All reviews green jack breakfast was included jose maria juice and coffee all inclusive hotel hotel restaurant short stay felt like home playa dorada dominican republic puerto plata city passion fruit nice pool lounge chairs hot water private beach other resorts
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Where do I begin? My stay at Blue Jack Tar was the trip of a lifetime.

This resort is a total class act and makes you feel like you are at an extremely exclusive resort.

Room: Lets start with the room. As I walked in I was greeted with a beautiful view of the golf course with a full size jacuzzi in the middle of my beautiful room. I had a beautiful bouquet of roses waiting for me as it was valentines day. The room, restroom, bed, shower, towels were showered with beautiful fresh flowers! Extremely clean room with all the necessary bathroom amenities. Nice walk in shower with extremely hot water which is an absolute luxury and hard to find at some resorts. The bed was so comfy with clean blankets and tons of soft pillows. Nice patio to enjoy breakfast in the morning!

Amenities: I went for a cigar trip so my group was around 60-70 people! The resort is very large but still everything is easily accessible. It felt like we had this resort TOTALLY reserved for us. Extremely exclusive and private unlike other resorts in surrounding areas like Punta Cana. Two different restaurants both with full bar. One is on the beach while the other is attached to the villas. There are also tons of water games / activities you can participate in. White plush cabanas located walking distance from your room and extremely helpful and hospitable staff on the beach to assist you and bring you cocktails of your liking.. Beautiful luxurious and private pool, you feel like you have the whole resort to yourself. For the golf enthusiasts there is also a beautiful course parallel to the beautiful ocean to enjoy.

Food: There was a beautiful spread for breakfast every morning with a menu of items made to order (eggs, omlettes, waffles, etc.) Spread included fresh juices, different hams, salamis, cheese, fruits etc. The restaurant at green jack tar is probably one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was so so fresh! There was a wide variety of menu items from seafood to your steaks and pastas. Try the ceviche you won't regret it! The portions were large, amazing pricing, and fast service. Can't beat that! Not to mention the cocktails from the bar were absolutely delicious. Just describe what type of flavors you want to Ramon and he will be able to concoct an amazing cocktail!

Service: Service is probably the highlight of the trip! The ENTIRE staff at Blue Jack Tar were absolutely amazing! From the owner Juan Morales, Jose Maria the manager of the resort, Lucrecia the queen and lady of the show to the driver Fernando, Ramon the cocktail waitress, and all the other staff everyone was so warm, welcoming and accomodating! They totally went 100% above and beyond and completely out of their way to make me feel so welcomed! Can't wait to go back next year!

Location: A less than 10 minute drive from the airport and all other attractions! Very safe environment and the resort has access to drivers that can show you around!

Room tip: Stayed numerous times and all rooms are furnished and decorated beautify, clean, comfortable and easily accessible to all resort amenities!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela Y
yenise n, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue JackTar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Guest;

It is for the Blue JackTar team a privilege to receive your comments, which help us to improve and stimulate the effort of all of us in the daily work.

We appreciate the time you have taken to comment on your experience on our property, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I thought the room will be closer to the beach, many pictures when booking are not realistic. for example, the pool is not that pretty, the rooms and restaurants. I booked this hotel because it was the only available in the area for that price. The service on the other hands, wasn't bad. Ahh....be ready, no hot water

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Nice hotel, the breakfast is nice and good, the staff y very kind and always smiling , the room is very clean and the air conditioner is perfect... very high recommended they have much parking space and so...

Room tip: Nice.... the only problem is the bath tub that the water leaves very very slowly
Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We enjoyed the friendly staff. Very Clean and relaxing. The food was very good I was surprised by all the options they offer. The bar has the best island drinks we have ever had. We would go back in a minute.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I was only in puerto plata for a night, specially for 27 charcos hike (which i highly recommend). I booked this place the night before. The cottage I got for #6 and it faced the road. I felt a little unsafe in the beginning because people coming in and out of the green apple could see right in my room.

The room itself was very pretty, I liked the decor, it was homey. The place was clean and small but good enough for me. After a while I realised they had a lot of security around so it wasnt really that scary.

I loved how close the beach is, there is a nice walkway through the main road that takes you to all the other resorts, restaurants and the mall.

My only complaint is that they dont have a map of all the restaurants in the Playa Dorada complex so you have to rely on google maps which is not very good either. They wont give you recommended restaurants or the information about the mall. So in general you are on your own, no real concierge here.

• Trip type: Travelled solo