“Fresh Asian Fusion”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hidden in one of the oldest neighborhoods of Curacao, Pietermaai Smal, one of the new hot spots on the island just opened in 2011 featuring Carib Asian cuisine.In a combination of colonial hip and loungy style, Ginger mingles exotic spices and ingredients from Asia and the Caribbean. The chef is offering you an exciting journey into the typical common flavors of the Carib and Asian cuisines by serving a wide variety of Carib and Asian style tapas. Hidden, but not to be missed!Daily happy Hour from 5.30 -6.30 (most drinks half price!)
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had a very good meal at Ginger during our stay in Curacao. Located in the trendiest section of Pietermaai, the restaurant serves upscale Asian fusion dishes in a very modern setting. We particularly liked the appetizer platter which was a lot of fun to share. Good seafood is surprisingly hard to come by in Curacao, but everything at Ginger seemed fresh and well-prepared. Service was attentive without being overbearing. It was one of the pricier dinners we had on the island but we enjoyed having it as a splurge meal.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We read the reviews an decided to take a friend (new to the island) to dinner at Ginger. The food was not nice and there was a guitar player and a singer performing there. In my opinion they chased away all the guests. Performance was in line with the food.....

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I dined here the first night since its located inside the grounds of the Pietermaai Boutique Hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive. The prices are a little high. Its cool to see the chef in action from your table preparing dishes. I ordered the sesame tuna- and requested no gluten. The tuna was a bit rubbery and bland tasting for me. The vegetables were okay. But I didn't feel blown away to return there for another meal and found better seafood on the island for less.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

On THE board outsider there was an notice for a wok-evening. When we came on a zaterdag neigt there was no wok eventing. Only a la carte.
But THE food was really Nice.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Maybe I caught them on an unlucky evening, but this dinner was a disaster from beginning to the end. Worst was the unlimited number of flies attacking me, especially after the food was delivered to the table. It was almost impossible to concentrate on eating, and for the first time in my life I almost swallowed a fly in a restaurant during dinner.....
I guess this could have been filmed and placed in a Monty python sketch.
My meal had to be sent out to recook and the bill was wrong and to high when I finally decided to escape.
All in all, a sad , very sad dinner story.