1,401 results
All reviews circus restaurant il paradiso kids club le gourmet castle view castle light show a la carte restaurants beach restaurant hand foot and mouth kids water park other resorts mini bar the lion king family vacation privilege club kids shows don pablo collection
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Let me start from the beginning: Arrived after a long day of travel at about 2 pm. Checked in and bell hop started to help me w luggage and then asked me if I could take it myself. I was like, I guess? Little did I know how far away my room was. This hotel is long and narrow and has a very small strip of beach that you have to take a shuttle to. So my room was all the way furthest from the check in.
I was still wearing jeans as I had traveled from a colder climate, and had to schlep my bags to the other end of the property. My room was located on the third floor, but guess what? NO ELEVATORS (please tell me what is luxury about that!). I was exhausted and sweaty and pulled my heavy luggage up the stairs. When I arrived to my room, THE KEY DIDNT WORK!
Luckily I speak Spanish and was able to ask the maid to let me in. I called the front desk and asked them to bring a replacement key (BTW, I had the PREMIUM level). They told me I had to go to the desk and get it! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? After some debate, I realized that I was not going to win this argument, changed into my bathing suit and went to the front desk to retrieve my key and speak w the manager because I was very upset at this bad service.
The manager was sitting in his office but made me wait 15 mins to come out and talk and did NOTHING to rectify the situation. Yes, I got a key, but not even an apology for the bad service.
I asked for a beach towel as it was getting late at this point, and I wanted to go to the beach. Manager told me my beach towel was in my room! I couldn't believe he was telling me to go back to my room, which, again, was really far away! So I get to the room, and guess what??? NO BEACH TOWEL, so I call the front desk and they tell me they will deliver one. A half hour went by, and still no beach towel! So I kindly asked the maid who was happy to provide me with one.
I went to the beach, which has chair upon chair upon chair, you are literally sitting on top of each other on the beach! Again, how is this luxury.

It gets worse: I was booked for five nights, and the first four nights? My air conditioning didn't work properly and it was over 75 degrees in my room at night. Because the AC was broken ,there was a lot of humidity in the room, and tons of little ants would come into the bathroom at night, it was disgusting.

As a premium stay, you are supposed to be able to pick a scent menu and a pillow menu. Well, I was able to choose that, but guess what? THEY NEVER FOLLOWED THRU!
Do not get me started on the food. IT WAS DISGUSTING! I ate papaya and rolls almost the whole time I was there bc the buffet food was cold. The restaurants had food that was mediocre at best, over salted, and generally disgusting.

I am a luxury travel advisor and if you can imagine, I was a guest there as part of trip to visit properties in the DR, this hotel was supposed to impress my group so that we could sell to our clients. WHAT A JOKE! The best part about the trip is that I learned about where not to send my valued clients.

If you are going to Punta Cana, and want something at this price level, I would recommend the Barcelo Bavaro beach instead. this was just plain awful. NIGHTMARE REALLY!!! Rudest management and worst food, and horrible room conditions! Thank goodness I didn't pay for this trip!

Room Tip: My only tip is do not go
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank notasoccermom1970
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Fantasia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We regret not having been able to achieve our main objective with you, which is our guest´s entire satisfaction. Please be assured that your observations have been taken in the highest consideration.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel March 24 - 31. Arrived at about 7:30 pm and were to the front desk. Check in was a breeze, and while at it, we were all greeted to a nice coconut drink. The Butler was waiting for us and drove us to our room. Spacious, very clean and fully equipped. We were missing the pull out bed from under the sofa bed for my youngest daughter which I requested right away and they had installed and set up by the time we came back from dinner. Rooms are serviced twice a day, they really make sure you have clean/dry towels all the time.
One thing I would recommend, specially if you’re traveling with kids, bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner (it’s standard hotel stuff)
We ate only at the buffets as we found it easier to please the picky eaters. There was always something they would eat. Breakfast is better at the circus restaurant, less crowded, and good variety. Lunch and dinner we ate at the main buffet, although midway through we decided to skip lunches and get a few snacks from the pool snack bar so we could have more time in the ocean.
The pool is massive! Even though the hotel was full, you did not have that feeling of someone too close to you.
There is always someone walking around checking to see if you want drinks brought to you, both at the pool and beach.
Everyone was respectful and happy to help.
A big shot out to Deyby at the main buffet, he made our meals fun and our kids loved interacting with him.
Our kids did not get sick with HFM disease, neither did we see anyone carrying it.
Our ordest was sick overnight but we don’t know if it was from something she ate at dinner or from eating too much of everything, but she was fine by 9 am the next day.
The night shows were also very good.
Overall, it was a beautiful experience and we would definitely be back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank OttawaLatinGirl

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share how you are spending your vacation with us.

Thanks for highlighting our the breeze check-in, room Spacious, very clean and fully equipped and good night shows.

Looking forward to seeing you again next year for another beautiful experience! Please do not hesitate to contact us through our email: info.fantasiabavaro@bahia-principe.com for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was our first trip as a family. We have a 6 year old and a 3 year old.

First off I would like to say that the hotel itself is amazing. The staff from the bell boys, cleaning staff, wait staff were all incredible people. Everyone is super friendly. They are the hardest working people I have ever seen. The are the ones that make this hotel a luxury hotel.

The kids club was amazing. The entertainment staff are great. The did an Easter egg hunt for the kids as we were here Easter weekend. My only complaint is that the evening entertainment took place so late in the evening. Most shows started at 8 pm or 9 pm.

I was nervous to book here after seeing all of the negative reviews about the circulation of hand foot and mouth. The hotel is doing a good job providing hand sanitizer to each person before coming into the buffet. I can tell you that yes there were children with hand foot and mouth disease around different areas of the compound. The problem though is not the hotel, the problem is with the ignorant idiot parents. Parents refuse the hand sanitizer at the buffet and they let their snot nosed children run through the buffet and help themselves to whatever they want, touching everything in their sight. I couldn’t believe the ignorance of adult travellers. I think if the hotel offered better room service selections, guests would be more apt to keep their sick kids in their rooms. I personally watched a man drop the tongs on the ground and then put them back!! Another woman dropped a bun on the ground and placed it back in the fresh bread!! Who does that that?! What is wrong with people?!

My next issue is with the medical clinic. I took my daughter with an ear infection and just required antibiotics. The doctor did not speak good English and gave me a song and dance about being transferred to a “specialist”. I said no, that I just required an antibiotic. She was a doctor, she should be able to prescribe medication. She then was like, ok, sign this refusal form and go to the pharmacy and get the medication. I bought a bottle of Amoxicillin over the counter that I had to reconstitute with bottled water in my room.

We had a major problem with a leak in our bathroom. Theee nights in a row we had water leaking into our bathroom through the light fixture in the ceiling. All three nights I called and they sent a repair man up that again, didn’t speak great English. He told ya each time it was fixed, but every evening when the room above us showered, the water would pour in. So I took a video and marched it down to the front desk. They were very apologetic and offered us a new room. But that meant packing everything up and moving our small children to a new room at 8:30 pm. Super frustrating! Then the air conditioning didn’t work in our new room. I stopped complaining at that point because I was angry.

The only other thing that really annoyed me was the incredibly loud and obnoxious story time music that came from the castle every night at 10 pm. Having small kids, it woke them up every night. Why can’t they do it at 7 pm before the evening entertainment. Very few people watched it anyways.

The resort was perfect for kids. We spent hours and hours in the pools and water park. Kids club was amazing. Buffet food was great for kids and we enjoyed it too, especially Mexican night. We would come back when our kids were older. I would not recommend this resort for young families.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Fantasia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Leah,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us your comments regarding your recent stay in our property, now that allow us to analyze our daily development, improve our services, and this way guarantee our guest´s entire satisfaction.

We are glad to find out that there were some aspects you find worth to mention, especially our friendly staff and amazing Kid Club.

We would like to clarify that the Medical Center is an external Company that has their own policies independent of ours.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at info.fantasiabavaro@bahia-principe.com.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This resort was beautiful, my 6 year old loved the castles and water park. I did appreciate the water park having life guards as the line of sight was easy to loose when your little one was going on the slides. Staff were hit or miss but for most part they were very friendly...I would say front desk staff need a little help in the smile department. I may be spelling this wrong but server in Laramar Buffet Wilfer was absolutely amazing (kind,fast,positive,efficient). All the hostesses at Laramar that week were also very pleasant! Housekeeper Alexandria was so very kind. Suggestion for the kid club staff that do the mini disco, DO NOT play the game were kids run out to strangers collecting shoes so many foot diseases can pass to children. I had quickly got up to grab my daughter but by the time i reached her she had got sandals from someone near her.!! My daughter ended up with hand foot mouth disease 36 hours before we left resort and is still recovering!! The mini kids club was a beautiful room however there were not any toys for kids to play with, the board games didn't have the pieces and the dress up cloths were ripped and in poor condition.

Food: The Bella Italia was amazing! The buffet food was not very hot most times but it was good. Lots of options so you wont go hungry! Room service was good.
Cleaniness: The floors in the room looked clean but they had an oily film to them leaving your feet dirty, you needed socks in order to not have dirty feet to go to bed.

I was not happy with the pressure from the Bahia club presentation I went too. I decided it wasn't for me but yet they continued to make me feel pressured and I had to speak to three people before they let me walk away! The next day again they call me in the room and ask why I don't want to buy Bahia Principe membership! DO NOT bother going unless you know for sure ahead of time you want in......it's not cheap and honestly it was hassle and I got tied up for 1.5 hours.

Overall: I would go again but not until I hear or read less cases of hand foot disease. I would avoid Bahia presentation. without the misfortune of my daughter becoming ill and the frustration at the presentation trying to leave it was decent.

10  Thank ahcarmelle
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Fantasia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please rest assured that we have taken your observations into great consideration.

We are glad to find out that there were some aspects you find worth to mention like our beautiful resort, our amazing Bella Italia restaurant, good room service and cleanliness room.

Allow us to inform you, the hand, foot, and mouth is a viral disease that is acquired mostly in superficies as well as the contact between people and also by high summer temperature. Furthermore, it is very important to inform you that, until today we do not have an outbreak of this virus.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Positive

Great disposition of the majority of the Personnel, especially Mrs. Jessica and Yerismar at the Larimar Rest (hostess) ,Miss Valbuena in reception and Mr. Rafael always with his magic tricks and open to any request, and the installation and infrastructure of the Hotel

Negative

The animation is basic and terrible not in accordance with this type of Hotel, The hotel does not have a standard telephone intercom after calling 32 times to zero answered me to wait and after the call falls, also there is no phone book in the room, My daughter suffered an allergic outbreak ¨probably¨ due to the intake of a food, I myself took her to the doctor and was hospitalized one day in Punta Cana and today in Caracas, although the staff was informed there was not even a call of follow-up by some representative of the Management ... I would like to conclude that the Hotel today is not a Luxury, in spite of having the infrastructure, a change of strategy must be made

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Fantasia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Nicolas,

All feedback from our guests is valued, to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us. We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

We are glad to find out that there were some aspects you find worth to mention like, our great disposition of our Staff, especially Mrs. Jessica, Yerismar, Mrs, Balbuena and Mr. Rafael, also the installation and infrastructure of the Hotel.

Happy Easter!