27 people are viewing this hotel
US$158
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$158
Destinia.com
US$138
Iberostar.comUS$158
Hotels.comUS$166
PricelineUS$158
9,126 results
All reviews pepsi cola orchid garden hulu hulu japanese restaurant lobby bar main buffet dominican republic entertainment team emailed the hotel seafood paradise island every other day kids club a la carte restaurants lot of seaweed dom rep shrimp
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2022

I read a ton of reviews before booking and hoped that the negative reviews were just picky people who complain often. I am a pretty relaxed "go with the flow" kind of person, but this resort just wasn't what we wanted it to be.

I came here with my wife and 3 teens for 7 days in July 2022. We upgraded to Star Prestige mostly to avoid the terrible check in process I had read a lot about. When we arrived, we were brought through the most crowded lobby I had ever seen and we were able to check in at the Star Prestige lounge. We have no complaints about the Star Prestige service and the special area on the beach reserved for Star Prestige was worth the money. But when checking in, they explained that any charges to our room would mean that we would have to check OUT in the main lobby. Every day, between noon and 5pm, that lobby is a zoo. Therefore, we avoided using the laundry service or any spa services because we did NOT want to check out in the main lobby.

We had a two-bedroom family room. It was clean, but definitely outdated. The safe and phone in our room didn't work. Both rooms had only 2 free outlets. Both bathrooms had no shower curtains in the tubs so water ended up everywhere after a rinse. Our room faced the pool and we were woken up around 6am by leaf blowers clearing the path every morning.

The food was okay, tons of variety, but we were sick of it by day 4. There are times when the buffet gets super busy and it was hard for us to find a table. Domingo served us most days and he was the best part of our stay. One day, when my son was sick, I tried to bring him a plate from the buffet to the room so he could eat, but they stopped me and told me it wasn't allowed. That was ridiculous.

The pool was massive and we were so excited about swimming in it. But by the early afternoon, the pool is crowded, hot, dirty, and loud. Many locals swarm the pool bar and simply do not act like they are at a 5 star resort. We saw tons of vaping, extremely loud yelling, and several couples dancing on the bar stools imitating sex acts.

We stopped going to the pool area and spent almost every day at the Star Prestige area of the beach, which was great. It was clean, the beds were nice, and the service was awesome. The water had little to no seaweed every day.

The Iberostar app barely worked so we had a hard time finding scheduled activities. My wife went to the gym one morning for a workout class listed on the app, but no one was there. We saw a few people coming around asking us to participate in darts or archery, but that was it.

The restaurants were okay. Japanese: there was no communication from the second we sat down. We sat for 10 minutes before anyone came over to take a drink order. Several people from our table got up and went to the lobby bar to get their own drinks. The hibachi chef kept repeating "papi chulo" which we learned means pimp daddy. The food was okay but there was zero customer service.

The Italian restaurant was bad. I was served an extremely undercooked pizza and my son's pasta was soggy.

The Mexican restaurant had the best food, but DURING dinner, a server came over and tried to get us to sign into the app to leave a review WHILE EATING. It was extremely rude.

I stayed at a Club Med in Mexico for 10 days and had wished I booked several more days. At this resort, I had wished I booked less days. We were all ready to go home by day 4.

If you love dancing, drinking, and being loud, this is the resort for you. If you want to read by the pool or go for a nice relaxing swim, pick a different place.

Room tip: Building 7 facing the pool was loud in the mornings.
1  Thank EKMurphy16
Rossina Garcia, Marketing at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

Dear Guest:

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our Iberostar Costa Dorada hotel for your vacation and for dedicating part of your valuable time to giving us your impressions and constructive criticism.

I would like to begin by offering you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. As you can see in most of the comments on this opinion portal, our hotel takes great care in the good care and services it offers its customers and we enjoy good levels of satisfaction for it. All this makes us take your observations very carefully because we cannot allow even a slight decline in the excellence of our services and facilities. Each of your observations has been analyzed by our board of directors, who are carrying out the pertinent verifications in the areas you mention to detect flaws in our actions and to be able to apply the necessary measures to correct them.

At Iberostar we know that each comment is a tool that can help us improve on our path to excellence and we thank you for the opportunity you offer us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to make up for this experience with an even better one at any of our excellent hotels around the world.

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Costa Dorada

Reviewed 4 August 2022

My stay was wonderful relaxing thanks to the wonderful staff. Courteous helpful .give you a feeling you are home .Loved it Can't wait to be back. I like spending my time by the beach with Margarita as companion

Date of stay: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank serge p
Reviewed 31 July 2022

I went here for a 6-day family vacation, and not sure how some people gave this place a 5-star review.
Pros
FOOD - excellent tasting food. The food was well seasoned and had a good variety of authentic Dominican foods.

Maid service - They did a decent job cleaning the rooms daily but should try to use some time of Clorox/mildew sprays to clean the bathrooms better that have mildew; otherwise, it's just going to get worse in the long run.

Buffet service - Server Heneroso was very kind and welcoming to us. He set a table for us every day we came to the buffet. Always gave us a clean well-set table.

Spa - 5 of us received massages and they were amazing. Forgot to get names but everyone loved their service.

Cons
Cleanliness - Not sure if they are short-staffed, but they really need to do a better job cleaning in all areas.
The pool was disgusting. They should invest in a floor vacuum or a better nightly cleaning system because every day the pool had a lot of particles sitting on the floor of the pool. I can understand bugs, but it was just plain dirty.
The pool area was also not cleared out as well. People just left dirty swim diapers, cups, and food, around the food area, and no one would come around to pick items up.
Buffet tables, lobby area tables. There were times when going to buffet and lobby areas where tables were not cleaned off and set for new patrons. So if you walked in, you would need to ask someone to clean off a table. I would need to carry wet wipes to wipe the tables down myself.

The check-in process was horrible. We arrived pretty early (noon), so we expected to wait for a room. Considering we were early, we would get a room by check-in time, 3 pm. NOPE. So expected to wait a long time and did not seem to care.

You can't take food out of the buffet area to take back to your room. This is the first time we have experienced this in an all-inclusive resort. You should be able to bring food back to your room, especially when the buffet area isn't cleaned appropriately to even sit and eat. Why not get to enjoy a late-night snack on your room balcony instead of a crowded cafeteria?

Drinks - although bar staff were attentive and nice. There isn't a variety of drinks they know how to make or even have the ingredients to make and the drinks weren't very strong. You'd probably never get tipsy unless you were taking shots.

The waiting in line etiquette with locals at the buffet is nonexistent. They will just cut right in front of you without blinking an eye.

We usually go to Punta Cana but we wanted to try this area of DR since my husband, and his family are Dominican and wanted to experience a more local feel. But this is not the place to go if you are looking for cleanliness and somewhat luxury.

Room tip: The ocean view is decent. The higher floor would be better than the ground floor
1  Thank Likestotravel316
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, General Manager at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this comment about your stay with us.

We are convinced of the importance of guaranteeing high standards of cleanliness in each of our services in order to offer each of our clients a memorable stay. We offer our sincerest apologies for not having made it this time.

We greatly appreciate and value the time you have spent sharing your experiences with us and giving us the opportunity to fix them and continue to work on continuous improvement.

We hope you will give us a second chance to offer you a much better stay in the future.

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Costa Dorada

Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

We were a group of 15 and the resort was pretty full, but we didn’t have issues with lounge chairs at pool or beach. The drinks were fine as was breakfast. I was not a fan of the rest of the food, hibachi, Italian or buffet. It’s not an expensive all inclusive so going offsite to a restaurant a couple times is well worth it. U might also have issues with the AC on the 3rd fl of the beach front rooms. All in all a good choice, but you get what you pay for.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jwgolf664
Reviewed 29 July 2022

Best service and the property was well kept The entertainment in pool area was great . The people were great and food was delicious People were always willing to help. They also played fun game soft all ages As I was there with my son and family. Kept everyone having a blast

Trip type: Travelled with family