“Awesome”
Review of Diwa Dominicana

Diwa Dominicana
Ranked #17 of 47 Tours in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in the Dominican Republic Puerto Plata!We provide quality customer service in English, Spanish and Danish, and above all a very friendly and professional environment.We scuba dive in Puerto Plata and Sosua in the Dominican Republic, it offers ideal conditions for scuba diving and snorkeling, as the bay is relatively calm all year round. Perfect place for beginners and more experienced scuba divers. Only a 20 min drive AWAY.Sosua Bay offers beautiful dive sites, you can enjoy the "Zingara Wreck" at depth 28-36m and the "Tree Rocks" at 10-20m. There are more than 15 different places to dive, offering a wide variety of sites for all scuba divers.We provide dive packages for certified, PADI diving courses, specialty courses, discover scuba diving and snorkeling.
Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Chi Chi, & Katja are great people to dive with and my wife and I were the only ones that day so we had lots of one-on-one. They were great and loved what they did, katja was awesome at responding to e-mails and Chi Chi was a joy to dive with.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank lonestarw

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great people, fantastic dive sites, and best prices”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

It was my first time for me and my wife in Peurto Plata, Dominican Republic, and we both like diving. We were introduced to Diwa diving center, what a great, profissional and friendly people. We were so happy with our experience. Chi Chi and Katia made our diving vacation so special. they treated us attentively, it felt like getting a personal treatment from our own familyl. Chi Chi is a great teacher, very easy going, professional, and funny. Because of Diwa we were able to earn Advance Open Water license with great excitement and enjoyment. The Beuatifull and excellent diving sites in Sosua and amazing treatment from Diwa's Owners(ChI Chi & Katia) and staff will defintley have us go back for more fun diving time. Thanks very much Chi Chi and Katia for making our vaction and diving experience so special...:)
Moe & Dalia

Visited April 2011
5 Thank camellolatino
diwadominicana, Owner at Diwa Dominicana, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you so much for your nice words, we loved to have you diving with us and do hope you will be back in the furture.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Friendly & Professional”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My girlfriend and I booked our diving with Diwa due to the excellent reviews on here, and we were not disappointed! Chi Chi and Katja are a great team and very friendly and welcoming. I am already an advanced open water diver, but my girlfriend had never dived before, not even snorkelled lol, but wanted to be able to share the diving experience, so she did the open water course. Chi Chi was very patient and reassuring throughout and I think that she may well of given up had she tried to learn elsewhere! Now she has passed, and is very glad she learned at Diwa. The equipment there is excellent, and the diving was done in Sosua, where the vis is excellent and conditions calm, very suitable for beginners, but also pleasurable for experienced divers.

Overall, we were delighted to dive with Diwa, and it was great to meet both Chi Chi and Katja who are great people. We sincerely hope to return and dive with them again!

Lee & Leanne.

Visited March 2011
4 Thank taxi_1ee
Always nice to have great people diving with you, even it was only my husband you dove with. and thank you so much for the nice review. do hope to see you both again...
Rockville, MD
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We had a great time diving with Cheech and company. My boyfriend and I both got certified for Open Water diving and loved every minute of it. They were very professional and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank kfbrooks
Edmonton, Alberta
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Professional, safe and friendly! I highly recommend Diwa!”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Arranged for a Discover Scuba excursion with Diwa Dominicana for myself, a girlfriend and her 12 y/o son. He and I were first time divers and were pretty nervous. Chi Chi made us feel safe, confident and comfortable. He took his time and made our first dive an amazing experience. I was hooked after the first dive and decided to get my PADI Open Water with Chi Chi. He is such a genuine and friendly man that you can't help but feel comfortable with him. He takes the time to explain things properly and is open to any questions. I appreciated the one on one attention the most. I met Katja briefly as well and she was so warm and friendly.

The one thing I noticed in the Dominican is that there is always someone trying to sell you something. I was pressured at my hotel into a dive package with another company even though I told them I just wanted to do a discover dive first. I then discovered Diwa and cancelled with the other centre. Diwa is about keeping the customer happy and safe. There was NO pressure to take extra courses or spend extra money. Chi Chi genuinely wanted us to enjoy our diving experience and we truly did. That level of professionalism is what made me want to continue to do my Open Water with them. There really isn't much more I can say that hasn't been touched on by other reviewers. I just really recommend Diwa, you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2011