Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Presidential Suites by Lifestyle(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$201
  • Pool
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$319
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$195
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I just got back from this resort and I want to share my experience I really loved this resort from the time I arrived there check in was nice and easy because of my disability I asked to give me a room on the first floor and easy access to everything they got me nice room close to everything everybody was nice and friendly from the bartenders to the waiters very professional staff resort is very clean food in the restorants simple nothing fancy but fresh and tasty you can find something to eat 24 hours I have been in Dominican republic many times before and I stayed in 5starr resorts in Punta canal but this is the first 100precent good experience that wants me to go back to this wonderful resort only one little think cheap alcohol I hope make some improvement with that I want to thank all the staff that made my stay there happy and I hope to be back

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Faina K
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I love Puerto Plata. We had such a great time here. The place is beautiful. The people are so friendly. I loved touring the area. It was definitely something to see. This is my 2nd time here & I can't wait to go back & visit again. The Dominican Republic is an awesome place to see. We got to tour the outback, a school, a house. It was fantastic to see all of the island.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a scam. You can see it was once a beautiful place, however, will soon be closed. The grounds are unmaintained, power has been off more then on. Apparently the hotel generator exploded the day before our arrival, but speaking to other guests had been that way for sometime. The rooms are dirty, air conditioners don't work, mini bar doesn't work. Water is not provided in the room neither is coffee or cups.
The staff is very good for the conditions they are working in. The management is in responsive and rude. Our first night the general manager had a fight with a guest.
I have stayed at several resorts with the same star rating in the same area, have never had an experience like this.
In fact an eavestrough fell off and almost hit people in the pool.
NOT RECOMMENDED.
All nationalities, all ages and the general conversation is how disappointing this hotel is.
AGAIN NOT RECOMMENDED.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank keith H
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

If all your looking for is a place to lay your head, it's probably ok. Don't expect a clean room, clean sheets, or clean towels because you have to ask several times and then track down the maid. No hot water for showers. All we had in the room was a bed, 2 end tables, and a TV.
Food for the most part uneatable. Forget asking the front desk for anything, very rude. Good luck with the aircanada rep. I called twice with issues and was told it wasn't his problem, my girlfriend called 3 times and no answer or return call. Beware of excursions you take with William, the island was awsome but buggy trip really sucked. Grego from the beach had an awsome horse excursion on the beach.
Internet access was sketchy and unreliable.
We will go to Puerta Plata again, but NOT to Playa dora beach house resort .

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I went on a cruise to the Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata). The island is beautiful and the people and cultural was amazing. I did a tour of the island which included a visit to their local church, the chocolate factory, the rum factory and lunch (Sanchoco with rice and avocado)on a property that was filled with agricultural. I was so pleased with the tour, I plan to fly back and stay for a week in this beautiful country called the Dominican Republic.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family