All reviewsarena blancaserves breakfast and lunchvip sectionocean viewseafoodour home away from homeitalian restaurantwear long pantsr rspent a weekquiet resortall inclusive foodrenovated roomhorseback ridinga great vacationrecommend this resortmake reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

My overall stay at VIK was fun and relaxing with some needs of improvements.

Hotel property: the hotel property was clean and nice.

Room: I stayed in room 104. The room was clean and one of the updated rooms. I asked for an updated room and was accommodated. the only issue I had was with the bed. It was super uncomfortable for a couple days. I said something to staff and it was fixed with a pillow top the same day. The bathroom was lovely and the set up of the room was okay.

The beach: I really much enjoyed the beach it was the favorite part of my stay. It was very clean, the water was beautiful clean green/blue. There were hammocks and plenty of chairs. I would go for walks early morning when there's less people out. I also enjoyed it being next to the beach house where they served drinks, breakfast and food. Along the beach were also other areas to get drinks. The only complaint for the beach was lack of beach towels after noon. Bring your own !

Food: the breakfast buffet was my favorite. I'm terrible with names but the chef who does the omelets was very nice and made what I requested. The buffet item had fresh fruits, veggies and other Dominican breakfast items. My least favorite was dinner . Most of the time I ate at the buffet and other times I at the Mexican onsite restaurant. The dinner food offered in the buffet was at time bland. I'm a sea food eater and there weren't many options. During those evenings I ate Mexican food.

Customer service is why I gave 3 stars. I felt pressured by sales people. When I scheduled a tour, I was left waiting for 45 minutes. When it was time to leave I was told to leave my bags in the room and the bell boy would take them to the front for me. After 45 minutes, the bags were still in the room and I found out the driver was also waiting 45 min for me. There was poor communication between staff. I had to walk back to my room with the bell boy to get my bags and I didn't like that there are several pick ups and no announcements. Which I felt was terrible. Also, two days before my stay I asked for laundry bag and a sheet two days before my departure to leave with clean laundry. The main desk receptionist was at lunch and the person covering had no clue where to find the bags and the form . I waited 30 minutes while she ran around to find them; unacceptable! She later had an attitude with me and pass me the next day without saying hello because I expressed my discontentment with having to wait. I had an excursion shortly after and waisted 30 minutes waiting that I didn't have time to complete it . I believe front desk staff should be organized and informative with good customer service skills.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Victoria J
VIK Hotel Cayen... B, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Cayena Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Victoria, thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experiences with us. We are pleased to learn that you liked our property and your room and also very much appreciate your kind words regarding our omelets chef. Of course we also have taken very good note of your comments about the beach towels, food at the buffet as well as guest services and will discuss these points with the according departments in order to take the necessary actions to improve our services and therewith our guests' vacation experiences. We very much hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I can't wait to come back again this October, this time bringing some friends and the in-laws... Honestly, I can't say enough about this resort... It's on the small side which I love, less walking is not always a bad thing... Barb and Melanie are amazing as is, Newton, Antonio, Yunior and Yoselin.. Amazing people! This place is like our home away from home and you could not ask for a more beautiful beach... The food at the VIP restaurant is top notch! Kudos to their great chefs... If you are looking for a wild and crazy resort, then look elsewhere.. If you are looking for pure beauty, kind people and relaxation, this is this place... You will also meet so many wonderful people and make many new friends... We just love this place!!

Room Tip: Please make sure to tip often, these people really work hard for you...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CollyB01
VIK Hotel Cayen... B, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Cayena Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so very much for all the compliments Colly. We can't wait to have you back here in October for another wonderful vacation at your home away from home!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Talk about having your own boutique quiet spot! The staff (Carlos, Nikki, et al) were really a great help and the service was always top notch at this relatively small hotel.
Probably the best of all was the immaculate renovated room and grounds. Someone said there was no WiFi in the rooms but that is incorrect. You have your own restaurant, swim up bar, and uncrowded beach as well.
The Cayena Beach Hotel (47 rooms) is right next to the Arena Blanca (400+ rooms) where you can visit and then leave - far too crowded, especially the beach. Also, the only WiFi at the the Arena Blanca is in the lobby.
The food runs from good to very good but not great. None of the desserts seem to have enough sugar. The house wine, both red and white, that is served at all the restaurants is terrible!
But this is Punta Cana. Very international and multi-lingual. We have visited here before as well as many other islands in the Caribbean and nothing is ever perfect. This is a wonderful hotel and beach area with all kinds of things to do and not do at the hotel(s). Give it a try for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Try room 102 on the first floor. Not oceanfront but renovated and really large. Away from most of the noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Pape Family, Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experiences with us, the tips for other guests and your kind words on our staff! Thanks to guests like you who share their comments and suggestions with us we can shift our focus on becoming better every day. We would love to welcome you back at our resort in the near future!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Beach, pool, quiet resort. Go next door for action. Overall staff very pleasant, Carlos was great, Nikki was wonderful and many others, however, convenience store and vip eating restaurant next to pool (Jocelyn-waitress) staff could use some customer service skills. Giving more resort information at check in would be helpful also. Some of the staff here play favorites to those that visit on a regular basis (setting up and blocking off beach loungers for them, etc...) and newcomers are left to fend for selves. So other than lack of customer service, relaxing and great vacay. Also rooms are very outdated and only 7 of the 47 rooms look like pic on website. Spent 1 day getting settled in after changing rooms. Thanks Nikki for assistance.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Alecia, we highly appreciate your comments on your experiences with some of the staff members at the convenience store and the Elcano restaurant as well as the check in information. We have forwarded your review to the according departments in order to take the necessary actions to improve our services in order to meet our valued guests' needs. Furthermore we would like to thank you for your kind words on our staff members Carlos and Nikki. We all hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The staff at this resort are the friendliest people I have ever met. From a customer service perspective, this resort is an A+! However, the rooms have no WiFi coverage at all. There is WiFi in the common areas but in this day and age, WiFi in the guest rooms is a must - especially when you are traveling out of the country and have no cell phone service. The food at the resort was just okay - the food was bland and the desserts were not very good. However, the omelette station for breakfast was amazing and Oscar was fabulous. The rooms are a bit dated and the upholstery on some of our furniture was stained. The location of the hotel, in respect to the water, you cannot beat. The resort is right on the sandiest blue beach I have ever seen. There is plenty of lounge seating right in front of the water and the grounds are well kept. The pool area is also nice with a swim up bar but be aware there is no hot tub anywhere at the resort. There is a small, jetted pool that has the appearance of a hot tub but the water is not heated. I, personally, would have loved a hot tub especially on the breezy evenings when the sun started to go down.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Dani7485

Dear Dani, thank you very much for sharing your experiences at our resort with us. We are really happy that you enjoyed our customer service and the beach. We have taken good note of your comments regarding the WiFi, so far it is only working in the lobby, pool and beach area but we will be checking possibilities to extend the signal to the rooms. As for the rooms, we will renovate more rooms in the future to meet all our guests' needs.