Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
US$345
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$332
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$327
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$450
US$316
Melia.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$210
Occidental Punta Cana(Bavaro)
US$252
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$297
Priceline
14,798 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republictime sharepersonal butlerdestination wedding
Reviewed 4 June 2006

We just returned last night from our second trip to the Paradisus PC staying the week following Memorial Day. Our last visit was during peak season in February 2005 during winter break and this is our first trip to the DR in the official "off-season". The weather was spectacular. We had been watching the forecast for the week prior and were concerned about the chance of thunderstorms every afternoon. Well, the weather channel was incorrect. Every day except for one was beautiful unfiltered sunshine. The worst day had some morning light overcast that quickly cleared and a cooling 20 minute afternoon rain shower was just in time for a needed siesta.
Our last trip to 'Paradise' was just that. The only thing that was found to be noticeably different was that due to low census (we nearly had the resort to ourselves, not jam packed as last trip) there were alternating restaurant closures that we did not expect. The usual choice of 10 restaurants was cut by 2 and 3 respectively for dinner. To our surprise, even the reservation restaurants (Japanese and French) took their turn of having the night off. The closures were posted every afternoon, which left some time to alter our plans. Despite that, the cuisine continued to be as excellent as ever with lots of international choices for mildly discriminating palates. The service remains very good considering the pace of the Dominican people is not the NYC style we are accustom to in larger American cities.
We considered upgrading to Royal Service on this trip but did not do so after finding out that if you are on a return visit to the resort (which does require proof) that you can request a room upgrade with your booking agency. We were told in advance that it was based on availability and were not sure if we would get the upgraded room but we indeed did receive the upgrade. We were placed in the Service Reale upgraded deluxe junior suite without the butler services. During our last visit, we looked forward to reading the morning International copy of the Miami newspaper with breakfast or at the pool. Be advised that the hotel states they no longer have the paper available to its guests. They did attempt to go 'above and beyond' by kindly printing off the Internet version of the paper.
Despite again being a great vacation to the Paradisus PC, just a few minor details kept it from being as good as it was the first time. No matter, we will likely return again!

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank smurton
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 2 June 2006

This is a beautiful resort and a great place to go and relax which was our goal. The grounds are unbelievable - tropical flowers everywhere. There are even speakers inconspicuously all around the grounds so you hear music all the time. The beach is great - wasn't prepared for the topless sunbathers but had no problem with it...just surprised! We loved spending the morning on the beach in one of those huge beds and then after lunch, it was off to the pool where we stayed close to the swim up bar - be sure to try the Banana Poppa drink...yummy! We had massages by the pool and I had a pedicure at the spa - both were super. The only thing that wasn't great was the food. We actually found the best food at the buffets. The worst was at "El Romantico" - a French restaurant where you needed reservations. It was just terrible. The Italian and Mexican were okay. AND...we actually won at the casino! Another thing I wasn't prepared for was the communication problem...it would be good to have some undertanding of Spanish. Overall, it was a wonderful 6 days.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2006

My husband and I just returned from the Paradisus we were there from May 20-27th and had a great time. This is our 2nd time at the hotel we had been in Oct. 2003 for our honeymoon. This time around we had the Royal Service and I think it was okay but for us not really worth the extra money, I think really what you are paying for is the better room. I LOVED our room building 19 room 1195 it was an ocean view which was great. With the Royal Service you have your choice of pillows and when I called for pillows he wanted they didnt have any and also they ran out of beach towels for the Royal Service however I did enjoy the use of the computers and the a/c breakfast. We had perfect weather all 7 days and the beach was amazing we loved the swim up bars and the food was okay you are in a different country so its NOT the food you are used to eating at home. We did not do any of the tours this time around but we did back in 2003 we did the atv's and that was great and we did the speed boats and that was fun to and we also swam with the dolphins and that was okay. I would recommend doing the atv tour out of all of them it was a blast. Everyone was very friendly the workers and all the people we met on the trip. I would recommend the Paradisus its clean and the grounds are amazing. feel free to contact me if you have any questions

12  Thank KAMCG
new York
Reviewed 1 June 2006

My husband and I just returned from Paradisus Punta Cana. We were there from May 27th thru May 31st. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and I could not have asked for a better place to stay. The service was incredible. When the young lady making our dinner reservations found out it was our anniversary she surprised us for dessert with a whole delicious cake which read "Happy Anniversary". I thought that was so sweet of her. I don't know if everyone else did but as a welcome I received a beautiful plant and a bottle of wine sent to my room. The atmoshpere was nice it wasn't there busiest time of the year which was great. The beach was incredible, the hotel was beautiful, the pool was great the restaurants were wonderful(my favorite was the mexican restaurant and the steakhouse).
You must try the papaya and banana smoothie at the breakfast buffet(yummy).

Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 30 May 2006

I was at this hotel for five nights. The info I read about the place made my visit better, so I would like to return the favor.

This was my first all-inclusive. I was a little nervous about doing an all-inclusive because my impression was that they seem pretty cheesy. I must admit that my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised! The grounds are just gorgeous! The food was better than expected, too. Some of the food at the Brazilian and the French restaurants rivaled what I'd expect in a large city. The French restaurant requires reservations, so book as soon as you get there. We didn't have the Royal Service and got by fine without it. It's completely reasonable to walk to the beach from anywhere in the resort. Tips do help...we left our maid a tip each day and in return our refrigerator was stocked with extra waters. The shaded space on the beach goes quickly. The "beach code" simply requies that you drop any item on a chair and the chair remains yours for the day. We learned to get to the beach early to reserve a more shaded spot. Staff at the resort are very friendly, polite and helpful. We purchased our trip through Expedia, which included very prompt airport transfers. This allowed us to avoid the onslaught of taxi services outside the airport. Also, our experience at Punta Cana's airport went very smoothly. Customs was very quick!
In summary, although a stay at this resort will not immerse you in Dominican culture (!), it will provide a relaxing vacation at a beautiful beach.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member