15,003 results
All reviews royal service the reserve mole gabi beach jensy rijo juan cruz the grill santo polanco dinner reservations yhi spa swim up bar main lobby kids zone dominican republic time share personal butler destination wedding
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We are on our last day today, we got married here 20 years ago and decided we would come back for our anniversary... we have not been disappointed! Our butler Maximo Perez was superb, very attentive, really went out of his way to make us feel special in every way possible, the food has. Been excellent, all other staff are also very friendly and helpful especially at the sunset bar where Juan Cruz and Joseluis Montilla are the bar men, very friendly and prompt to serve you with a smile, the waiting staff around the royal service pool are also prompt and professional, go out there way to help you, nothing is too much trouble for any of these guys, Quirilio and all the eating staff really are excellent!
We have had two weeks of absolute bliss and can’t thank them enough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It is a pleasure for us to read your experience about your recent stay at our hotel, to know how satisfied you felt with our services, accommodations and treatment encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations.

I have submitted your comment to all of our collaborators and your recognition was transmitted to Maximo, Juan Cruz, Quirilio y Jose Luis Montilla for have made the best of your experience and for providing you an exceptional service and wonderful stay.

I will definitely wait for your next return to Paradisus Punta Cana, which is now, your home in the Caribbean.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a fantastic time at Paradisus for the second time. First of all for those that dont know, the resort is almost like three different hotels ( The Reserve, Royal Service and the regular hotel). I feel most of the negative reviews are from the regular hotel. This is because those guests do not get preferred times in restaurants. We stayed in Royal Service and had no problem. Our butler Carlos was great and took care of making the reservations and even changed a couple times to our liking. The resort is beautiful, a feast for your eyes!! Wherever we walked to I said I cant believe how beautiful it is. The guys in green who maintain the property are great and deserve compliments. Our room was comfortable and spacious, thanks to Jennifer in RS who booked us in a corner room with a jacuzzi. This was a treat to relax in after a day at the beach! The food is the only negative we had. I must say that the quality improved since we were there 3 years ago, but it still needs some more improvement. The buffet food is cold when it should be hot. It can also be boring. We did like Vento, Bana, Mole and the Grill. We didnt try Aqua this time. La Palapa did not live up to the good reviews we saw. We never felt welcome there as we did in the other restaurants. We had a tasty and fun meal at Bana - meeting people from all over the world. At Vento we had Julio as our waiter and he had us laughing and singing with him. He is why we like the DR so much. The people are genuine and fun. The restaurants are all beautiful including the new Wine Bar. If they can get the quality of the food up it would make for a better experience. (ie: no spice or sauce on steak in the Grill). The new BBQ on the beach was a nice addition. The bartenders are also another reason the resort is fun. Juan Cruz and Jose Reyes at Sunset Bar were always available to refill your drink with a smile. Maximo at the RS beach took care of us all day, again with a smile. The Swim Up Bar bartenders are also very hard workers. The guys at the M Bar make interesting drinks with a flair. They were fun to watch. The Lobby bartenders were not as accommodating or happy. Our room was always spotless and well stocked. Thank you Criselenyi Ruiz in housekeeping for all your great service! We also had a great couples massage at the Spa. Thanks to Mercedes and Wendy we were very relaxed and happy. One improvement the Spa needs is a bigger changing room. The shows were fun as well as the music in the lobby. There needs to be a better system for the activities and shows. I had the app on my phone but for example one show was supposed to be at the beach and we just happened to be in the lobby and saw it was in the theatre and not the beach. No form of communication on app about it. If you didnt do research before you arrived you wouldnt even know there was any activities. Overall the resort is fantastic and we are so sad we had to leave for home.

Room Tip: Close to pool/beach on 2nd floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gina S,

Warmest regards from Punta Cana!

Thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort for your recent vacation and for your first all inclusive resort expirience.

I feel very happy to learn that you enjoyed our paradise on earth and I thank you sincerely for your compliments towards our hotel and staff. I will make sure to share with them your nice comments.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and future travelers.
We are already looking forward to your return in a near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This resort is great. Very beautiful grounds, beach and pool... the rooms were ok, they could use an upgrade here and there. but considering you don't go on vacation to stay in the room, it was good. food is amazing many to choose from at breakfast/lunch/dinner. Very relaxing place, the beach is awesome you can find a chair no matter what time you go to the beach. Thank you to the manager (I forgot his name) we wanted to book a a la carte, it was booked, but he made it happen :) Over all, it was an amazing experience and a beautiful resort.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear Adinabozgen,

When I read such a comment I just thought: mission accomplished! We really work hard to create great memories in our guest’s vacation! But our mission haven’t end as we are already working to make your next stay with us more pleasant than the last one!

Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at Paradisus from March 18 to the 25th.

Overall the resort was amazing.
Rooms are all updated and modern.
Grounds and resort are very well kept. Always very clean and it's obvious that alot of hard work goes into it's maintenance.

The staff at the resort were amazing. I met a gentleman by the name of Jose by the beach who was so helpful. Had our lounged ready for us every morning. Always came by at the beginning of his shift to say hi and see how we were doing. Genuinely nice man who was so dedicated to his job.

The resort is located on the best part of Bavaro beach. Stunningly beautiful. You can walk for miles and miles. No rocks making it so easy to go in and out of the ocean.

My only two issues with this resort isbthe lack of beach entertainment and some of the restaurants.

We are beach lovers. Thus why we go south twice a year. We found an amazing spot on the beach right by the beach bar, thinking this would be the perfect spot. Ocean, sand and drinks. What else do you need? But it was soon quiet. We asked them to put on some music and were told that their system wasn't working. Day 4 we asked again and were told that people on the beach wanted to sleep so they wouldn't play music. Yet the resort right next door had music all day long and great beach entertainment. We would walk next door with our drinks and hang out there.
I don't understand why they couldn't play some music to keep us entertained. If people wanted to sleep all day they could go to the other side of the resort away from the bar. Bar, drinks and music go hand in hand. It would have been a much more pleasant time had we had some type of entertainment on the beach.

The restaurants were ok. It was a hit and miss. Food was good overall. Fuego was by far the best. Food was amazing and the service was fantastic. We had a young man named Melbin who was absolutely awesome. Great service, great personality and always Che king in on everyone. Loved him.
The Grill was a different experience. We sat next to an American couple who we chatted with all night. The waiter...whom I won't mention his name...never came by unless we called him. I asked for rose wine and I got red. At the end of our dinner we asked for some more wine for us and the couple next to us. He filled our cups and then filled a 5th cup. Then he lifted the 5th cup and said cheers. He left his cup on our table and kept coming by for a sip. It was the most we had seen of him all night.

The food was ok there if you had red meat. The chicken was horrible. All dark meat and full of fat. I ended up feeding it all to the resort cats that were lingering outside the patio.

The food in the buffet was good but very limited. We only ate there for breakfast and lunch as they were the closest to the beach and found that it was mainly the same assortment all week long. By Wednesday I did not want to eat anymore. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. Always fresh and always restocked. But because they are very small in size the assortment is limited. If they rotated the assortment more frequently it wouldn't have been so bad. But for someone like me who doesn't eat red meet.. I had the same one fish option everyday and the same chicken everyday. By Wednesday I was having salads everyday. Which were good.

Overall the resort is beautiful. People were great. And food was good. Could have been better by simply changing the assortment in the buffet more frequently. And entertainment on the beach by the bar would go a long way. Even just background Latin music.

The only part of the resortrestaurants I have to say were a hit

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Isabel,

Receive sunny greetings from Punta Cana.

We are very glad to know the exceptional time you had here with us at our hotel. It was and will always be a privilege to host you and spoiled all your needs, since it is our main goal to make of your vacations a memorable stay.

We are really sorry that our gastronomy experience did not surpass your expectations.

Thank you very much for sharing your comment with us and for have chosen us as your holiday destination.

Paradisus Punta Cana is waiting for your return with arms wide open.

Best regards.

Rafael Megias,
Guest Experience Dirrector.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is an all-round great resort. The grounds are sprawling - very large with lush plants and mangroves [stunning], a really beautiful beach with white sand and not a single stone, an array of fabulous restaurants to choose from, really nicely designed main lobby with ponds and turtles and flamingos, nice staff, and the rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Didn't do any nightlife with the kids [ages 10 & 14 - they really liked it] but it was hopping in the bar one night! The beach is quiet with lots of chairs and very little "local sales" nor water activities going on. Simple beach bar with no food but the main buffet restaurant is on the beach, with the others [9?] laid out across the property. Used the indoor gym and ran on the grounds, and on the beach which is excellent for a long run if you're a runner. Had a great vacation here. Fabulous weather.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank parentsoftwokids

Dear Guest,

It is as wonderful to read your comment concerning the good times you spent in our resort as it is to read your observations about it because it will help us to improve our areas of opportunity.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Regards,