Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$315
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$194
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$333
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$421
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hotels.com
14,791 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republictime sharepersonal butlerdestination wedding
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My friend and I just returned from Paradisus after celebrating her birthday. The resort was lovely. The grounds were beautiful and the staff extremely helpful and always looking to please. I'd give the food a 6 out of 10 at the buffet but the Steak house and Chinese Restaurants were wonderful. Others were closed or required extra funds. The pool was my favorite place to hang out and the bartenders Juan at the pool and Roberto in the lobby were wonderful and entertaining. The shows each night were okay, but a bit cheesy. We only attended the first night and then hung around the after party in the lobby each evening before hitting the clubs outside the resort. The weather was gorgeous and it only rained briefly for 10 minutes when the weather called for rain all day.

The sales pitch presented as a "tour" is a bit annoying but they are not super pushy if you take a short tour and say you are not interested in buying.

As two 30 something ladies traveling alone, we felt safe even out dancing till 4am in town. We would definitely go again and recommend Paradisus!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Tiffany,

First of all, on behalf of Paradisus Punta Cana´s staff, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your friend birthday celebration.
I appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your comments on the service and the hotel facilities.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The resort overall was really good. This is our third trip to DR and our first to the Paradisus. We travel 4-5 times a year and avoid letting things ruin or impact our trips. So if the room is a little dated, no big deal you are rarely in it when you spend so much time outdoors. Bad meal? Go to another restaurant and try something different, there are at least five open for dinner.

So we gave the resort a four rating. The resort itself is over 15 years old and has been remodeled a couple of times. What really matters is the people, they go out of there way to make your trip what it is.

Check in was a snap, took less than ten minutes. The lady at the desk was attentive and had us on our way very quickly. Yves was our concierge and told us about the resort and helped us get to the tram to take us to our room. The room was an older room but large and sufficient for us, we were amazed with the room for what we paid. Well the first thing we noticed was no AC... Called down and they had a repair man there quickly. Bad news was that they could not fix it so we had to move. On to a Royal Club room remodeled recently and smaller than our first but really nice. Everything worked and we were much closer to the beach so we were happy with the room.

We did go to the vacation club presentation to get our 1000 dollar credit. They tell you Multiple times including a signed document that you are attending a sales presentation, so do not let anyone else mislead you. It took two hours and we spent most of the time talking about they country, area, etc.. We did not buy as the cost was too prohibitive. They were professional every step of the way and we really appreciated that. It is your choice if you want to attend, our credit was tied to it so it was worth it. Keep an open mind and make a fact based informed decision based off your specific situation.

We did the spa with some of our credit and it was pretty good. The rooms are open at the top so you can hear the next room if people are being loud. They have so many different options on the spa menu that it can be difficult to decide what to go with. Ask the host for clarification and they will help you match one to fit your needs.

Suggestions since we have not seen these posted before:

- Go to Home Depot and buy the hanging Damp Rid for about 12 US for three, take only one. Leave it in your closet during the day and in your general room at night. You will be surprised how much moisture it will pull from the room and how much more comfortable you will be. Plus your clothes will not have that musty smell on day three of seven.
- Bring a flashlight for your room in case of power outages, we had three outages and it definitely helped.
- Remember where you are at. You are a guest in a foreign country, be respectful of their customs and ways. Being a donkey demanding to be treated as royalty just does not work. Immerse yourself in the culture and you will be truly amazed on just how special this country is.
- Bring an umbrella, not all rooms have them and there is a very good chance that it will rain when you are here. Short periods of rain but it comes down hard.
- When going to any restaurant, check the seats before you sit down please. We saw a couple of families sit in wet spots from previous guests that did not adhere to the dress code rules nor have a care in the world about the next set of folks sitting at the table(sigh). One family that was well dressed sat at a table and their slacks and dresses were soaked completely through, it was embarrassing for both the family and the resort.

Restaurants:
- Vita(Italian) Was very good though it took awhile to get our order in as they meter seating and ordering since the kitchen is very small.
- Sakura(Japanese) Ok food, just did not like the 2.5 hours we were there. The bigger your party at this restaurant, the better time you will have. Must book in advance and there are only two seating times at night.
- Qi(Chinese) Good food and great soups, the chips they give you at the start were very bland. This was one of our better meals overall.
-(Rodizio/Brazilian) good chicken, turkey and lamb. Fastest service in any of the restaurants that we went to.

Favorite people:
- Emilanna, smiled and always helped us out at dinner.
- Eduardo, from Club Melia as he was honest with us at all times.
- Juan at the pool bar, kept your drinks full at all times.

Hoping this review helps the folks planning a trip to this beautiful country soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Randy S

Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort as well for sharing your impressions about your experience.
I am please to know you like our facilities as well as the compliments you gave to our staff.
Your comments on improvement areas have been shared with all the departments involve and it will be part of our daily work to make sure to have it corrected on a short time.
I hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at this, your home way from home in the Caribbean.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 16 September 2012

This was our 4th time to Paradisus. Was very disappointed this last time. Not as relaxing or tranquil as in the past. It was very frustrating not to have hot water during the late afternoon. The strange thing with the the lack of water, was that the resort was at about 30% capacity during our stay. The best meal was the breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant meals were average.
Upon chech-in we kindly asked the front desk representative, to please provide us a quite room.The front desk checking in rep "Rafael ",stated that he would give us a room 2 buildings from the beach. To our astonishment the first room we were assigned not only faced the electrical generators, and was not where he indicated on the resort site map. They did change our room. The other disturbing experience was resort representatives constantly approaching you to sale timeshare programs. This is not why we came here for.
On a positive note the bartenders, restaurant hostess, maids, waiters were
friendly and very accommodating. And last but not least this is the place to visit if you like Boom Boom music at the beach all day long. No summer book readings here.

hot water
times

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Blg57
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear guest,

Firstly, I apologize for the issue encountered regarding the lack of water during your stay. We were having some problems with our water pipes.The good news is that all is repaired and working properly. I can understand how such inconvenience influenced your experience, but we hope that this situation would not deter you from choosing our hotel once again.
Finally, we appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your comments on the staff as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests, providing a quality service beyond our guest’s expectations.
If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Ok, this is my second time in a year. If you read my first review (sometime in DEC.2011), you will see some major variations.

This trip was a little different. I too, went during the week of hurricane Issac. I was disappointed because the first two days most restaurants were closed. The staff blamed it on the hurricane, which to me did not make much sense. Especially considering the hurricane barely touched us. The food was not good at all, with exception to the steakhouse. I ate at the steakhouse three nights in the row. Much love to restaurant supervisor Larry. You are always great and a huge asset to the resort!!!!

The room I requested was not available (I stay at in the regular deluxe junior suite, because it is usually close to everything. The reserve is nice, but too far away. However, you can usually find the Reserve at the same price on cheapcarribean.com.) The staff found me a comparable room. The room was great, but had the same annoying problem by the front door, ants!!! However, the staff came quickly with some bug spray. We can't leave out the huge spider and waterbug in the bathroom either. Overall, I still enjoyed my room. My housekeeper was great too. I wish I knew her name.

I have to say, the activities were very boring this go round. Maybe a new activities manager will be good for the resort.

Bottom line I am looking to book another trip to Punta Cana for this year. I want to schedule now, but I am having a hard time with making the decision to return to Paradisus Punta Cana, due to my experience this last time. I have faith in the hotel, but I don't wanna risk another marginal trip.

Hope this helps!!

Shauntayia

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Shauntayia P

Dear guest,

I would like to express our thanks for your valuable comments. I’m glad that you have shared your experience with us. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.
We're sorry though that your dining experiences did not meet your expectations. Please know that our Food and Beverage managers have been implementing new menus and new items in some of our restaurants and continue to improve on the quality of the food, to offer more variety and the quality that our resort offer.
Please do not hesitate and contact me and discuss your future vacations plans privately, calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I (mid 30’s) spent a week at the paradises at the end of August. This was our second visit to this resort and definitely not our last. We did upgrade to Royal Service as we did last time. I would highly recommend this although I’m confident it would still be a great vacation without it. We have been to the DR 12 times and this is the only resort we have ever repeated. We have had great time at every resort we have been to, but this one stands out for us.

The only downside this time around at the paradises was the construction on the beach. They are building a new Gabi bar on the beach and because of this the old one is closed and they have moved everything around on the beach. The royal service is now temporarily on the other side of the beach far away from the royal service pool which was inconvenient. Once this is complete (I believe in Nov) it will be great. The pictures of the new Gabi look awesome and everything should be back to normal. They did a great job working around the construction and this stuff just needs to happen to improve resorts.

We were there for Tropical Storm Isaac and the staff at paradises handled it great. They moved us all to the front of the resort in the Reserve section until the storm had passed. The rooms in the reserve are beautiful, but we were very eager to get back to our room on the beach and they did moved us back as soon as it was safe.

I love that you don’t have to make reservations at the majority of the restaurants (although, you can through royal service if you want to secure a spot at a certain time) I don’t like being on a schedule on vacation so it was nice to be able to show up whenever you wanted. The food; however, was only ok. The Japanese was very good but the rest was average. I feel that I have had better food at other resorts that I paid less for so there could be some improvements here. The buffet does not have a lot of options compared to some other resorts; however, you will not go hungry. Other than the resort being very large, it is actually setup pretty well. Many of the restaurants are in the same area near a second lobby type bar closer to the beach side of the resort so you could end your night there if you did not want to head to the main lobby. I’ve been to many resorts where they have a generic row of restaurants that feels like you are at a strip mall but here they have everything laid out beautifully and you always felt you were in paradise. The lobby is gorgeous with bali beds and swing chairs to relax on. These are things I have not seen at many other resorts. The beach is also full of beds for all guests. The Gabi bar on the beach (although currently closed) is a great extra as well. It’s a great spot to hang out and something unique to this resort. They also offer a lot of different kinds of alcohol that I don’t always see at other inclusives although I really wish they had Bacardi and I didn’t like the new Irish cream they use now instead of Baileys.

The best thing about this resort is the staff. They are truly wonderful people and one of the main reasons we will be back. Some that stand out: Juan Cruz and Francisco at the main swimup bar were always friendly and remembered exactly how you like your drinks, Juan at the beach grille - always greeted everyone with a smile, Rudy and Steve our butlers - everything they did was above and beyond, Agnoshka (sp?) as well as all staff at Royal Service lounge were all amazing and made our vacation fantastic, Romeo from the the entertainment staff is awesome! We actually met him a few years ago when we were visiting another resort. Such a great attitude and always full of energy. Thanks paradises for a wonderful trip and we will be back!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EHT1505

Dear guest,

First of all, on behalf of Paradisus Punta Cana´s staff, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your vacations.
I appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your comments on the staff. As it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests, providing a quality service beyond our guest’s expectations and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.