Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
TravelocityUS$83
Orbitz.comUS$83
TripadvisorUS$83
All reviews mosquito net dominican republic private bathroom authentic dominican experience el charco swimming pool is hot water horseback riding an excursion casita bugs electricity
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

This was an all day tour from a cruise ship. What fun we had….from planting coffee beans for the villagers to tasting the delicious coffee. We saw every step in the process and knew some of what we paid went to the community. I met an Austrian family who was staying there….raves about how great it was!!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 930sueh
Reviewed 30 December 2021 via mobile

This was the best 2 days I have spent anywhere. The atmosphere is friendly. The food was incredibly delicious. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating… I can’t say enough about it. Very clean! Worth the stay. I will go back! ( can’t wait)

Room tip: Book in advance because they fill up fast!
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2021

Writing this review, I still feel like I am on cloud nine, reminiscing on the one-of-a-kind experience that I had while visiting paradise on Earth. As a Dominican residing in the United States, I was in need of an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life (plus, it was my birthday and I wanted to do something special). Tubagua was that and more. From the moment I drove up to the lodge, I felt that I was in the most magical place for various reasons. I was immediately awestruck by the rustic beauty of the building structures, the landscape, and the amenities (including the pool). But, the view..the panoramic view is the most attractive feature. It's an exhilarating sight that makes you feel like you're on top of the world, while being connected to nature. The only challenge was waking up early from the most comfortable sleep to witness the sunrise.

On that note, the rooms are very unique and ideal for those that are yearning for an outdoors experience with vast amenities. Particularly, the casita that's below the restaurant is phenomenal. It included a comfortable bed with a traditional mosquito net, hot water, electricity, and that view that left me enamored and planning to return soon.

The service and hospitality is top-notch. I had the pleasure of interacting with the employees, as well as the owner and his family. Incredible kind and pleasant human beings that make the experience even more special. I am grateful to Tim, Jesse, Alfredo, Perla Taina, and everyone else that I met at Tubagua. It's aways a gratifying experience to meet people that care for the environment and its well-being. In terms of food...wow. I don't what I was looking forward to the most, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Everything was absolutely exquisite. It was also a plus to have Wifi to post the many "Instagram worthy" pictures!

If you enjoy nature and you seek the authentic Dominican experience, at another level, this is the ideal place. More than an ecolodge, it's an oasis. You'll definitely believe it when you reach the El Charco de los Militares or "God's Swimming Pool" after a pleasant hike in Alfredo's company. If the stunning mountain views aren't enough, the crystalline water will surely impress you.

I recommend Tubagua as the perfect getaway with your friends, significant other and/or family. Even as a sole traveler, you’ll enjoy the experience. It’s an oasis filled with the wonder, beauty and simplicity that will satisfy the wanderlust and the adventurers, the city dwellers, as well as those that reside in the countryside. You won't regret it!

Room tip: The casita offers a lot of privacy and extra comfort.
Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

The Ecolodge is a more special accommodation. Everything is built ecologically.
The location is beautifully high and the view is breathtaking.

There are 3 different types of cabins. We had the Private Lodge, which offers the convenience of a private bathroom and toilet.
On the other hand, there would only be "public" toilet options.

The lodge was beautiful. Super view and lots of space. But you notice clearly that it is a bit outdated. Here and there the lodge could use some repairs and embellishments. Also you have to like insects :). These are of course always there.

The swimming pool is also okay. Not so big that you could swim, but great to relax as long as not too much is going on.

Outstanding is the food which is there. Everything is freshly prepared and it tastes great. The portions are very large and you get full.

What is somewhat unmanageable is the meal package which you can book on the homepage. We had to pay in the end, unfortunately.

The service is super nice and courteous. Always there and helpful.

There are also various excursions offered. The hike is highly recommended. It takes a while, but you see a lot.
The offered tour through the coffee plantation and the mine are ok. In my opinion a little too expensive for what you get.

All in all, highly recommended. Only a renovation of the lodges would soon be necessary.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 958travelr
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Easy drive-the new road is open! Looks perfect for an unplugged, book reading, overnight in a sweet hut with a great dining room! We ate there after our rugged hike with Juanin. Enjoyed the views and then the plunge in God's Swimming Pool. so beautiful.

Date of stay: August 2021