“Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana is WOw!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana is WOw!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Came to Dreams for my sisters wedding, for the first time in the D.R. Dreams is a very beautiful resort and everyone is very very nice. There are events hosted by the entertainment team every night, Very Very funny. The lead entertainer Gasolina is very easy to talk to and goes out of his way to make you laugh or even help your group with anything he can. The whole entertainment team and resort staff is top class. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: many choices, the honeymoon sweet is amazing
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,678)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Returned from here Mar 3,2012
reason not to go here
#1 BEACH SUCKS FULL OF SEAWEED
#2 ON Check-in they try to after sell us to a deluxe suite for over $150.00 a day ( I could of selected this option on expedia at a lot less).
#3 Right after check-in, we were offered by mulitple people in hotel uniforms a 100$ gc for a massage if we went on a 90 min tour of a near by resort. Every time we went to the buffet they kept aproaching us.
The "tour" is really a 3 to 4 hour sales pitch to buy into a 53,000 vaction club package.
#4 The room had Ants on the bathroom sink.
#5 The Show - Circus is a big rip off. young kids Bidding 10x the value for t-shirt and booze
(12000 peso / 40 = 300 for a 20 t shirt and 5 bottle of momajuna.)

The Hotel is Nice Not too Big and Not too Small
The beach was full of seaweed and while they tried to clean it up every day but the water was just full of it. Was all the resorts in this area.
The food was good in the buffet but tiresome after a few days. Service in Buffet was excellent . The waiters were excellent at most places however we did get one bad one.
We also found out that if you tip the captain large at the sea food resturant,
Lobster would be available.(we actually saw this done).

The day trip we took(OUT BACK) was again to appeal to see the island and the local communities. The excursion driver appealed to our humanity as we did the Excursion. It sounded like a good Idea but in retrospec what a fool we are. They take approx 50 to 100 people a day to visit a local school and on an average everyone donates approx $10. So at 10 x 100 =$1000 a day and the donations they say go to the school from the TShirt sales the school brings in over 1/2 million dollars a year. For that type of money I would of expected the school to be in better conditions. When I thought about it I felt like a fool as obvious the money was going else where. They did bring us to a picture perfect beach which is by the Macao Surf Camp. Now that was tha Carib I expected.

Room Tip: Stay away from this area of Punta Cana All Beaches here are ruined. They tell you different stor...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank vinp654
Chief_c0ncierge, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Guest:

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for sharing your point of view with regard to our resort and for your positng on trip advisor, it is certainly appreciated. In addition, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced at our resort. This sort of review saddens me greatly, however I hope that you understand that the seaweed issue is not something that the hotel or the management can control as it is a major force thing, even we do our best to keep our beach very clean as you said.

We cater to thousands of travlers each year and typically most of our guest leave here completely satisfied with plans to return and pretty much of them come back because of the beach and how nice and clean it is. Are we perfect? absolutely not, but I can tell you that the over 700 employees at the resort are dedicated to providing exceptional service and create special memories for our guests.

Our circus show is one of the best shows of this area and along the country. It has always been very well accepted by our guests and the feedback has always been positive. It is very surprising you encounter it as a rip off, even we respect your perception.

Furthermore, I would have really appreciated if we met during your stay and perhaps we could have turned this around for you to ensure that you had the vacation that you were expecting. Some of the suggestions that you have mentioned in your review have been discussed upon the executives of the resort and staff and corrective measures have been taken, however we always ask our guests to bring any disappointment or dissatisfaction they have to any of our managers' attention in order to take actions and resolve it.

Once again, thank you for your comments and suggestions, we hope that we have a second opportunity to cater to your needs and demonstrate the quality of service and the facilities that distinguish Dreams Palm Beach.

Jose Abreu
Fax: (809) 468-2151
concierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We are a couple in our early 50's and have been to quite a few all inclusive resorts for reference. We are not experts by any stretch of the imagination and we don't stress over the little things. Our idea of a "5" rating is "nothing could be better". The resort was at 100% capacity the first five days.
We were on the second floor of building four, the room was great, it was quiet, very clean and large with a nice view. I have a bad back and found the bed to be extremely comfortable. Maid service was very good, room was cleaned each morning and was cleaned again when the turn down service came each night. Plenty of towels, wash clothes etc.every day. When we arrived, our fridge was stocked with a beer we did not care for so we left a note in the fridge requesting Presidente. It was stocked per our request the rest of the week.
We are beach people and found a beautiful white sand beach which had way too many chairs, even at full capacity. You don't hear that very often. Sea grass washes up daily and the crew rakes it up and removes it, that is the nature of the east coast. I did not think I would see much snorkeling off the beach after reading the reviews but went anyway. This area is not a draw for snorkeling and was not like swimming in an aquarium, but it was well worth my time. Along with some colorful fish, I saw sting rays, sea stars and octopus. If you go, I would suggest bringing a totally dry snorkel due to the waves and make sure you stay inside the marked swim area because of the water taxis which own the shoreline. Had a great time using the catamaran sailboat which is included with the package. If you want a drink every 15 minutes, you will have to walk to the bar, if you want one on occasion, you can lay in your chair and they will be back. We never had a problem finding a palapa at any time of day and did not have to participate in any saving chairs game. I found the beach vendors that pass by to be very curious and non-intrusive. They are not allowed to stray very far from the waters edge and if you want to do business with them, you have to go to the shoreline.
Food was very good to excellent. Not sure where the boring comments come from for the buffet. My first meal in the buffet consisted of lobster, mahi mahj, grouper, calamari and lamb. Very good. We used the Italian, Mexican and French a la cartes, all were very tasty. Because of the bad reviews I read about the Mexican restaurant I would like to say, they serve authentic Mexican food. It is delicious, we went there twice. If you are expecting your countries version of Mexican food, you may not care for it.
The pools are the same temperature as every other pool in the Dominican Republic, they are not heated. They are warmer than Lake Michigan gets in the peak of summer, so we found them to be quite inviting. Pool chairs were available every day, we saw the chair saving game being played, but never witnessed a time when there were not chairs available somewhere around the pool. I suppose if you have a group, it may be more difficult.
Bar service was prompt throughout the resort, a bit slow in the heat of the day around the beach bar. Premium drinks are available at all of the bars except the beach and swim up bars. Those two are a good place to get a fruity drink or Presidente or glass of champagne.
We went to the fire show on the beach, very entertaining. We did not attend the shows in the theater as they were inside and we wanted to enjoy the tropical environment. Other nightlife consisted of one or two musicians playing in various places, they were nice for a short time, but I would have preferred a classic rock band to dance to.
The staff was incredible! I have always found the Dominican people to be very attentive and the friendliest people in the world, and this trip was no exception. Big smiling faces and a warm greeting from all... constantly! We never waited for coffee at breakfast and only one time during the week was I able to finish a cup of coffee before having it refilled.
We were approached multiple times the first couple of days by very courteous time share (coupon) people. They were never obnoxious or overbearing. We politely informed them we were not interested and they thanked us for our time. The rest of the week they would greet us with the same enthusiasm as the other staff, make small talk and jokes, but did not mention the time shares again.
We witnessed very little tipping while we were in resort, what a shame. These people treat you as if you are family and gave us better service than we typically experience in the United States. If you tip at your local pub, restaurant or hotel, please consider the same here.
We had a wonderful experience at this resort and would return without hesitation. We highly recommend Dreams Palm Beach! If you enjoy life and relaxation, you will come away with a smile on your face.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank tamnter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We just got back from Dreams Palm Beach and we were not impressed.

Resort was OK, not great. We've stayed at much better. It's an older resort for sure.

Room smelled very musty/moldy and was very damp. This was the biggest problem. We did complain and they did in fact do something because it didn't smell as bad after. I think they changed the air filter in the room. This seemed to be a common theme throughout the 1st floor rooms.

Room was beautiful until you walked into the bathroom which appeared to be much older than the rest of the room. Very dissapointed in that.

Toilet was broke and kept running. They fixed it once and it happened again. We told them again and by the next day it still wasn't fixed so we fixed it ourselves. By the way others we spoke to complained about the same thing in their rooms. It was a common theme.

Two nights water in shower would not get hot so we took warm showers.

Stupid bed had something like a waterproof cover on it and made noise every time you moved

Thursday night they decided to fertilize the gardens...... need I say more

Food was average. Plenty of selection.

Two nights they had vendors on site trying to sell you everything under the sun. I don't know about you but when I spend all this money on a trip I don't want to feel like I have to avoid the center of the resort because vendors keep calling you over to buy stuff.

Internet access is NOT free here. You're best bet is to buy 25 hours for $25 to use the whole week you're there. They had an Internet Cafe type place with machines that are so slow it's like using dial up instead of high speed. All the mice needed cleaning as they would not roll properly. You can however pay and get wifi access on your own device if you brought one with you.

They have a few shops on site which naturally are pricey. There is a small shopping center within 5 to 10 minutes walk that is safe if you want to check it out.

The Spa......... interesting........... I went 3 times. Twice I saw a couple of dead bugs on the floor. That freaked me out a little bit but hey it's not the USA.
I used their shower for one of my treatments and the whole drain clogged up so I ended up standing on the edges of the shower so my feet wouldn't be in six inches of water.

The beach........... very small and crowded. Beach was long but not deep. Way too crowded with beach chairs to really enjoy the view. Boats were anchored slightly off shore and really littered the landscape. Too bad!

So what did we like? The grounds were beautiful. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of. Housekeeping did a great job on our room every day. We took a couple of excursions and had a great time. They have a photo shop on site that will spend time taking pictures with you and your family around the resort. The price is cheap, cheap. $120 US got us 45 minutes with a photographer, one print and 12 high resolution images on CD. Totally worth it! Entertainment staff was awesome.

Room Tip: Anything not on the first floor is probably best. Also if they fertilize every week I would stay aw...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TerraceSnob
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Excellente! We would love to come back. Very friendly people and great service! Especially Franklin De Salas