2 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$593
Official HotelUS$558
TravelocityUS$593
All reviews boutique hotel recommend casa dominican republic ocean front playa dorada the entire hotel all inclusive hotel lucia caribbean dr beach relaxation properties jose
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

Want to go to a place to feel peace and quietness?
You should come to Casa colonial!! Great food, great staff, great place! Thanks for everything! We will definitely come back!

The pool area is awesome, the rooms, the beach, the food, it has a good golf course near too, Playa Dorada Golf Course!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

I visited with my friends, we work in the travel industry and wanted to see first hand this boutique hotel.
Normally you will go to an all inclusive hotel in the Caribbean, this is not that type for a reason. Everything you get is top of the line, you don’t get the same food and ambiance quality that you get here in an all inclusive hotel.
Casa Colonial is beautiful, from the moment the gates open, you feel as if you are walking into your own home… a luxurious home that is.
The staff is friendly, courteous and very attentive to details. This is common in the island and the staff makes sure you are well taken care of.
They offered breakfast included in your price (depending on your rate-hotel is not cheap)
The hotel also has a beautiful pool on the 3rd floor with direct view to the ocean, private beach area with chairs, towels and waiter service.
Dinner at Lucia-their restaurant, it’s a must do. Food is delicious with picture perfect presentation. Suggest to make reservations and ask for a corner table.
The entire hotel decor offers the feeling of peace and luxury, with floor to ceiling windows and beautiful airy curtains.
I did suggest to add non-dairy or lactose free milk/products to their menu as I had to drink my coffee black due to lack of milk alternative.
At night, housekeeping will offer turndown service so your room is ready when you are ready to sleep.
The hotel is also close to a shopping mall, the hotel offers club cart service to/from near locations just ask one of the guys in the front.
The area is very safe and you can ask their staff for suggestions for activities. We did not get to use their Spa, but they do offer a variety of massages which are always good to unwind while on vacation.
We also met Marisol, the GM of the hotel and she was very welcoming.
Overall, great experience. We will definitely be back.

Room tip: Book in advance.
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank buchito
Reviewed 25 May 2022 via mobile

This place is pure heaven and service is second to none. From the moment you drive in through their beautiful gates, and walk through the door, the aroma permeating the hotel is pure zen and relaxation. The aroma provides a sense of peace and relaxation. The hotel, the grounds and rooms are beautifully decorated. The beach is immaculate and the views unparalleled. This hotel only has 50 rooms so you do not have a hotel experience but rather a feeling of being in a beautiful home away from home. This hotel is not only a jewel in the Dominican Republic but in the Caribbean. I highly recommend this hotel and hope you can experience what my family and I experienced. I celebrated my 50th birthday and the staff went over and beyond creating a feeling of being around family vs being around hotel staff. I met the owner of the hotel and she was engaging and charming. You can tell that the owners are paying attention to every detail and every guest staying at this beautiful boutique hotel. It truly is a boutique hotel. I will continue returning in order to relax and detox. The moment you enter and leave the hotel, you walking away feeling happier.

Room tip: Just visit this gem.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2022

We stayed at Casa Colonial for our company's global offsite. We had the hotel to ourselves for five days and had the most incredible time. I cannot speak highly enough of all the hotel employees, they were so attentive and friendly. The food was delicious, the rooms were huge, and cleaned at least every day. Anything we asked for they provided to a very high standard. I hope to be back one day soon. Thank you Vilma and everyone at Casa Colonial for making our stay so special.

Room tip: All of the rooms are to a very high standard.
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Social Media VHHR, Marketing at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Hi @G8102QBelsam

What a wonderful feeling it is for us to read comments like yours! Knowing that you had an amazing experience in our facilities filled us with joy and gratitude.

We'd love for you to come back and visit us again, this time with your family or relatives.

Casa Colonial´s Family

Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful! I have always been blessed when I travel to different country on my birthday.always made my birthday so special!! Unfortunately I had a very bad experience in this hotel. After I payed a very expensive room they gave me hard time especially the same day on my birthday!! The administration and owner should have more awareness and be more humble. Learn how to treat guest... special on special Occasions. Thanks to Jose who has a excellent customer service and the lady who cleaned my room (Yeniz)made my night with so such beautiful service and detail .Luz Maria as well. We are living in a very hard time and they should learn how to treat people doesn't matter where you from.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
V B, Otros at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Casa Colonial Beach & Spa. We truly value the opinions of our guests and apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We would like to clarify that you received the room category you booked in the first instance, and after having two days at the hotel you decided to upgrade. According to our policies, we were supposed to give you the room at 3:00 pm but we checked you in at 10:30 am so you could enjoy your special day. We really don't know why you were unable to enjoy your birthday.

Thank you for highlighting the hard work of our associates. We are known for being a hotel that cares about providing attentive and personal assistance to all our guests.