“A professional, and caring company who's main priority is safety not profit.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diwa Dominicana

Diwa Dominicana
Ranked #13 of 41 Tours in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in the Dominican Republic Puerto Plata!We provide quality customer service in English, Spanish and Danish, and above all a very friendly and professional environment.We scuba dive in Puerto Plata and Sosua in the Dominican Republic, it offers ideal conditions for scuba diving and snorkeling, as the bay is relatively calm all year round. Perfect place for beginners and more experienced scuba divers. Only a 20 min drive AWAY.Sosua Bay offers beautiful dive sites, you can enjoy the "Zingara Wreck" at depth 28-36m and the "Tree Rocks" at 10-20m. There are more than 15 different places to dive, offering a wide variety of sites for all scuba divers.We provide dive packages for certified, PADI diving courses, specialty courses, discover scuba diving and snorkeling.
Perth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A professional, and caring company who's main priority is safety not profit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I visited Diwa for the first time on holiday in August 2010, with my son. After receiving advise from Chi Chi, due to medical concerns I was unable to do my introductory dive, unlike my son who had a fantastic introduction experience. It was very apparent that safety was far more important than profit to Chi Chi and his lovely wife Katja, despite them loosing my business !
Not to be disheartened, I returned to Dominican Republic with my family again in July 2011, with my medical concerns sorted, my 11 year old son and I completed and passed our open water padi certificate.
Chi Chi and Katja make a fantastic, caring, friendly but at all times very professional team. They have so much patience to make it a truly memorable experience for all the right reasons.
We would highly recommend this company, if you 're young or old and with or without any diving experience DIWA will look after your every need.

6 Thank 777Mandy

Lancashire, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Diwa Dominicana comes to the rescue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

After a torrid dive with another local dive company, I was put in touch with Diwa Dominicana by the "man on the beach". I spoke to Chi Chi and told him what had happened with the previous dive company, he assured me that it wouldn't happen with his company and that safety was his primary concern. Chi Chi picked my son and I up the following day and took us to his shop, after a look round and a chat with his wife Katja I was impressed and signed up for a series of dives.
To say that my son and I had a wonderful time is an understatement. Chi Chi was true to his word and the dive kit was almost brand new and in an a range of sizes.
I would recommend DIWA Dominicana to anyone in the diving community. This is a company that will go the extra mile to ensure that you have a fabulous dive. I tried to pick fault, and you know what....I COULDN'T.
So from my son and I many thanks, and if you stay anywhere near to the golf course in Puerto Plata and want to dive, give him a ring.

10 Thank Pete O
Athens, Tx
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Professional and attentive dive shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great price. Professional and courteous service. Our dive master was Tommy who was very attentive. Rental equipment in excellent condition. They sent a taxi to our resort to pick us up at no additional charge. The only reason I rated them 4 stars was they lease boats from another company. A couple of times the boat operator had to make an extra stop that had nothing to do with us, and once we were all loaded up when we were told to switch boats for some mysterious reason. Tanks were laid out on the deck and we had to keep our feet on them to keep them from rolling around. In between dives we had to return to shore to switch tanks. Also on a couple dives we had to swim a good 100 yards to the boat against the swells which was pretty exhausting. Most operators we've used in the past will bring the boat to the divers. Hopefully the shop will continue to grow so they can purchase their own boat in the future. I would definately use them again if we return to Puerta Plata

5 Thank BrianAthens_Tx
diwadominicana, Owner at Diwa Dominicana, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you so much for your review, Always good with positive and negative feedback so we can make things better for the next time.. will defently take all in consideration.
Pasadena
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The only company we will dive with in Puerto Plata!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

These guys were great. First of all, my husband and I had our own gear minus tanks and weight. Chi Chi offered to keep it at the shop (we dove with them on 3 separate days) and rinse it for us so we wouldn't have to worry about it at the resort. He did this, and our gear was ready for us each day. They also picked us up for free and took us to the shop to get ready. We dove with Moses the first day with just my husband and I, then with Chi Chi and Moses the other 2 days with another couple from our resort. They were both fantastic! Very laid back and professional. The other couple we were with were very new divers and Chi Chi made sure to keep a close eye on them and they felt really good about the whole experience too. One day, there was a problem at the harbor we were supposed to take the boat out of. Chi Chi was able to speak to the harbor master and get out boat out to meet us at another location. Again, these guys are a small family company and nothing but the best!!!

Visited August 2010
4 Thank Natalieyoder
San Diego
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The perfect first experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Our family of 5, including our 3 kids ranging from 17-24, had our first scuba experience with Diwa Dominicana. It could not have been better. I started correspondence with Katija, one of the owners, online before we left. She gave me an updated weather review and made suggestions on day and time based on that info. Just as scheduled and promised, we were picked up at our hotel and taken to the shop right in Puerta Plata. Having decided on the Beginning Scuba excursion, the preparation was brief but thorough and we were out in the water before we knew it. With two guides our family felt totally comfortable and confident exploring the undersea life. I had trouble with my mask and ChiChi patiently showed me how to adjust and remedy the problem The whole time we were underwater they were pointing out interesting sights and snapping pictures as we fed the fish. It was absolutely wonderful with no problems at all. The equipment was excellent and we never doubted our safety. When we returned to the dive shop, they gave us a DVD of our pics. We could not have asked for a better experience. Our suggestion is to pay in cash to save a little money. Don't hesitate to contact them before you leave to have a thorough idea of what to expect and make sure you can narrow down a day.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank cutiepiefromSD
diwadominicana, Owner at Diwa Dominicana, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Remember to take your course :) thank you so much for the review and nice words, any time.