“Awesome Village (Hotel)”

Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Finding myself in the heart of Willemstad was the beginning of a great trip to curacao! Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village and Spa helped to make my stay even more pleasant. After spending one night at Kura Hulanda Lodge in Westpunt, transferring to Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village and Spa was like a dream come true. Ryan the front desk attendant is amazing!! He warm, friendly, helpful accommodating and knowledgeable. He goes beyond the call of duty to ensure that hotel guest were comfortable. My room was in the front of the property, with close proximity to the pedestrian entrance and minutes away for the Queen Emma swinging bridge overlooking the swimming pool with a makeshift waterfall. The decor was beautiful and I can't help but mention the old fashion bath tub and bathroom fixtures. My overall experience was great!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the reception area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth C

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stage at the Kura Hulanda except for one matter that has left me puzzled. I was in one of the farthermost rooms on the property and was having severe internet challenges. Sometimes it would work other times it would be non existent. I asked to change my room, because as I moved across the property closer to the front desk, the internet would improve tremendously. This simple request became a three day ordeal, as the weekend manager said that she couldn't move me nor tell me why. I had been trying to move since Friday and was trying to remain calm in my perplexity. On Sunday of this past week, Ryan who worked at the front desk granted my request. He was pleasant and helpful. The management was not consistent in keeping me abreast of the ever evolving information and let their Tech guy go before getting more info over the weekend. The tech guy had said the front desk had offered a room for me to move and then the management, instead of simply moving me, basically let me wait for two more days, as I shuttled back no forth to the front of the property to receive proper internet access. Thank you Ryan, Monique, and Aaron for great customer service.

Room Tip: I would pick a room closer to the center of the property for good internet. My matresss was unusuall...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was a cute, authentic place to stay in Willemstad. The rooms are spread throughout the property and feel private. The room was comfortable and had a terrace/balcony out front. The property itself can be quite confusing and the staff doesn't really give you any sort of orientation. We didn't find until the end of our visit the much more convenient pedestrian entrance by the museum - we had been using the vehicle entrance! There are two pools, both of which were lovely and lots to explore in the hotel grounds themselves. It very much has a resort feel right in the centre.

Room Tip: The rooms are spread out all over the property, so the locations vary significantly
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay.

Staff was nice and friendly.

Exterior was charming. Beautiful restored village. Lovely swimming pool. Nice vibe.

Interior of rooms needs updating. Needs remodeling.

Great location. Nice food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hoffman-Kokubo
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Really nicely set up, this hotel looks like a wee village rather than a hotel. It has a big main square with the restaurant and bar surrounding it, and the hotel rooms are based around the square as well as in its little streets that run off the square. A small museum is there as well and the rooms are nice and comfy. Nice hot showers (in case you'd want a hot shower...) and there is a big pool to cool down in. Great down town location and helpful staff. Definite recommendation from me if you are looking for something different downtown...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Willemstad hotels
1.3 km away
4.9 km away
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
4.4 km away
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort

Been to Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa

Address: Langestraat 8 | Curacao, Willemstad 33328, Curacao (Formerly Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Curacao > Willemstad
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#11 Spa Hotel in Willemstad
#12 Luxury Hotel in Willemstad
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Willemstad
Price Range: €78 - €257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa 4*
Boutique village experience. The 4 star Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, GHL Hotel offers a boutique village experience in the center of Willemstad, the island's capitol city, 20 minutes from the airport and walking distance to prime shopping, diverse cuisine, nightlife and more. Spread over an eight-block area, the resort village includes two pools, restaurants and bars, shops, a world-acclaimed museum. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa Curacao/Willemstad