All reviews rooftop pool boutique hotel dominican breakfast beautiful small hotel we ordered room service ocean front dominican republic third floor nicest hotel playa dorada rooms are large our honeymoon junior suite all inclusive hotel golf cart other resorts welcome drink
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I'm dominican but since most of the people that will read this are foreigners i will do it in english.

From the moment you arrive to the moment that you leave you know you are in a special place, attentions are unique, the roof pool is awesome, the staff is superbly kind and THE FOOD IS THA BEST. ( PLEASE MAKE THE CHEF'S SUSHI PERMANENT) anyway my experience was superb!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricardo G
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent vacation with us! We were thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our pool, restaurants, but more importantly, with the level of customer service you received.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always nice to receive such kind remarks for their efforts - we will be sure to share them during our next staff meeting.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in Playa Dorada. My family loved it. We had breakfast and lunch on the roof by the pool. Great food! Decor is lovely. The staff is very friendly and always at your service. The beach is clear and warm. Very beautiful!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn R
VHresorts, Front Office Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay and for your kind words about our food and the hotel itself. We are glad that you loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

By far this is the best hotel in DR. I try to go every time that I can. The service, staff, food, room.. everything is on point. You feel right at home, so you never want to leave. A MUST in the north part of my country.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

We are deeply elated that we have been your constant hotel of choice when you're in the Dominican Republic. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

My family and I just spent a long weekend at this hotel and loved every second of it. It was a the end of a 2 weeks long trip, and it was the perfect way to end it. The hotel itself inspires you to relax and just let go. While it's more of an adults kind of place, our 5 year old was with us, and enjoyed just as much as the adults did, if not more.
Def. recommend it if you're looking for something different to the all-inclusive atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay M
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. We are glad that you and family loved our hotel. It's only when we receive such positive feedback, do we rest knowing that we have done our jobs well. Please do visit again; we'd love to have you as a customer again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel was great, A+ Service, beautiful rooms and hotel infrastructure. I know Playa Dorada a lot and I can tell which restaurant is good and which not, but since I was staying there I was very excited to try their food. Unfortunately it was bad (All inclusive quality at a Fine Dinning price).

On the good side, their service is excellent, and I really enjoyed their pool area, too bad their cocktails were as bad as their food.

On my last morning we ordered room service which was bad and cold too.

I think this hotel has a lot of potencial, and hope their management decide to invest a little more so customers get what they pay for.

Stayed: July 2018
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with a feedback on your stay. We understand that the topic of food is a very subjective issue. We pride ourselves to offer a large variety of gourmet cuisine with very high standards and we certainly regret that it was not to your liking. We will certainly pass your compliments onto the staff and very much look forward to your next visit.