tub always had a significant number of drunk college students after 5:00 every day. The hookah smoke was also over the top around 5:00 each day near the main pool. We learned quickly where to go and places to avoid at certain hours but would have liked our own pool if they weren’t chlorinating at 6:00 each day.

7. Using the $200 resort credit was much more difficult at this hotel. They separate the amount for $10 for wine, $40 for the spa etc. So you can’t use the whole amount on one thing. We were not explained this and ended up booking a Bali bed for $100. We thought we could just use the resort credit like we did at the Hard Rock but you have to book the special dinner or breakfast with the Bali bed which is more. The Bali bed was worth it for $100. My only complaint was that we had 3 people servicing the area and hence had to give 3 tips but we didn’t see them for at least 2 hours in the afternoon and one guy we only saw once.

The hotel is a good 4 star but it has potential to be better if they could improve on certain things as I have mentioned. They need to have more consistency in the service and with the food. There are mixed reviews on this hotel for a reason. Some days it felt like a 4.5 Star hotel and other days it was like a 3.5 Star hotel. There needs to be better management overall so that everyone is getting the same level of service at check in, around the pool, in the restaurants. If I got a good package for this hotel I would stay here again. But I would not pay top dollar to stay here. We enjoyed our stay and we are happy we tried Breathless.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mandy007
BreathlessPC, Director General at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mandy007,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We are glad that overall, you enjoyed our facilities and the friendly service of our Team. On the other hand, we are always ready to improve, and we will review each opportunity area you have given us above with our Team at the involved departments, so the situations reported are corrected, and we can deliver a more consistent service in all areas. Allow us to comment that due to our tropical weather, humidity levels are high; therefore, we recommend our guests to keep the air conditioning on and the balcony doors closed. Given any situation, we gladly offer a room change to guarantee the comfort of our guests. We value very much your honest feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back, to enjoy the enhancements and a totally magnífico time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This resort is emaculate. Spotless clean, no bugs or birds and the staff are plentiful and work tirelessly to make sure you are well taken care of and your every need met.
Drinks are good and not watered down. Food is beyond amazing. Lots of variety and selection. I loved the no wrist band and no reservation required al la carts.
The E team just never sleep. Always keeping you up and high energized, they are all so pleasent and friendly. So many different activities ongoing all the time throughout the resort. Hat's off to you all. Special mention of Akon who runs a well oiled ship and hi to Oscar who made sure to always make us feel welcomed and special.
Paydro at the curtisy desk was at our service and went above and beyond to make sure the hibatchi grill reservation was sorted for us.
A very special Thank you to Angel our drink server by the main party pool for the week. Nothing we asked for was ever too much for you and you always did it with a smile and always such a happy pleasant attitude.
The room was awesome. Beds and pillows as comfortable as any major chain hotel I have stayed in.
This resort has everything figured out. It's all in the details and they have them perfect right down to the last one.
I have been to a lot of all inclusive and this one by far outweighes all the others I have been too. I felt like a totaly pampered queen here.
I will return in a heartbeat. Didn't want to leave. I also have Mexico breathless resort now added to my bucket list.
Thank you to every hard working staff member on this resort right down to our room cleaner Sandra. You are simply the best. I highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 76newfie

Dear 76newfie,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. We are happy to know that you had a ‘magnífico’ time, and that we could exceed your expectations. Yours is the kind of experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. Please be sure that we will recognize everyone you have mentioned for enhancing your experience. We appreciate that you recommend us, Breathless Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Kind regards,