Lowest prices for your stay
US$103
US$83
Hotels.com
US$103
TravelocityUS$103
Orbitz.comUS$103
All reviews mosquito net dominican republic private bathroom authentic dominican experience airport pickup el charco swimming pool is hot water horseback riding an excursion casita dr bugs sosua electricity
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2022

My family is originally from Dominican Republic and I wanted to stay away from the tourist-y area (especially during COVID). My boyfriend and I are really into nature and tranquility so this place was the best for distance from major tourist areas but close to activities (or at least offered some). Tubagua Ecolodge worked with us during the airport pick up, accommodated the meals we missed (because we were out) and reserved horse back riding with taxi service! The ecolodge offers a hike to a private natural pool where the hike was breath taking and the guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. All of the staff was extremely nice and the food was authentic and delicious every single time. I liked that there was no menu, all visitors were served more or less the same delicious food but every meal everyday is different (and healthy!)

The purpose of this ecolodge is to be close to nature and relax, I loved every second of it.

Room tip: Casita has a private balcony and amazing outside shower
Reviewed 28 January 2022

I loved this place! The family running it and the staff are fantastic, the food is great and the Ecolodge as a whole was beautiful and tranquil. Stunning views, lovely hike to the small waterfalls. I really felt at home here. It’s all open air, expect a few bugs and a more rustic approach to living, great view from the bathroom, and hot water! The Lodge is within the community therefore there are some noises that are unavoidable (vehicles and music) but they don’t tend to go late into the night! Have been telling everyone about it!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

This was an all day tour from a cruise ship. What fun we had….from planting coffee beans for the villagers to tasting the delicious coffee. We saw every step in the process and knew some of what we paid went to the community. I met an Austrian family who was staying there….raves about how great it was!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 930sueh
Reviewed 30 December 2021 via mobile

This was the best 2 days I have spent anywhere. The atmosphere is friendly. The food was incredibly delicious. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating… I can’t say enough about it. Very clean! Worth the stay. I will go back! ( can’t wait)

Room tip: Book in advance because they fill up fast!
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2021

Writing this review, I still feel like I am on cloud nine, reminiscing on the one-of-a-kind experience that I had while visiting paradise on Earth. As a Dominican residing in the United States, I was in need of an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life (plus, it was my birthday and I wanted to do something special). Tubagua was that and more. From the moment I drove up to the lodge, I felt that I was in the most magical place for various reasons. I was immediately awestruck by the rustic beauty of the building structures, the landscape, and the amenities (including the pool). But, the view..the panoramic view is the most attractive feature. It's an exhilarating sight that makes you feel like you're on top of the world, while being connected to nature. The only challenge was waking up early from the most comfortable sleep to witness the sunrise.

On that note, the rooms are very unique and ideal for those that are yearning for an outdoors experience with vast amenities. Particularly, the casita that's below the restaurant is phenomenal. It included a comfortable bed with a traditional mosquito net, hot water, electricity, and that view that left me enamored and planning to return soon.

The service and hospitality is top-notch. I had the pleasure of interacting with the employees, as well as the owner and his family. Incredible kind and pleasant human beings that make the experience even more special. I am grateful to Tim, Jesse, Alfredo, Perla Taina, and everyone else that I met at Tubagua. It's aways a gratifying experience to meet people that care for the environment and its well-being. In terms of food...wow. I don't what I was looking forward to the most, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Everything was absolutely exquisite. It was also a plus to have Wifi to post the many "Instagram worthy" pictures!

If you enjoy nature and you seek the authentic Dominican experience, at another level, this is the ideal place. More than an ecolodge, it's an oasis. You'll definitely believe it when you reach the El Charco de los Militares or "God's Swimming Pool" after a pleasant hike in Alfredo's company. If the stunning mountain views aren't enough, the crystalline water will surely impress you.

I recommend Tubagua as the perfect getaway with your friends, significant other and/or family. Even as a sole traveler, you’ll enjoy the experience. It’s an oasis filled with the wonder, beauty and simplicity that will satisfy the wanderlust and the adventurers, the city dwellers, as well as those that reside in the countryside. You won't regret it!

Room tip: The casita offers a lot of privacy and extra comfort.
Date of stay: November 2021