25 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Official Hotel
US$131
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
US$141
Orbitz.comUS$182
FindHotelUS$136
getaroom.comUS$201
5,127 results
All reviews the pearl vip beach junior suite shuttle service blue lagoon casablanca buffet dominican republic entertainment staff ocean world dominican restaurant a lot of fun sushi bar great vacation a la cartes have a good time water aerobics julio
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2022 via mobile

If zero stars was an option that would be my choice. First and foremost the lobby for check in and out is a disaster. When we finally got to the room it smelled like a landfill in that area and it was windy so that just pushed the smell even more. We get to the room and there is zero cold water, what came out of the bathroom was boiling hot water. Like super hot, I complained to the front desk and they said they would send someone, but no one came. We were here with family for only 3 days and two nights so I just let it go since I figured that we would be leaving soon anyway. I noticed in the bathroom that it was super moist in the bathroom all day but I thought it was just poor ventilation. The window was bolted shut so I couldn't even open it for fresh air. Then at night when we were laying in bed the people above us started to shower and all the water came into our bathroom. The ceiling was literally caving in and debris was falling. That is super dangerous. We called the front desk they said they would send maintenance. We waited 20 mins and no one came we called again and they said someone will come. Another 20 minutes and still no one so we grabbed all our stuff and went to the front desk. They made us wait another 15 or 20 minutes for maintenence to get to the room and verify that it was as dangerous as we said it was. They moved us to another room which btw wasn't much better the air-conditioning leaked onto the floor and we almost slipped. When we checked out we complained to the guest services and they said we couldn't get even a partial refund for the dangerous situation they put us in. They said because of "company policy" , I guess their policy is to put people in danger and offer a late check out as compensation and a bottle of wine. They can keep their cheap bottle of wine. We came with a group of 32 people and everything we did they gave us issues. Especially at check in and out. You would think that a very large group that brought them lots of business they would take care of so that we could do our family reunion here for years to come. The food was low quality and the dinning rooms were hot and confusing. Not to mention that the beach alge gave my cousin a rash, and no one could enjoy the beach at all. Also unlike every other resort that i have ever been to they do not offer free wifi they give you 1 hour free a day and then you have to pay $7 a day or $45 a week. The only good thing was we didn't stay long and that the drinks were included. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Please don't spend your money here or any of their sister resorts they don't care about customer service and they don't care about their customers safety. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS !

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Management Team, General Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2022

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at Cofresi Palm.
Your review is very appreciated by us and your comments are very useful to improve our operation.
We have taken all your observations into consideration and shared them with the involved departments in order to detect possible shortcomings and opportunities for improvement.

Reviewed 19 July 2022

Honestly, this trip was the best time I ever had !

I met some cool people there and hung out with them right until we had to part ways at the airport. One year later, still friends with them.

THE STAFF IS THE BESTTTT ! Shout out to Yonathan, Melvin, Nestor, etc. at the sports bar close to our hotel ! They're so funny ! We went to the sports bar every night just to hang out with them. (They blasted the AC there so it felt good.) Yummy popcorn, amazing drinks.. that place is the best and I will go back to that resort just for that.

The room is nice - not fancy, not old. We had an issue with our toilet and there were ants on the counter and in the tub. I have no issue with ants, you can wash them away or let them be. They don't bite haha ! The toilet would flush when it wants. If I use the toilet and my partner uses it in the next hour or so, it won't flush. We asked the lobby if they can help us get it fixed and they had to come twice in a week.

The resort itself is nice. I love the pools. The beach is ... not that pretty. We decided to stay at the pools during our stay. The beach chairs were comfy. There were fun activities like dancing, exercise in the pool, bowling, etc. It's a pretty big resort and there are shuttles everywhere.

Now for the food.. HEAD OVER TO THE BUFFET SPORT AT THE OTHER RESORT RIGHT NEXT DOOR ! Go to the end of the resort and you'll see an entrance to another resort. I think it's the VIP place. The food there is amazing. It changes almost every day. So delicious. No offence but the one close to the lobby is trash haha.

The club is small and always packed haha. I love the big event they have on Sundays. I'm not sure if it's every week or because it's a special occasion but it was fun ! Huge buffet, drinks, a lot of dancing, you can even go on stage :P

To those who rated this resort a 1-2 : this is obviously a 4 star resort, not a fancy 5 star one. Make friends, talk to people and maybe your rating will change. Stop complaining over the tiniest things.

Date of stay: August 2021

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write about your stay in Cofresi Palm.
It is of great importance to know our guest´s experience in order to improve our services.
Thank you again for your detailed review, it is very useful for us to know your opinion.
It would be a pleasure to host you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2022

It was great to be back here after 3 long years away. However, coming in “low season” was a very different experience from our usual 7 previous Spring visits.

Animation: Fantastic and hard working as always. Despite their long hours, they always have a smile on their faces. It was nice to see familiar faces as well, especially since there was a lot of turnover due to the pandemic. We only went to 2 shows, but they were definitely well choreographed and practiced. They have always had great shows at this resort.

Guests: In springtime, the locals quietly flood the resort on weekends, and you feel their presence but lose nothing in service/quality. This is NOT the same in low season. Friday through Sunday (even Monday) is FULL of locals, due to the very low rate they pay at this time of year, and they are anything but quiet. They are loud, rude, drunk, impolite, and just generally disrespectful towards other guests and staff alike. I am pointing this out now because the rest of my review will reflect this.

Check-in: Upon arrival on Sunday afternoon, both check-in counters as well as the check-out counter were filled with locals arguing over anything and everything, but mostly fees. When the check-out line freed up, I tried to go there to check-in but was told that I had to wait for a check-in counter to open. After another 10 minutes, I went back to the check-out counter and said I wasn’t waiting anymore. All of the locals should be CHECKING-OUT, not blocking both check-in counters. He understood my point and processed my check-in immediately. Assuming this happens weekly, and not just coincidentally, they should have a counter specific for international travellers to check-in, especially after a 13hr day to get there.

Food: From Tuesday through Thursday the buffets were as they were before. Stocked with cereal, yogurt, bacon, and individually wrapped fruit plates. From Friday through Monday, they were barren. Not a piece of bacon in sight, no cereal or yogurt unless you asked for it (and even then), and barely a cup of coffee or acknowledgement from the staff. Why? Because of the locals. They line up for pizza, and don’t take a piece – they take the whole thing. The come up to the warming plates and grab the spoon (out of my 6yr old’s hand one time) and start taking enough food for an army, leaving nothing for the next person. They hog the attention of the staff, they order plates of food at the beach and simply walk away and leave them to waste, order drinks upon drinks at the bar and walk away again, and are generally wasteful. Because of this, food on these days was simple, cheap, poorly cooked, and the same every day. Weekends were the worst experience in terms of food for breakfast and lunch. However, the restaurants were as they should be! Excellent food, excellent service, quiet, and anticipated after a long day of fighting for your meals. Recommendation: Go for breakfast early, eat lunch on the beach if you have VIP, and book restaurants on Friday through Monday!

Rooms and Pools: Always well maintained, no issues with hot water, towels, pool loungers, beach beds etc… We did have HORRIBLE neighbours the first 5 nights there, but this is not the hotels fault. I waited them out, with their 12-2am screaming, but after numerous complaints from others in our building, they were finally removed from their rooms and placed elsewhere for the remainder of their stay. We did avoid the pools on the weekend as the locals seem to prefer them over the ocean they can have any time. We stuck to the beach on the weekend and found it to be much more peaceful.

Excursions: We took a trip to Ocean World, our 3rd time here, and it was excellent as expected. The only thing I would recommend is that you walk over yourself for opening, because the shuttle bus picks you up quite late and you lose a good hour or more at the park. The walk is only 10-15 minutes from the hotel. Definitely book through the hotel, because we added the Dolphin Encounter at the park and it was an additional 10$ more per person and at a much worse exchange rate.

Overall, it was a much-needed vacation and I am so happy that we went. However, if I go in low season again, I will make sure to plan my days/dinners accordingly. It really did make the weekend less pleasurable.

Room tip: Building 40-41 are our preferred rooms
Date of stay: June 2022

Reviewed 19 July 2022 via mobile

We were a little concerned given some of the reviews, but this resort was very nice. Our room was a junior suite and it was fabulous! No complaints, it was large and clean. It is true you don’t flush toilet paper in the DR, but remarkably nothing ever smelled and they actually have matches and a candle if you need to use that. Housekeeping was great, and yes you do have to walk quite a bit. But it’s a large property and there are lots of steps and hills but you’re near the beach and mountains. Duh! It’s gorgeous- I have no complaints. Several of the restaurants are being remodeled so there weren’t as many places to eat. But there wasn’t a long wait to get food. The food was fine, it was good. Getting restaurant reservations on the weekend might be difficult because of owners but we got reservations during the week just fine. Do they cater to owners and people who have memberships, yes! But what place wouldn’t? Do they they to get you to buy i , yes- just keep saying “No thanks!” And the ‘tour’ of the property is the sales pitch team… do it or don’t do it. So that was not an issue for us, we had a great time and I would definitely stay at the Cofresi again. (Now, there were some older looking buildings that didn’t look as nice from the outside, so maybe if you get one of those, your room experience might be different.) And this was the first resort that had powdered creamer at every restaurant (cremola is what they call it). We are lactose sensitive, so we travel with our own, but they had it and made sure we had enough for our room!

Room tip: The taxi drivers who bring you from the airport might be much cheaper to take you excursions than the people at the resort. Just ask them!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Your review and comments are very appreciated by us in order to improve our operation.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2022

This trip could’ve easily been the worst vacation ever if it wasn’t for one individual… Wilfredo (El Fory). In my opinion the people weren’t that friendly and the hotel seemed to prioritize their own over tourists. First of all, the website of this hotel advertised free WiFi for all guests however when we got there this was not the case. Each guest was only allowed 1 hour of free WiFI per 24 hours( every day)… 1 hour??? So you can imagine how troublesome this was for a trip that lasted for 5 days. Any other addition WiFI had to be paid for, $45 for a week per person which I ended up paying for and still, the connection was the worst. There were parts of the hotel where the internet connection wasn’t even available, one of those places being my room even though I was told I would be able to use it anywhere on the resort. Secondly, I was traveling with 2 other family members so we received 3 towel cards. These were supposed to be traded in for towels at the pool. Keep in mind if a towel is misplaced, it’s an additional $20. We left our towels on the pool chair along with our belongings on the first day that we arrived and Ofcourse it gets stolen which the hotel failed to mention was a regular occurrence. When we explained the situation, they notified us that there was nothing that could be done and we had to pay that additional fee even though it wasn’t our fault. The trip consisted of all meals included and let me say some of the servers were not too nice. We sat at a table until we were finished eating without receiving any drinks while we watched other tables around us being serviced, clearly we were being ignored. When we asked someone for drinks he quickly brushed us off and began serving other tables, and never returned. Among all of the this there was only one good thing about this trip and that was Wilfredo (El Fory). Wilfredo’s service was exceptional. He didn’t wait for us to order drinks, he served us drinks that he thought we would like as soon as he saw that our glasses were almost empty and I must say that those cocktails were the best on the entire resort. He was very attentive and always made sure we were having a good time whenever we were at the pool. He even made sure that he always had food at the bar for us after one of my family members mentioned that she didn’t like to drink too much without eating first. Overall, Wilfredo’s (El Fory’s) awesome service is what ended up making this trip worth while. While we will never ever visit the Dominican Republic again or atleast if we do, it would most likely be a different hotel, Wilfredo’s (El Fory’s) exceptional service deserves recognition.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank teneshiat2022
The Management Team, General Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2022

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at Cofresi Palm Hotel.
We will share your nice words with Wilfredo!!