9 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline
US$180
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$159
Booking.comUS$180
Hotels.comUS$159
TravelocityUS$159
7,739 results
All reviews blue bay alfredo spa pool beach bar animation team jade garden seafood chateaubriand a la carte restaurants fried chicken dominican republic beach vendors paradise island buffet restaurant pineapple pasta bar main pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2022

We spent one week at this adult only resort. A reminder that this is not an all-inclusive resort. You get 2 small cans of beer in the mini bar for the whole week. We were supposed to have also a big bottle of water per day. We did not get anything the last 2 days. You have to pay for the safe, wifi if not included in your package, etc…
We had a superior room and I recommend it, comfortable bed, big closet, large balcony. If it was not for the condo built between the hotel and the seafront, we would have had a wonderful ocean view. Too bad.
Food is just average. The buffet is OK but the “steak house” is bad. I think it is the way they prepare the meat. It looses all the texture and the taste. Everything, especially the fish, is very very salty.
Be prepared to be approached by 10-12 vendors on the beach every day. We were also approached by a few people for the Circle One. We just said “no” and it was fine. I doubt that it is worth.
It is true that the resort is occupied with local people on the week-end and it can be noisy. It did not bother us maybe because our room was located far from the pool and bar, in the spa area which I really recommend. It is a very relaxing area, less people and a nice small pool.
The beach has golden sands and it is usually very windy in the afternoon. Enough palapas but it can be another story if the hotel is full.

Overall, the resort is well maintained and cleaned. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Room tip: Quiet areas in the spa area, rooms with large balconies, second floor facing the bay.
1  Thank marienat
Alfredo Mogollón , Director General at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2022

Dear Valuable custumer,

Thank you very much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas to spend your holidays and fot taking the time to share your experience.

Each one of our reviews is highly important to us. Allow me to let you know that your observations are construtive and motivate us to work in theses areas, as our priority , will always be your satisfaction and confort.

I truly hope you will grant us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to present you the improvements reached due to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

Nothing but great things to say about everything in general. Wonderful personnel, the food is very delicious, and the view of both the hotel and the beach are just wonderful. I would definitely come back. From the moment you arrive at the front desk you will be Delighted by the view and the relaxing atmosphere. I definitely have to mention two person in specific alfredo and berlyn. Very funny guy's and very Charismatic. They will be the person in change of making sure you have lots of fun with the dancing, yoga, exercises, walking along the beach and a Tour of the area on a bike. Also if you want great pictures taken darlin in the guy to go to . It truly was a wonderful experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alfredo Mogollón , Director General at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Dear Hairob,

Thank you very much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas to spend your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience.

We area happy to hear you have enjoyed your holidays and the services we offer. Thank you for highlinghting our saff, we will share your comments with all them so the can continue offering a personalizad and exceptional custumer dervices.

Reviewed 18 July 2022 via mobile

It’s my 10th time visiting this resort and the reason I keep going back is the wonderful feeling of welcoming I get from the staff
They are the friendliest staff I have met in all my travels from the check in staff to the animation team
It’s a small resort one can walk to all amenities in 2 mins great for someone with mobility issues
The rooms are very clean with lots of closet space but dated if you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy this is the place for you
The food is great and the steaks in la carte restaurant are awesome as well as Chinese food in Jade Gardens
There is lots of activities to partake in throughout the day and entertainment nightly as well as a party on beach
This is a fabulous resort and I will be going back

Room tip: The safe is 3.00 per day and unless you got a premium room you would have to pay for wifi
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alfredo Mogollón , Director General at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2022

Dear valuable custumer,

Thank you very much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas as your home away from home.

It is a real pleasure to read your comments and know that it is not your first time.
We are glad to know that you liked our entertainment program wich was organized specially for you to enjoy it.
Thank you for highlighting our staff we will share your comments with all them so they can continue offering a personalized and exceptional custumer services.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2022 via mobile

My friend and I were at this resort for 2weeks may 20 -June 4 it’s my 10th time being at bluebay my friend has been there 7 times
The staff is the friendliest I’ve met it’s what makes me go back
The resort is small and not far to walk to all areas but very clean and tidy
The rooms are dated but clean and there’s lots of closet space
There is a variety of food in cafeteria one can always find something they like the la a carte restaurants is great the steaks is the best and Chinese food is delicious
The entertainment is great something different every night the team makes sure that you are welcomed and do a great job of including the audience in every thing
I would recommend this resort to anyone

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alfredo Mogollón , Director General at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2022

Dear Yvonne C,

Thank you very much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas t osped your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience.
We are happy to read you have enjoyed your holidays and the services we offer.

We hope to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2022

Overall the trip was awesome!

Pros:
I would tell everyone to get the VIP package. It was totally worth it, we are able to enjoy premium drinks by the pool, have WiFi, and just relax. The staff for the most was amazing. Darend who I believe was the concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgeable towards me and my husband. He showed us around and greeted us with a smile every morning. The front desk staff was amazing and knowledgeable as well. The housekeeping staff made sure our room was neat and clean everyday, simply amazing! We were very pleased. The activities at the resort was fun also, I felt bad that I did not know enough Spanish but that is clearly something I have to work on. I do wish that the excursions to the city was set up by the resort itself, I would feel much better if it had been.

Cons:
This is just an experience that was relegated to just me. As a "VIP member" my husband and I enjoyed the use of the jacuzzi and private beach area for the VIP guests. We enjoyed it up until the last full day we were there. The resort was setting up a publicity shoot for their brand and I was just entering the area, I asked if I was in the way, I was not. Now, my husband and I were there for a week by now, we had our wristbands on and utilized this area for a week. As I was entering the area a woman follows me in and asks "can I help you?' I replied, "help with what?" She then asked me if I spoke French. I showed her my wristband and she still assumed I didn't belong there. She ended up walking away after that. Luckily, my husband saw and was able to set her straight, she didn't apologize to me by the way. My issue was that she immediately thought I did not belong there. She didn't even ask if I was a member. I understand that people are trying to do their jobs but a little decorum goes a long way.

Anyways, it was a great resort, a lot of opportunities to relax. I cannot wait to see the updates for this resort!

Room tip: Rooms near the beach are quieter.
1  Thank adiahae
Alfredo Mogollón , Director General at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2022

Dear Adiahae,

Firt and foremost, allow me to greatly thank you for your recent visit to BlueBay Villas Doradas and for sharing your experince.

Each one of our reviews is highly important to us. allow me to let you know that your observations are construtive and motivate us to work in theses areas, as our priority will always be your satisfactions and confort.

It is a real pleasure to read your comments and know that you enjoyed your holidays and the services.

Thank you for higlighting our staff we will share you comments with all them so they can continue offering a personalizad and exceptional custumer services.

Best Regards,