I have been going to the DR for 7 years now and this resort is VERY old and it does need to be shut down and be redecorated!!! First of all I told 5 people about 3 people falling trying to get out of the pool in the deep end with a broken ladder that the top rung was broken off and the 2nd one down was wobbly no one could care less and went on to do nothing about it after 2 weeks down there the ladder was still broken and people had problems getting out (there were only 2 ladders for the pool to begin with). Unless you went to the far end where all the little kids were playing. We always found chairs by 6:00 in the morning by the pool otherwise your without and they keep there stuff on them all day and come back in the mid afternoon.
It is a very Eurpoean resort and they are the rudest people that I have ever met towards the Dominicans and everyone else. The bump you getting into the food line and do whatever they choose. There children run all over the resort while they are laying around the pool. The Americans and the Canadians were the only tippers!!!!!! I could not wait to get on the plane to here english speaking people. This is the first resort down there that we have ever had this problem with very rude people. Anotherthing if you want internet in your room for the week the internet lady (does not work for the resort) she will lie to you and tell you they DO NOT have weekly rates well they do it is $55.00 for the week and a $50.00 deposit for the white box to hook up in your room. IT IS only $15.00 if you go to the lobby and use there internet so do not let her lie to you that you cannot do it.
The food was good we ate at the Dominican rest, Japanese & La Cava they were all very good La Cava had the best food out of the three there steak was very good. The buffet had enough fo everyone you will not starve!!
Last but not least the ROOMS were the grosiest rooms that I have ever seen, we got the VIP room when we got there and there was a 15' wall on both sides of use and we saw nothing but wall and a little piece of the pool for VIP & Ocean view room that was not acceptable so we did complain to the front desk and 2 days later we were moved to an Oceanfront room the views were beautiful BUT the only downfall were the beds and pillows the sheets DO NOT fit the king size bed so they just put 2 sheets together and you wake up like a mummy in the morning and your body is touching the grosest mattress ever they are as old as my grandmother I wanted to vomit in my mouth everytime my body touched thte mattress so sleep was definatel deprived on this vaction due to the beds and popcorn pillows!!!!!!! VIP I thought you would get better treatment NOT!!!!!!The hot water was very good we were never without. They DO NOT give you wash clothes and towels are sometimes hard to get and are very stiff. I guess what I am trying to tell you all is that all the resorts that we have been to down there were 4 & 5 * this one is definately a 3* And with the VIP you get a spa coupon DO NOT pay for anything more than your 20 min free because your spouse can give you a better massage!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic