Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$560
View deal
TravelocityUS$560
Hotels.comUS$560
Orbitz.comUS$560
TripadvisorUS$560
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2020

beware of this company
yesterday whilst walking along the beach on punta carna in the Dominican Republic my partner and myself were approached by a representative from the hotel, asked if we were interested in a 90 hotel presentation as they were trying to attract clients due to covid -19 and this included lunch, we had just walked for about an hour, we were peckish and I needed to look so we agreed. cutting a long story short we had a lovely lunch with a sales representative who to my surprise offered us alcohol during our lunch. a 90 minute presentation took 4 hours as they basically offered us just about anything so that I would sign a contract. during the 4 hours we were given champagne? wine and beer and when I demanded to see a contact, the second clause states not to sign if you are under the influence of alcohol. when i pointed this out in was told of that's OK you haven't drunk that much and wood you like another drink to which from then I declined even water. the one thing that I wanted to do before agreeing to this fantastic too good to be true deal was to check out thier company 1st and as I didn't have any WiFi I wanted to do this at my own time. all they wanted was for me to sign, sign and sign. they also offered to put us up in they 5 star hotel in a vip suite for the duration of our stay and if I still wasn't happy I could get a no quibble refund .
I am so glad I walked away . when I got back to my hotel got straight on the Internet and Man sadly my reservations were true. most of what they said to me was bull.i can only speak for myself but others just be mindful to me it's a new version of timeshare scams from the 80's to before you sign make sure u got WiFi and do your homework. this could have turned out to be a very costly holiday.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Keith P
The Management Team, General Manager at The Royal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2020

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination and taking part of your valuable time on posting this review of us in TripAdvisor.
We very much appreciate your feedback, as it is through this medium that we are able to address guest issues and discrepancies.
Please be assured that we have already informed your comments to all relevant departments of the Club in order to follow up and improve our services and operation.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced; we sincerely regret that, on this occasion, we were not able to fully meet your expectations.
With best regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2020

We went to relax and enjoy ourselves, luckily we did that because as we were about to get on the plane the hotel called to say we couldn't have our original villa. We were with our friends as their guests . It's a great spot but a little messed up on how they operate. Would we go back again, I have to say yes cause they have kept the money we were owed for the downgrade. Lots to do, food was good, some restaurants were a lot better than others. It was not easy to get reservations and the restaurants you didn't need them for had food that was much better.

Date of stay: February 2020
The Management Team, General Manager at The Royal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Royal Suites in Puerto Plata.
It is of great importance to know our guests experience in order to improve our services.
We are really happy to read such a nice opinion about our resort, services and facilities and appreciate that you have shared it in TripAdvisor with other future guests.
It would be a pleasure to host you again in the future.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2020

It was all awesome mainly the customer service. The food was good and the facilities were very clean, the view enchanted me because we were between mountains. I really recommend this resort. I just want to say thanks for making my honeymoon a terrific experience.

Room tip: Nothing. It was amazing.
Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Management T, Manager at The Royal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing The Royal Suites as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also would like to thank you for writing your opinion about your experience.
We really appreciate your positive review!
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2019

Loved my stay at lifestyle so much Dec 13-15 that we decided to stay another night through the 16. The service is great, rooms out of this world, and so many activities you would need an entire week to actually get to see and do everything. The food was great and the service at the VIP beach spectacular. Honestly the only downside was that at Casa Blanca it took the waitress/waiters a little longer to service us (Dominican couple) than it did other guest that physically look to be from other parts of the world but other than that it was the perfect vacation.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Carolin d
The Management T, Manager at The Royal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive review! The nice notes like the one you kindly posted on the TripAdvisor are very appreciated by us. We are grateful for you taking some time to express your impressions and observation during your stay with us. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 14 December 2019

Stayed for a couple of weeks and need to mention a few employees who went above and beyond.

Junior Vasquez, our concierge, who made sure everything was right. He would track us down on the resort just to make sure we were happy.

LILO and Angel at the tennis and pickleball courts. Rained a lot of nights, they would be there in the morning getting the water off with a squeegee. Great guys.

Pedro ( Happy Happy) at the bar, always in a good mood.

Kelsie at Vienna coffee house, always great coffee

Del at the bar on the Terrace

Thanks

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Management T, Manager at The Royal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Dear guest,
We appreciate so much your review and opinions.
It is an honor to know that our staff provide our guests the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people.
Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.
We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again!