All reviewsdive shopbreakfast basketguided divesinfinity poolbbq nightgreen buildingdive staffdive sitesboutique hotelstandard roomoverlooking the oceansmall hoteldive triptwo bedroom apartmentceiling fanwelcome drinkthe location is perfect
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Scuba Lodge is by far one of the nicest hotels I have been in all my travels. As a traveller and mostly by myself this is a welcoming and family-feel hotel. The staff including housekeeping and chefs are without an exception all kind, hospitable and personal. Also the front desk girls/women ;-) made me feel at home right from the very start. The location is perfect for me, close to the center of Willemstad where the bars and very good restaurants are located. Also the pool, the restaurant are excellent. The wifi is overall and everywhere excellent, even by the pool. The beds are comfortable in the rooms and the room was so clean and the shower supplies where excellent. I stayed in room 16, which is very close to the entrance and restaurant. I loved my room, it was just good for just one person or perhaps 2 with an amazing bathroom. The airco is very quiet and worked excellent as well as the ceiling fan. And let's not forget the diving center and his people, Jordi, Daan and Adriaan are excellent at their work and very warm and kind as well. They are fun to be with and the new bus is great!! Thanks for a wonderful stay and I will return for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 16 which was fine for 1 or 2 people
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hi Margaret,

We read your review several times because it gives us such joy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest. We're very proud to know that Scuba Lodge is one of the nicest hotels your travels have brought you over the years!

We are extremely proud of our team and the commitment they demonstrate on a daily basis. We will pass on your kind words to our team in housekeeping, the front desk, the kitchen and the restaurant, and the dive center.

We all look forward to welcoming you back here in the future!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I stayed at the Scuba Lodge primarily to do some diving. The dive operation is first rate with all of the instructors and dive guides being very personable and concerned with your safety and seeing a nice undersea environment. All of the diving is shore entry. I am an older diver with rickety knees. The dive staff helped with my gear on each and every dive and made it possible for me to have a wonderful diving experience. The reefs are very healthy and we got to see lots of fish, eels, and turtles. I also saw the biggest barracuda I had ever seen. Usually dived with 2 or 3 other divers and a guide. Very nice! The dive shop hosts a weekly Happy Hour where I met divers from all over the world.

The hotel has around 20 rooms so it is a very manageable place. Starting with the reception staff and all of the servers, bartenders. etc. I found the Hotel personnel to be very pleasant, engaging, professional, and interesting to talk with. The clientele was very international with Europeans, South Americans,Canadians and USA folks. This was a highlight of my trip---so many nice people. I had a standard room and it was perfectly adequate, comfortable, and well-maintained.

I loved the restaurant/bar. It is located right on the shore about 10 feet above the crashing surf. Wonderful location with truly spectacular sunsets virtually every evening. The food was excellent. They had a nice menu augmented with nightly chef specials. I had almost all my meals there and had some truly great dishes.

Lots to recommend this place. While a few of the other guests were also divers, many were just there to relax and do some sightseeing. Really hope to be able to return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike P
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hi Mike,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your stay with us! We're a small boutique hotel with 28 rooms and 11 apartments, and therefore we can offer our guests a personal homey feel you won't get from a chain hotel. We are so happy to know that you received the service we strive for and pride ourselves on!

We welcome both divers and non-divers to our hotel, couples and solo travelers, families and groups of friends. And it's fantastic to read that you met people from all around the world here.

Our team at the Dive Center are very passionate about diving and they love to show the underwater world to everyone interested. It's great to read that you enjoyed your shore dives with us and that you got to see a lot of marine life. Anything that they can do to help make your diving experience better, they will strive to do!

We will make sure to pass on your compliments to our team at the dive center, the restaurant and kitchen, the housekeeping, and the front desk. We would all love to welcome you back at Scuba Lodge if you return to Curaçao in the future!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Everything about my experience with Scuba Lodge was great. They responded to my emails in a timely manner and answered all my questions. We were only there for 3 nights so the smallest room size worked just fine. I think the mini kitchen and additional space would have been nice if we had been there longer. I worried a little that the place would be very scuba diving oriented (we aren't divers) and while they do have a mini dive center, the hotel itself was a perfect place to relax and getaway. We spent most of our time lounging by the pool. The restaurant had good food - we had dinner one night and lunch another day. We also had the hotel arrange a massage onsite and we joined the intro to diving class. Like I mentioned - we are not divers - but it was a fun and convenient activity and we had a great time.

The hotel's location was perfect - we were able to walk to town and to restaurants/bars. We never took a cab and if we had stayed longer probably would have rented a car to explore the other end of the island.

I truly cannot recommend this hotel enough and if I go back to Curacao I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anntekla
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for this review, we're absolutely delighted to know that you had a delightful stay with us! It is always our pleasure to provide our guests with the best service possible and we are glad to know that you experienced just that.

We offer four different types of rooms ranging from comfortable standard rooms to our superior deluxe rooms with a kitchenette and a private balcony overlooking the ocean and the infinity pool. We are happy to read that you liked the room you were given.

Both divers and non-divers are welcome to stay with us. Scuba Lodge is ideally located if you are looking for a base to discover the best of Curaçao! We're right next to the ocean and just a short walk away from the city center of Willemstad.

We thank you for your stay and we hope to welcome you again when your travel brings you back to Curaçao!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Amazing hotel! Within walking distance of the city's main attractions - Queen Emma Bridge, Plasa Bieu, Fort Nassau, Handelskade, etc. The staff was super friendly! From the moment I booked to the moment I left they did everything they could to make my boyfriend's birthday special! The pool is perfect and the rooms are cozy. Definitely try BBQ night on Thursday. The food was great! I highly recommend the Scuba Lodge!!

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartments are AMAZING
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Scubalodge, Public Relations Manager at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much for this kind review! We're really glad to know that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your visit to Curaçao and your stay at Scuba Lodge. It's good to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, central location, and hotel facilities.

It was our pleasure having you two as our guests, and giving you the authentic, friendly and personal service experience we pride ourselves in. We're happy that we were able to make your boyfriend's birthday a special and memorable one.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another incredible stay when your travels bring you back to Curaçao!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed 2 weeks at scuba lodge, very relaxing holiday, the entire staff is very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Relaxed atmosphere at the restaurant, very high food quality at a reasonable price level, even good choices for vegetarians on the menu!

Room Tip: Room towards seaside at ground floor offer short access to the pool and the higher floors maybe a bit better view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received the service that we strive to provide.

A little over a year ago, we added several vegetarian options to our menu and we're currently working on adding some more vegan options as well. We would love to welcome you back in the future so that you can try some of our new dishes!