“Best Horseback riding experience in DR”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Pat Ranch

El Pat Ranch
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Horseback riding experience in DR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have been to many different areas of DR and every time I go horseback riding. I occasionally ride in the US and have been for many years. I read some really bad reviews about this place and was pleasantly surprised to experience the opposite. When we got to the ranch it was pouring so we waited for a little while to let it pass. Then they brought us all out and got us on the horses, they checked who had experience and who didnt. We walked down a small path in the woods and then emerged on a gorgeous beach. We brought a camera and took a bunch of pictures, the guide even took our camera and took a picture of our family on the horses on the beach. We walked all along the beach and even went in the water. The guides let us run with the horses on the beach but for people who felt uncomfortable they got to continue walking with another guide. My family only did a 1 hour ride so we turned around with one of the guides while the rest of the group went foward. On the way back the guide let my father and me run up ahead while he stayed back with my mother because she didnt want to go to fast. The horses were so well trained I was shocked. They all got along, even when we were squished together on the small roads out to the beach. I have never had such great guides and horses anywhere else in DR. Also this is the first ride I have gone on that we were on the beach more time than not. Most other ranches advertise like they have beach rides and it has never been like this. I was so impressed and would love to ride there the next time I am in Punta Cana. Definitely give this a try if you are looking for a fun day excersion.

4 Thank Beach_Bumgirl03

Naperville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horse back riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The horses ride was great along the ocean shores. we visitied public beachess and exiperienced native cooking.

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Giddy Up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Good time! I've never ridden a horse before. Staff made sure you had a good time. In the end dont feel pressured into buying their photos. Take a camera. The scenery is beautiful!

Greenville, NH
“Riding on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We've gone to El Pat every time we vacationed in the DR until this past vacation. For some reason, it didn't seem to be advertized or marketed. We wondered if they had gone out of business.

Visited January 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Loved the horse ride down the beach, and through the mangroves.

Visited January 2012