our trip was great. we were in complex 26. our room was upgraded to a Junior Suite, just beautiful. we had a big jacuzi in the big bathroom, sitting room with couch, fridge, pattio and a great view of the garden. the only problem was the pillows, we had to pay $3 per night to get a soft pillow. their pillows were very hard, not good for sleeping. they had 4 pillows on the bed, they should provide a variety.
the resort was beautiful. the beach unbelievable with the white sand, not a pebble to be found. 4 pools. many restaurants with good food. there were 4 resorts in the complex.
it was a little confusing the first couple days. i suggest you take a train ride in the daylight with a resort map in hand. the train takes you through all 4 resorts. we found out the pool at the Punta Cana was closer to our room than our pool at the Bavaro, and this pool was much nicer with the buffet right at the pool. the beach was about a 2 minute walk from our room. our lobby was a little more of a walk, we road the train to get there. there is a schedule of activities at the buffet in the Bavaro lobby. we didn't even know this until the day we were leaving. we missed the local vendors sale. It was through the whole complex. we had gone to the shops on the beach. be careful and check your bag before you leave. we bought 4 items, but there were only 3 items in our bag when we got back to our room.
we spent a lot of time at the Sports Bar. 24 hour buffet and a chef to cook burgers and sandwiches made to order. the food, especially the winds were delicious.
check in was a little confusing. it was a bit difficult to talk to the workers at the resort, not too many speak English. we should have learned some Spanish before we went. there are people from all over the world visiting these resorts, I can only imagine how difficult it is for the people working at the resort.
this was a wonderful, memorable trip. if you order the ribeye at the steak restaurant make sure you are extra hungry, it was as big as my dish. you certainly won't go hungry at these resorts. the frozen drinks are very good and refreshing.
it gets breezy at night on the beach (they have a beach party) so bring a light jacket if you are planning on going.
it rained twice during the day when we were at the pool and beach, but the sun was shining at the same time. It was unbelievable!
we had a great time and got a great tan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Bavaro (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Hotel
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort Spa
- Punta Cana Palladium
- Punta Cana Grand Palladium
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Palladium Bavaro
- Fiesta Bavaro