All reviewssister hotelfloating bridgeunique hotelantique furniturewifi worked wellslave museumnight managerhotel groundsdeep cleaningfree shuttlebooked this hotelrooms are niceroom cleaningqueen emmastandard roomreception arearestaurants and shops
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stage at the Kura Hulanda except for one matter that has left me puzzled. I was in one of the farthermost rooms on the property and was having severe internet challenges. Sometimes it would work other times it would be non existent. I asked to change my room, because as I moved across the property closer to the front desk, the internet would improve tremendously. This simple request became a three day ordeal, as the weekend manager said that she couldn't move me nor tell me why. I had been trying to move since Friday and was trying to remain calm in my perplexity. On Sunday of this past week, Ryan who worked at the front desk granted my request. He was pleasant and helpful. The management was not consistent in keeping me abreast of the ever evolving information and let their Tech guy go before getting more info over the weekend. The tech guy had said the front desk had offered a room for me to move and then the management, instead of simply moving me, basically let me wait for two more days, as I shuttled back no forth to the front of the property to receive proper internet access. Thank you Ryan, Monique, and Aaron for great customer service.

Room Tip: I would pick a room closer to the center of the property for good internet. My matresss was unusually soft. Ask for options.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was a cute, authentic place to stay in Willemstad. The rooms are spread throughout the property and feel private. The room was comfortable and had a terrace/balcony out front. The property itself can be quite confusing and the staff doesn't really give you any sort of orientation. We didn't find until the end of our visit the much more convenient pedestrian entrance by the museum - we had been using the vehicle entrance! There are two pools, both of which were lovely and lots to explore in the hotel grounds themselves. It very much has a resort feel right in the centre.

Room Tip: The rooms are spread out all over the property, so the locations vary significantly
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay.

Staff was nice and friendly.

Exterior was charming. Beautiful restored village. Lovely swimming pool. Nice vibe.

Interior of rooms needs updating. Needs remodeling.

Great location. Nice food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hoffman-Kokubo
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Really nicely set up, this hotel looks like a wee village rather than a hotel. It has a big main square with the restaurant and bar surrounding it, and the hotel rooms are based around the square as well as in its little streets that run off the square. A small museum is there as well and the rooms are nice and comfy. Nice hot showers (in case you'd want a hot shower...) and there is a big pool to cool down in. Great down town location and helpful staff. Definite recommendation from me if you are looking for something different downtown...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise in a prime location. It is a short walk to Rift Fort and the Queen Emma pontoon bridge into the shops and restaurants of Punda. It is a village of renovated homes turned into suites. Beautiful pool, landscaping and the best staff. Jacob Derrick has done a fantastic job with artifacts and the history of slavery found on site at the museum.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple