Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$432
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$667
US$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$287
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$460
US$351
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$801
US$610
  • Pool
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$344
US$907
US$680
Travelocity
US$1,198
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$462
TripAdvisor
7,421 results
All reviewsgarden grillroyal golden sectiona la cartehuge resortprivilege clubbbq restaurantel pescadorcloser to the beachair transatkaraoke barmain buffetmichael jackson showguest servicesdominican republicgreat resortrecommend this resortbavaro side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Traveled with 5 buddies all in low-mid twenties. Had an absolute blast. This is a great resort if you can’t afford Cancun. We did the booze cruise catamaran ($55 each reg $70) 5/5 stars. Also did a shuttle out to Coco Bongos and back one night which was insane ($60 each reg $70) 6/5 stars YOU HAVE TO GO HERE! We tipped generously first few days so after that all staff knew us there and would approach us first at bars and dinners. Had excellent service the whole trip you just need to know how to play the system.

Only complaint was no beach chairs and some days maids didn’t clean... No big deal! People play the towel game on beach chairs - very easy to remove the towel after you’ve seen it there for a while lol don’t be shy

People complain about every little thing on here. RELAX you are on vacation!! Smile, have some drinks and stop letting everything stress you out haha

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jake H
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jake,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were everything you expected and more. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon in Dominican Republic!

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 2 weeks in this resort in March 2018. All in all, we loved it. Like others said, complex is huge which is a positive thing if you are staying 2 weeks. You can never get bored :) Transportation around the resort is great! Easy accessible. Resort and our room were very very clean, no issues what so ever. No complains on any amenities in our room.
Food - OMG, amazing! We loved everything. A la Cartes are very good. We loved the Italian one the best. Entertainment is very good, always something interesting. Service is also very good.
Beach - the only negative comment, is SO crowded. I have never traveled to a resort with more crowds. We were a big group, so we did not mind that much....but yes, if you are looking for a nice, quite beach to relax - will not find it there. We did not have lots of seaweed during our stay. Water was warm with medium waves. Kids loved it.
Pools are all good, we preferred ones in the middle where our villa was. We emailed resort before we left, and they were so nice and fulfilled all our requests. Very professional.
We would recommend this place, if you like big resorts with lots of people. We made nice memories and would like to send greetings to the whole team in GBP Punta Cana.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Calgary05

Dear Calgary,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

For a future assistance please contact info.puntacana@bahia-principe.com

Regards from Dominican Republic!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed with my family at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana the last week in March. It's a beautiful property, in a beautiful place. I loved almost everything about it. The issue that I had with the resort was due to a maid who cleaned our room. I have Snapchat Spectacles, which are sunglasses that record short videos. Later you connect the glasses to your phone to watch the videos. In the middle of the week I watched my videos from the previous day and saw the maid had opened up the case the glasses were in, tried them on, and inadvertently recorded three videos of herself. I know that sometimes curiosity gets the best of us, and that she made a mistake, and I agonized over whether to report her. On my last day I spoke with the manager of the maids and explained that this happened, and urged her to let the staff know the next person may not be so easygoing when a maid goes through their things. As I was leaving the resort I got a notification on my phone that a credit card that was in the small zippered section of my zippered makeup bag (It stayed in the bathroom -I forgot I put the card in there) - was used for attempted fraud. The card was only authorized to work in the DR, and no one else had the number. It's clear to me that someone really went through my items in the room. If I had remembered that I brought the card, I would've stored it in the safe. I felt especially foolish because there I was begging the manager not to punish the maid who went through my belongings & tried on my glasses, but then my credit card number was stolen by likely that same person. I really wanted to relax on this trip, but since finding the video of the maid going through my items, I spent more time worried about if I had locked everything up, what had been used while I was out of the room, etc. I'm really really disappointed because everything up until then had been great, so great that my brother and I were considering joining their privilege club to come back for more vacations there. This incident with the maid and the stolen credit card number really soured what was otherwise a wonderful vacation, and plans for future trips. :(

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina S

Dear Tina,

We would like to like to express our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced and if you have felt that you did not receive the expected service. Please be assured that your comments will be treated with the utmost interest and we sincerely appreciate your comments.

Please keep in mind that this type of situation does not correspond to our daily operation and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, could you be so kind and write us to info.puntacana@bahia-principe.com since this channel is not right for treat the details that you mentioned above.

King regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Took 6 hours to checked in my daughters and friends! Gave my daughter an uncleared room. The universal number are manned by by operators who do. It give a damn about customers. Beware: this hotel is bad news.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreacita S

Dear Andreacita,

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience experienced and we feel so sorry to hear that we have not reached your expectations
Thank you for sharing your impressions and it’s our sincere hope to cater you back again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I visited Bahia Principe, Punta Cana from March 21-28. This was our first time to Dominican as we've gone to Cuba a few times before and wanted to try somewhere different. The resort is massive and one of the biggest resorts I've ever been too. There is a trolly to take you from one end to the other and is always running which was convenient. We upgraded our rooms to the Royal Golden and were on the second floor right by the beach. It was a good location as we were minutes away from the pool and the beach.
Our room was very nice, kept clean every day by our maid and our fridge was stocked daily except on the second last day when we had no water. I had to call 4 times to get water. They finally came with 2 bottles a few hours later. We had a comfortable king size bed and a nice shower and Jacuzzi tub.

What stands out for me the most is the food at this hotel. It was amazing!! Especially the breakfast. Whatever you can think of they had! Also on some nights they would have themed dinners. For example, sushi night and mexican night. We booked our 4 a la carte's through email 2 weeks before. I highly recommend doing this. Our favorite two were the steakhouse and the Japanese (presentation show). Definitely both a must!

The only downfall I have with this hotel is the beach. It was far too crowded for my liking. I've never been to a beach that had so many people on it. It was packed like sardines and unfortunately because of this I will not be back to this resort. Not only was it packed with people, but they had locals trying to sell you things on the beach constantly everyday. You felt like you were being harassed every time and it got quite repetitive and a nuisance. Also there were lots of boats and parasailing always going by and a big line out in the water to not pass due to this. The bars close at 11:00 and there is no 24 hour snack bar. However, they do have room service and they do have good food on the menu and the service is fast. Unfortunately, the weather was up and down when we went and we would have liked to have more sunny days spent on the beach. All in all I would go back to Punta Cana but stay in a different resort where the beach is less crowded.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Shannerz,

For a future assistance please contact info.puntacana@bahia-principe.com

Regards from Dominican Republic!